AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming

Posted By: Alter Ego.

Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/17/11 10:08 PM

Ive been studying the components of my golfcart and some ATVs and I notice for almost no money at all you can adapt a chip for tracking even possibly boats. You might be asking and how will it be tracked..well I have found out you can do some amazing things on Google Maps
Posted By: Capt. Hollywood

Re: Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/18/11 02:30 AM

Lots of places to hide a gps tracker in a car.Golf carts are too simple. Unless it's in a vandal proof box securely mounted to the frame with it's own power supply, it won't be long before they figure out
1 Lift seat
2 cut wires and/or rip out gps

Second problem is the hero factor. Thats why only the police can track a Lojack signal. So you track it on google. Are you going to bust into a chop shop, alone, unarmed not knowing who you are up against? Don't think it won't happen after a few brewskies. It's called liquid courage.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/18/11 03:16 AM

http://www.paradoxmarine.com/boat-yacht-&-vessel-gps-satellite-tracking-packages/navtracker.htm

Small and easy to hide and most golf cart thieves are not that smart.

Anytime a local's golf cart goes missing it usually isn't one person jumping in their cart to look for the thieves it's a group of carts loaded for bear.

Re: Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/18/11 03:35 AM

Looked at it. Good for big boats. Not saying it's not a good idea, but if you put one in a golf cart, I'll have it disabled in 60 sec or less. Just sayin'.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/18/11 04:43 AM

You might but most of the tards that steal golf carts wouldn't have a clue.

Re: Possible GPS tracking for Golfcarts ATVs coming - 11/18/11 05:02 AM

If you get one I'll take the Pepsi Challenge, but you are probably right about the tards. I'm more worried about the subsequent chase...some of the tards have 9mms
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board