AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Water taxis south of town?

Posted By: jigzmom

Water taxis south of town? - 11/26/11 03:27 PM

Do the water taxis serve the piers south of San Pedro? We will be staying at Pelican Reef in January and would prefer not to rent a golf cart for the entire week, was hoping we could make use of the water taxis. I read in a post (not sure how old it was) that the water taxis only go north.
Posted By: Sober

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/26/11 03:40 PM

Here is the web site for the water taxi.

//ambergriscaye.com/coastalxpress/index.html
Posted By: PROBUS

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/26/11 04:44 PM

And don't forget the land-based taxis, which are numerous.
Posted By: ambergrishog

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/26/11 04:56 PM

The staff at Pelican Reef can assist you with either land or water based taxis or golf cart rentals. They are Great!

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/27/11 02:36 PM

Thank you so much!! Mcplus, thanks for the water taxi schedule, it will be very helpful.
Posted By: Tortugaa

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/28/11 02:08 AM

My wife and I stayed at Pelican Reef in October and didn't get a golf cart either. We stuck with a taxi whenever we went into town ($10/US per way) and it turned out to be a lot cheaper than a golf cart or the water taxi. If you are going to be going back and forth from your hotel to town, it wouldn't be the best bet but if you want to make a trip a day, you will save a ton.

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/28/11 03:55 AM

Thanks, Tortugaa! We will probably go into town once a day, for a meal and/or food for the kitchen. We may rent a golf cart one day to explore the island, but it's good to know that we won't need a cart for the whole week.
Posted By: Tortugaa

Re: Water taxis south of town? - 11/28/11 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by jigzmom
Thanks, Tortugaa! We will probably go into town once a day, for a meal and/or food for the kitchen. We may rent a golf cart one day to explore the island, but it's good to know that we won't need a cart for the whole week.

Depending upon where you want to go for dinners (Victoria House & Hidden Treasure are both great choices), they will offer free transportation to and from the hotel.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board