AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Reef Village Time Share Owners

Posted By: RVTSowner

Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/07/12 05:06 PM

I am a time share owner at Reef Village who apparently does not have a timeshare according to some recent research. Jeff Has not answered any calls or e-mails and is hiding from questions. He wants to charge me Maintenance fees on a timeshare and then charge me thousands of dollars to use said timeshare. The owners have doen what they need to do to gain control ...its about time that we as timeshare owners do the SAME!!

Does anyone out there want to join me in finding out what we can do to stop the fraud being committed by him at the Reef Village.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/07/12 06:27 PM

thought this horse was beat to death a while ago......
Posted By: sunandsand

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/09/12 11:50 PM

This horse is alive and kicking as long as Mr. pierce continues to abuse those who have trusted him. Unfortunately, every word out of his mouth only stands to serve him alone, and unless people know this, they will continue to trust him. He needs to be stopped, but it can't happen without help. The people who gave him money in good faith, thinking they would be protected by law if something went awry, are getting tired of the lack of support from the ministers, and are banding together and will be exposing a lot of things that those in power have turned a blind eye to. I hope he gets his dues. And I hope those he has stolen from get to see it happen!
Posted By: Bear

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 12:18 AM

Every time I read an addition to this thread it just makes me feel bad for these folks...
Posted By: Sunny Reef

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 03:13 AM

Why do you think this horse had been beaten to death a while ago? There's nothing solved and it looks as if Jeff still continues to harm to many people. As long as he's still riding through town, smiling (and I guess he smiles because he got some more innocent people ripped off), protected by members of the government and even opposition, this horse will not be dead. I have worked for him - an average of 14 to 16 hours every single day, pretty much no day off, no vacation and in the end not been paid by him (like so many others).

In the end he tried to destroy my very good reputation in telling people that I stole money from him, which I never did. I'm not sure if anyone had been more honest to him, and then he thew into my face giving me a load of crap lies and threatening me with his lawyer. I did everything for him. I was the first who marketed his place, replacing 6 "heads of departments", just the money I saved for him in lowering his ridiculous 58% of food cost in the restaurant was much more than he paid to me in salary! I did all the art work for his money-burning Lorrie Morgan crap to open the theater (where he burnt 40k BZ$), bought software out of my pocket, in order to keep his resort up. When I saw how they stole furniture from privately owned villas to fill any lackings of other villas not furnished as promised I secretly returned these furniture to the owners' villas.

He wanted me to send mass mailing out - something no honest company does and therefore he bought Ten thousands of email addresses (which is illegal) and received databases with 98% unusable emails. Then asked me to send out mail by mail and I sent some thousand emails out - email by email. I had to watch where his wife took private furniture out of private condos and placed this furniture into public areas and I had to watch where they put used furniture into condos, but sold as new.

The only way I could be sure to have the restaurant continuously run was to do the shopping with my own money (as it was very important for me to satisfy the owners).
The only reason I continued was that I have a family of 6 to take care of and already had 2 employers that ripped me off and didn't pay = one of them actually working for the government.

I saw how Jeff used funds of people who just bought Time Shares and the contract made clear that he was not allowed to use this money within a certain time. The people who signed these contracts claimed their money back the next day and Jeff didn't refund and all these people who I helped to get their money back had to go through BTB in the end and fight for up to 6 months!

I saw a decision from Supreme Court where Jeff hadn't paid for the blocks he used to build his villas and in the end after the court case he had to pay 2.5 times the amount - more than a Million BZ$ more than the original amount and he probably paid with the money owners and the Time Sharers had paid to pay for their properties and that's a part of how he burnt their money.

He kept the most useless heads of departments and I had to work with people you would not want to work for even 5 minutes. Some of them protected by his wife who thought "they were pretty cute and she would wish her daughter would marry so she would get a son in law like him" (and in the end these were people who on a daily basis cracked into their cash and stole thousands.

If I would write everything down it would be enough stuff for 2 novels and a TV show with 2 or 3 seasons - you would not believe a part of it.

In the end I asked a minister to help to get my money and he told me "yes, I have heard that he does not pay his people". He spoke with Jeff and after this meeting didn't want to speak with me anymore - guess why? He told some people that Jeff didn't pay me as I left an empty computer. Well, that would be a good joke if Jeff doesn't pay me and in the end I'm even stupid enough to leave the software paid by me with my private cash on his computer. But everything the minister said was an excuse anyway. I know exactly what happened.

