AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ColdwellBankerSP RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 02:41 PM
Kristy, myself and especially Madison will miss you and your energy every single day.
Posted By: JZB Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 03:37 PM
Very sorry to hear the news! He and his smiling face will certainly be missed. frown
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 04:15 PM
Hey guys. This is not the Tom who works there...right?
Posted By: islanddogs Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 04:24 PM
Yeah...unfortunately it was him. Very sad news. I'm trying to find out what happened. As far as I know he wasn't ill, if he was he hid it very well because even yesterday he was his normal warm and smiling self....
Posted By: collyk Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 04:32 PM
So very, very sad. RIP Tom.
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 04:39 PM
We will miss you Tom. And your "kids". RIP.
Posted By: BeBelize Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 04:54 PM
I didn't know Tom and have never been to Fido's, but Ambergris Daily posted that he took a fall down the tile stairs in his residence and broke his neck. So tragic and sad. May he rest in peace.

P.S. Sorry, I cannot seem to get the link above to work.
Posted By: Phil Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 05:06 PM
Shocked - very sad. Saw him almost every day as we passed with our dogs on the early evening walk. One of the happiest go-lucky people you could meet.
Posted By: CarlosCabanas Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 05:33 PM
Terrible news! I never saw Tom without a huge smile on his face. He was a great ambassador for Fido's and Belize! He will be missed.
i had the pleasure of being on a flight with tom on his way back to the states for the first time in some 3+ years. He as very excited about his empty suitcase that he as going to fill. I am so glad that he had a chance to go back and see his family before his untimely passing.

to Kit and the Fido's team - your loss is immense, and i'm so sorry for your pain.

death sucks.
Posted By: Canam Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 05:50 PM
Very sad. My last day on the island 3 years ago, suitcases packed and dog in crate, and he begged me to come by Fido's. It was 10 am and he insisted on doing a shot of jager (which for whatever reason he enjoyed). I obliged of course and still remember the smile on his face after the deed was done.

Keep smiling brother.
Posted By: reaper Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 05:53 PM
Damn.

He always welcomed us with a big smile.
Posted By: gecko_girl Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 05:58 PM
Very sad indeed - Tom was always smiling and we shared a joke just last week when I popped into Fido's. He will surely be missed.
Posted By: 737Pilot Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 06:14 PM
This is very sad news to us, as Tom was a great, happy guy. I remember the first time that we met him, he was managing Mata Rocks. We were very pleased when he joined the team at Fido's. My husband and I were on our way down on October 21st, 2011. While waiting on our flight in the Houston airport, we ran into Tom. He was also waiting on the flight to BZE. This is so sad....I will always remember the smile on his face as he was boarding his last flight home. Tom was so excited to reunite with his dogs.....So sad.
Posted By: lil'red Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 06:38 PM
Such shocking and saddening news. He was a very good friend to us in the band. I never saw him down or angry, always with a smile and something nice to say. he will be missed
Posted By: Bwana Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 06:56 PM
This is sad news indeed, I always liked Tom, he was a good guy and always had a smile on his face. I enjoyed talking to Tom when I was down there for my visits and it won't be the same not seeing him in Fido's, when we are there this year.

RIP
Posted By: Tim Callanan Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 07:50 PM
WOW,we are very sorry for the Fido's team and his family.We will miss him,he had a smile and a wave for everyone!R.I.P. Tom
Posted By: captjeff Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 08:15 PM
This is so sad Tom was a real deal nice guy .Always A smile .
He lived next door to my buddy Steve Demaio he runs and owns the fishingsanpedro.com web site .I would vist Steve lots
So I know the tile steps he fell down they get very slick when wet.
They both lived on the top floor above
manelys ice cream arcross from lions den
A SHAME THAT SOMETIMES SHIT HAPPENS TO NICE PEOPLE
Tom was trying to live the dream A good thing to do.
AND GLAD HE GOT TO DO THAT FOR A SHORT WHILE
TOM R.I.P
Posted By: tortuga.chica Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/02/12 10:41 PM
How terribly sad. I did not know Tom, but from reading the above posts, he will be dearly missed. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: AriTrejo Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/03/12 08:13 PM
OMG just realized who this is that is such sad and awful news, he was such a sweetie, always friendly and helpful!! Are they doing any kind of memorial service for him? What happened with his dogs?? Geez Tom it's not fair RIP
Posted By: catfish Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/03/12 10:22 PM
There was a Facebook post that a memorial is planned for Thursday at Fido's between 3:00 and 5:00.
Posted By: AriTrejo Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/04/12 12:00 AM
Thanks Catfish
Posted By: TravelinMan1 Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/04/12 01:34 AM
It looks like the Tom Party has been re-scheduled for next week. I will post an update here when there is a firm time and day.
Posted By: Marty Re: RIP Tommy Boy (Tom K from Fido's) - 01/04/12 01:57 PM
[Linked Image]

Residents of San Pedro started the New Year with some sad and unfortunate news as island resident and a great friend to many passed away after suffering an accident in the early morning hours of Monday, January 2, 2012.

Thomas Kimbrell an employee of Fido's Restaurant and Bar was pronounced dead at 1:35a.m. by Dr. Lorenzo Nicholson on January 2, after he suffered a fatal fall from the third floor of his apartment complex.

According to reports Kimbrell was leaving his apartment on the third floor of the Manelly's building located on the corner of Barrier Reef Drive and Pelican Street, after walking his dogs. Friends mentioned that he was going to meet some friends. It had been raining and Kimbrell slipped on the first couple of steps and fell down the stairs. According to police reports, Tom broke his neck, suffered a cut wound to his head and died instantly.

Thomas Kimbrell was a beloved member of the Fido's Family. A memorial service at Fido's aptly titled "Tom's Party" will be held on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 3:00p.m. to celebrate his life. All who loved Tom are invited to attend.

Ambergris Today
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board