AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Myself and my two children are coming to AC in June. Could someone please tell us what is the best defense against mosquitoes? And I have heard that June is the begining of the 'wet' season,which will make 'no-seeums'worse! Is this true? I have just seen a new device in a magazine that repels mosquitoes by transmitting a sound like a dragonfly (mosquitoes most feared predetor) the sound is barely audible by human ears,anyone heard of or tried this gadget? We are staying at The Palms and wanted to rent bikes for 10 days,any guidance on where we can get a good deal? And lastly, we are next door to Ramons,if we show a little patronage at the bar would we be allowed to use there pool,or is this not done on AC? Oh, also what can we expect in temperatures in the day, is it very humid and steamy? Sorry so long winded. Thanks in advance,any info is appreciated. Karin.
Karin,

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the lack of mosquitoes and sandflies in San Pedro, at least in and around the more developed areas (off the water on North Ambergris and in the far southern part of the island you likely will encounter a lot of mosquitoes.)

The Palms has a nice small pool. I think you'll have to play it by hear on Ramon's pool. They used to let guests from a couple of the nearby condos use the pool, but stopped that.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board