AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Voxman Electronics - 10/01/11 04:51 PM
Hey folks. Was out of the country for a spell and upon return our DVD surround sound will not output to the hard wired speakers. Connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, it works, but relies on the crappy TV speakers. Took it apart for fun and don't see any visual issues...

Anyone know someone who tinkers in electronics or a business on the island that might be able to diagnose this problem and fix it? Of course, don't want to pay a fortune but also don't want a shiny rectangle brick with lights. smile

TIA
Posted By: chunkyruth Re: Electronics - 10/01/11 10:37 PM
Ah, the Belizean effect on electronics. I remember having a TV that wouldn't turn off...even when I unplugged it!
Posted By: Dwight K Schrute Re: Electronics - 10/02/11 08:08 AM
The guy you need to talk to is the projectionist/tech guy at Paradise Theater, I think his name is Daniel. I know he is real busy but he is usually there weekend evenings.
Posted By: Voxman Re: Electronics - 10/02/11 06:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will stop by the Theater and ask him. Another person told me there is a talented guy named Waldon that could help too but that he's hard to reach?
Posted By: Dwight K Schrute Re: Electronics - 10/03/11 11:45 AM
I don't know who this Waldon guy is, All I can tell you is the left side wasn't working on my mp3 music player and the guy at Paradise diagnosed the problem in like 30 seconds. Turns out I just needed a new set of ear buds.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board