AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Missing Dog! please help

Posted By: MathieusDeli

Missing Dog! please help - 11/28/11 06:22 PM

HELP!!! Our dog Karma has gone missing again. Disappeared from outside BC's / Hurricane's last night when the fireworks started. Lab mix, 60lbs, white mark on forehead, small black smudge on right haunch, white tip on tail, green rabies tag, purple collar, please call me 626 2925 or Gunter on 666 4975 if found! Will eat chicken feet and stale ricotta cheese.... Thank you!
[Linked Image]

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/28/11 06:23 PM

His name tag fell off last week and the next one is waiting at Gecko to be picked up. Ironic....

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/29/11 01:02 PM

Karma is still missing. Please keep a lookout for him, we've checked areas south of BCs five or six times at all hours of the day (we used to live a little north of dfc and used to walk the beach N and S of Banyan bay a lot), have also trawled streets in town. We live Boca del rio near school and times he's got out of the yard he always turns up immediately at the shop opposite paradise villas.

we will offer a reward to anyone locating him or bringing him back (cash/bread/lunches whatever). Thank you.
Posted By: ShadowCat

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/29/11 01:45 PM

There seem to be a number of dogs that have gone missing recently. I will be sure to keep a look out for you. I feed a number of the Island doggies.

I believe that due to the stray law that saga are now enforcing more so, your best place may be to pop down there to see if he has been mistaken for a stray. I noticed that there are a lot less strays around on the streets at the moment.

Please keep us updated and we will keep a look out for you.

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/29/11 06:08 PM

checked SAGA three times over the course of yesterday and today, and a friend has just checked again, he's not there... I'm going to put out some flyers with the photo - we will offer a reward for his return.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/29/11 06:22 PM

When Pepperoni Dave's dog went missing after a fireworks show some years ago....a friend found him at the far southern end of the island...where he had apparently run in terror.
Posted By: ShadowCat

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/29/11 09:22 PM

Well I will certainly keep an eye out for you.

Fingers crossed he will appear soon.

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 11/30/11 04:40 PM

He is still missing! Please keep an eye out, we'll be cycling down south this afternoon. Have posted flyers near tropic at San pedrito - offering reward.

thank you!

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/01/11 01:47 PM

Karma is still gone.... He's very very special to us, I implore all reading this board to keep a look out in backyards, streets and lots. He must be here somewhere! Many thanks to all those who've been actively searching and calling us with leads. We're distraught right now. Thanks
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/01/11 03:16 PM

I really feel for you and can only imagine how upsetting this is. I would feel the same if our sweet Paisley went missing. I've got my eyes peeled for Karma!

Emily
Posted By: Jimbobiker

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/01/11 04:39 PM

Had breakfast there with you this morning and overheard about your dog. I am hoping that you find her soon safe and sound!

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/02/11 03:42 AM

Thanks Jimbobiker! Hope you enjoyed breakfast!
I trawled around dfc today street by street very very slowly looking for every dog and trying to get them to be interested in me passing so I could see if Karma was amongst them, nothing... have been doing the beach early and afternoon too, beyond the bridge, boca del rio and san mateo ... he's so special to us. His odd behavior to me - nuzzling and nosing my belly one morning when i wasn't feeling on top of the world led me to seek medical help which led to diagnosis for which i had to be operated. He's one hell of a dog and I hope that his tail end disappearing off the pier wasn't the last we'll see of him. :-(
Posted By: Cayemen

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/02/11 05:06 AM

Gunter lets hope Karma comes back. For sure he knows where he belongs.

And if he has the possibility to run away from his capturer, he will come home for sure.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/02/11 03:06 PM

We are looking everyday - even in yards to try and find Karma. He must be so sad and lonely too. I have read about such stories before when animals help with diagnosis of illnesses. That is a special pup for sure.

I hope he comes home soon.
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/02/11 03:40 PM

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ana and Gunther - so sorry frown He'll come home, i'm sure of it. Will be on the lookout... bah

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/03/11 11:27 PM

Thanks to all who have pulled together and helped in the search for poor terrorized Karma.... the GOOD news is that he turned up yesterday late evening at our old apartment in San Pablo not far from DFC... the BETTER news is that wonderful yogi, friend, masseuse and dog lover Ticia now lives in our old apartment, recognized Karma (covered in dirt and sopping wet) and gave him a bed and food for the night (THANK YOU TICIA!) ... the BAD news (only a little bad) is that he had a fair few nips and bites on him, including two huge, deep, gaping holes in his hind leg that Ticia cleaned up. We picked him up and took him to the vets where he had his catch up Rabies & Distemper shots, Promeris, heartworm, vitamin shot and antibiotics administered. He's tired and stiff but safe and back home now. Thanks to all the taxi drivers, friends, board readers, school kids, and tourists who have been looking out for Karma, what a fabulous community we live in!!

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/03/11 11:34 PM

Congratulations! Your family is complete again....
Posted By: Cayemen

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/03/11 11:42 PM

Great news, we are happy for you..
Posted By: GwenA

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/03/11 11:45 PM

So, happy for you! I asked Marty to pull my recent SUki post, because I didn't want it to detract from yours. I couldn't figure out how to do it!
I'm extatic for you!
Posted By: kathyw

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/03/11 11:57 PM

So happy to hear your Karma is home. I've watched everyday to see if this was the day he came home. Sorry to hear he had bite marks but that will heal now that he's home.
Posted By: collyk

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/04/11 12:35 AM

I've been so upset for you guys about this. It cheered me up to no end to hear that Karma is back safe and sound. Wow. What a stressful time waiting though. Big hugs!!!!

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/04/11 12:46 AM

Good that he's back
Posted By: denjy

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/04/11 01:36 AM

Good!
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/04/11 03:19 PM

Whew...what a relief! Every time we went by Mathieu's I couldn't help but think about Karma. I am so glad this story ended happily!

Emily
Posted By: Bear

Re: Missing Dog! please help - 12/04/11 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by SP Daily
When Pepperoni Dave's dog went missing after a fireworks show some years ago....a friend found him at the far southern end of the island...where he had apparently run in terror.

So glad he's back!

Jesse's absolutely right about fireworks and dogs. Firework shows make some dogs (and other pets) go crazy. The effect of the lifitng charge and shell breaks on a dogs' ears and psyche are dramatic; it's painfull. Once they panic they'll head any which way they can to get out of Dodge; no rhyme or reason as to destination. It can take days before they get their shit together to head home (assuming they can even "remember" how to do that at all). Before my 4th shows here at home we usually collaborate with our local animal shelters/humane society and run a piece in the local papers asking people to secure their pets in a safe placed at home.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board