AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: PAUL T kayaking information - 06/19/00 06:38 PM
we have a week booked in AC with the Tradewinds Paradise villas end of August.We can't wait !!!... we'd like to do some canoeing or kayaking. Who rents them in St.Pedro ? how much ? and how far and where can you paddle out ? thanks for the info.
I would like to say that I like this board very much, unlike many other message boards
I've visited, this one has many helpful people that use this board for no other purpose then to promote all of the wonders that Belize offers. It's just makes me want to be there all the more.
Posted By: margarita Re: kayaking information - 06/20/00 09:27 PM
I have never tried them but SEAduced advertizes kayaking on the back side. //www.ambergriscaye.com/seaduced/index.html
I have seen other places with kayaks on the reef side of the island, try asking through your hotel.
Never saw anyone paddle out past the reef!
Posted By: Debbie Re: kayaking information - 06/20/00 10:44 PM
There are also day tours to the jungle rivers on the mainland. They are kayaking/canoe trips and I hear they are simply wonderful. I didn't try it, but I bet if you dig on the internet you'll find them. Try Excalibur Tours in San Pedro. Actually, if these tour places don't have what you want, it was my experience they will do their best to find it for you.

We stayed on the Macal River for part of our trip, and it was so breathtaking, I wish we had canoed and kayaked. Maybe when we go next year.
Posted By: Marty Re: kayaking information - 06/21/00 01:48 AM
Excalibur, SeaDuced by Belize, and many other San Pedro tour folks are linked from //www.ambergriscaye.com/tours
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: kayaking information - 06/21/00 11:52 PM
I kayak on Laguna de San Pedro, behind the Town, and its very nice. Lots of beautiful clear shallow water that ya can see the bottom and wonderful birdlife back there. The only word of causion that I have is that some of the "sand" back there is calcium and its easy to sink down to the knee level. Best thing to do is push off to the belly postion. Better yet try your steps carefully. Good luck.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board