I never been in more financial trouble in my life. My whole family is still suffering and we have to fight very hard to keep the kids in school as I was not willing to work in Belize anymore. I have had it with the lack of interest and protection from the ministers, and the people who do the work are the ones who get abused.

So, if you ask me if this horse has been beaten to death - how would you get that kind of idea as long as he's still continuing - doing the most possible harm to tourist who come to Belize and then tell everybody else how very much they have been ripped off and the Government not doing anything? Can you imagine how very much this effects tourism and the income of you and you and me? I had to leave Belize and am far from my family and from the kids and if you would have seen the kids crying you would never ask, if this horse had been beaten to death: This horse will not be dead till the moment he is made to take responsibility for what he did and continues to do and I think we have to keep it up in order to warn many others and all the people he's about to screw up!

I hope very much that there will be more people posting now about all this - first of all to protect others, to warn and to make it more difficult to those officials who still help JP. I hope that the wind that will blow around his face will get colder and will freeze his fingers with which he still gets into innocent people's pockets! ! and I hope he'll not be able to continue to harm all these people who worked a life time and finally could afford a little piece of heaven that tunred out into a nightmare! I hope he'll not be able to destroy more vacation of people who work hard for 50weeks a year just to have 2 weeks of joy and re-charge in a beautiful country and then instead of relax and enjoy get screwed up by him! So - this horse will have to run and we and more have to keep it alive!
Posted By: moonbeam

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 05:23 AM

smile Sure.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 01:47 PM

Amen, Sunny Reef!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 02:01 PM

I applaud the stamina of those who continue to work to clean up the mess.
I would caution them not to waste their energies on emotional stuff (fuel for which is abundant). Stick to the points you can win and don't get distracted by the other stuff. Emotional turmoil wastes time and energy, and makes your efforts far less effective.
Yes, easier said than done - - - but give it a try and check the results.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 03:32 PM

This is very unfortunate for those involved. Belize is a country that has laws and this appears to be an issue that should be in the courts. It certainly will not get resolved on a message board.

When people do not balance complaining with taking action to resolves injustices, sympathy can eventually turn to apathy.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by bywarren
Belize is a country that has laws and this appears to be an issue that should be in the courts.

Yes, Bywarren, it will not be resolved on the message board, but the laws in Belize won't work if those who enforce the laws are easily paid off. The mission now is to get the word out to those who CAN make a difference, and bypass those who have their pockets lined with the criminals money.

This will take effort from everyone involved with RV, in any capacity. I hope the end of his run is near!

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 05:12 PM

I think you are doing an injustice to Belize to infer the legal system is corrupt. My experience is to the contrary and until those who feel they have been delt an injustice persue this thru the courts, I am starting to feel less sympathy for them and believe they are possibly damaging the reputation of Belize by just complaining and doing nothing more to resolve their problems by using the excuse that the system is corrupt.

PS: there was talk earlier about some of the people initiating legal action, and if that is being done, I commend them and would hope this will be resolved thru the courts and not just continue on the message board.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 05:35 PM

I am not a supporter of Jeff Pierce - BUT - have any of you seen him lately? He has aged and is not smiling. Does he even have anything left to pay off people with? What does he have that you owners can sue him for?
I applaud those of you who persist in following up.
The more FACTS that are made public the better chance you have of getting someplace. Details are vital and you can't worry about protecting the guilty.
Good luck.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 08:16 PM

Yes, Harriette, I understand he is really showing his age. I guess when you are constantly having to hide to avoid those you have taken advantage of, it will shave a few years off of your life.
As for taking legal efforts, many are in the works, and hopefully will come to fruition in the very near future. He is quite agile in the avoidance of having any papers served to him. He hides, lies, and otherwise falls off the face of the earth whenever they try to serve him. Another way he has of playing the system. I don't know the answer, but once we can catch the slippery thief, then we will work towards recovering money, dreams, life savings, family trusts, etc. He has taken more than he will ever be able to repay. And, I think some will be happy with an admission of guilt, so he likely wouldn't have to pay for all of his evils ways. Some, however, want to see him fry.....those will have to work a bit harder. Personally, I'm not sure what I want from him, other than for him to fade into the sunset, never to be heard from again. To expect more than that would be a pipe dream. I just want him to stop. Once and for all, and admit that he is a jerk, and admit that he has taken advantage of people who have trusted him. But, I wouldn't be opposed to watching him fall on an ant hill, smothered with honey!!! Just saying!
Posted By: baartman

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 09:28 PM

Bywarren...it may be wrong to suggest the government is corrupt, but inept in mho would not out of the question. The owners have been diligent in trying to work with JP to resolve issues such as title transfer, necessary upgrades and development completion for almost 2 years, guess what we have accomplished? Squat!! He has continually defied positive proposals by the owners and the government agencies have continually stonewalled and failed to support the owners while appearing to support the positions of the developer. There are approximately 140 villa/condo owners and an estimated 400 timeshare owners, you would think the government would work in the best interest of these 500+ purchasers...if so, why is status of the resort in exactly the same place it was 2 years...in part by the actions or should I say the inactions of the government to man up and protect the interests of purchasers!! Purchasing in Belize was my dream and that of all RV owners. The developer has grossly failed to meet the expectations of owners, abused his position of trust and turned purchasing at Reef Village an absolute nightmare for most therefore "stealing our dreams".
Posted By: champion

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 09:57 PM

Hows about a hundert or so of yas sho up En Masse With paperwork and take it over.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 10:44 PM

baartman: I will not defend or even have much positive to say about the government of Belize. My comments were that I have found the legal system in Belize of be fair and it appears this is where the owners need to take their case.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 10:47 PM

We have taken over the daily operations, forming a HOA, hiring a mgmt company, and this company is doing an amazing job. We have law suits pending against him, and hopefully the time share group will also gather together and start legal proceedings against him. I want his empire to fall. I know it's personal, but I just can't help it! He is what a slime ball is made of! And, you ALL know i used to be his biggest supporter, I used to fight battles for him, I always gave him the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore!

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/10/12 10:50 PM

Anyone who is still involved with him is either afraid, in a financial agreement with him, or just can't see him for the person he really is!
We have also pulled our units out of the rental pool, and don't give him any HOA fees or utilities. He isn't getting a penny from most of us.
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 01:42 AM

I just thank the gods that we didn't go up to hear the RV timeshare spiel when we were begged and cajoled OVER AND OVER again by the aggressive RV salespeople on our first trip to San Pedro in May 2010. They were camped out right beside The Phoenix, where we were staying, so we got the full sales pitch every time we left our unit.

We talked to a nice young couple when we were here vacationing who had gone to RV for the timeshare presentation, and although they didn't bite, said it was VERY convincing, and they almost felt sorry that they didn't go for it, since the RV marketeers made it seem like heaven on earth there, and that they'd be insane not to go for it -- that there was no way to lose. Ha!

My sincere sympathies for all of you who are having to battle JP now to get what you paid for. What a horrible way for your dreams to end up. frown

Emily
Posted By: Sunny Reef

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 06:34 AM

I think you are doing an injustice to Belize to infer the legal system is corrupt. My experience is to the contrary and until those who feel they have been delt an injustice persue this thru the courts,.....

I would love to believe in this "paradise-view" of circumstances in Belize - unfortunately it seems very different to me.

Just one example: JP stopped to pay Belizean workers on certain occasions and these people (many of them fathers of families with many kids) could not pay their rent anymore and got in very big trouble. They went to labor office in San Pedro and labor office didn't move a finger. Many of them still don't have their money! JP himself told me (and I cannot say if it's true or not - but he told me!) about commitment of politicians to his projects.

So, Bywarren, it's good that you're dreaming of something that might perhaps one day be reality but I suppose that we're very far from this status!

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sunny Reef
I think you are doing an injustice to Belize to infer the legal system is corrupt. My experience is to the contrary and until those who feel they have been delt an injustice persue this thru the courts,.....

I would love to believe in this "paradise-view" of circumstances in Belize - unfortunately it seems very different to me.

Just one example: JP stopped to pay Belizean workers on certain occasions and these people (many of them fathers of families with many kids) could not pay their rent anymore and got in very big trouble. They went to labor office in San Pedro and labor office didn't move a finger. Many of them still don't have their money! JP himself told me (and I cannot say if it's true or not - but he told me!) about commitment of politicians to his projects.

So, Bywarren, it's good that you're dreaming of something that might perhaps one day be reality but I suppose that we're very far from this status!

In our experience, the Labour Board is very very much on the side of the employee - very. I'd say most employers would agree.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 02:11 PM

Once again Sunny Reef I am not defending the politicians or bureaucrats. From the volume of comments made by those involved with Jeff Pierce, it seems apparent to me this should be decided by the courts. As I stated, after a while, sympathy can turn to apathy when people complain and take no action to hold those responsible for wrong doings.
For those who may have initiated legal action, I commend you. For those just pissing and moaning on a message board, I am more interested in seeing justice and having all get what they deserve.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 07:14 PM

I have heard, from someone who heard it from Jeff's own lips, "I have the ministers in my pocket"....I guess that could be interpreted a couple of ways, but I only understand it as he can buy them off...if this isn't true, I'd love another explanation!

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by sunandsand
I have heard, from someone who heard it from Jeff's own lips, "I have the ministers in my pocket"....I guess that could be interpreted a couple of ways, but I only understand it as he can buy them off...if this isn't true, I'd love another explanation!

Isn't it peculiar to call a man dishonest and then hold up his own claims as truth?

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 09:24 PM

Not if his words are stating illegal or underhanded actions. Those I would believe. However, if he said he had them working towards the betterment of something, I wouldn't believe a word he said!

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/11/12 10:10 PM

I wish I knew what JP looked like in case I see him around town. Is there a photo posted anywhere online?
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by BeBelize
I wish I knew what JP looked like in case I see him around town. Is there a photo posted anywhere online?

Why?
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 01:55 AM

Perhaps that she may avoid engaging in any type of commerce or conversation with the dude? Only a guess.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 02:17 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 03:14 AM

Would you buy a used car from that guy ?

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by iluvbelize
Perhaps that she may avoid engaging in any type of commerce or conversation with the dude? Only a guess.

You got it! grin
Thanks klcman.

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/12/12 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ernie B
Would you buy a used car from that guy ?

Ernie, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy oxygen from him if I was closed in a bottle!!
Everyone, please take a long hard look at that picture, and remember these postings....run, run far, far away from him!!
He can be very charming, and tell you what you want to hear, but all the while he's looking for the right place to stick the knife in, so be careful!!
Posted By: SANPEDRO4ME

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 02/18/12 06:12 PM

New to the forum but I had come across much older posts to this topic for years previous. Anyone know why those posts are not part of the "history" of this topic?

I bought a "timeshare" in Jan. 2009.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: jmont

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 02/18/12 09:50 PM

Hi everyone
After much back and forth with Anna at Reef Village, we have managed to book this year in May. Although RV is charging for things that they didn't before, such as golf cart for the 2 nd week, maintanice fee for the 2nd week, etc. It will be interesting to see what happens....
Jim

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 07/20/12 11:20 PM

Jeff Peirce,

I apologize for calling Jeff Peirce a thief or for having my words interpreted to mean that he is a thief and for any embarrassment or hurt it may have caused you.

sunandsand
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 07/20/12 11:33 PM

Did Peirce threaten you with a lawsuit?
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 07/21/12 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by iluvbelize
Did Peirce threaten you with a lawsuit?

That was my first thought when I read that.......sunandsand usually stands her ground.
Posted By: stevevan

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/25/13 03:18 AM

is this thread still active?
I own a timeshare at reef and would like to know about any legal action thats being done.
Posted By: Nobody You Know

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 01/25/13 08:00 PM

It is now...
Posted By: Bound4Belize

Nebies to Belize - 01/26/13 12:59 AM

Hello Belize!

Just signed up! We are planning on moving there in October thru March/April We are looking for places to rent, If there is anyone that may have some info on rent and just in general that would be great!
My husband has stage 4 lung cancer. We picked Belize becuz of it laid back life style we want to go to a beautiful place and enjoy life like never before! If you can hwelp us in our journey it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Kim & Gar
Posted By: robvee

Re: Nebies to Belize - 01/26/13 02:03 AM

Id highly recommend Keith at [email protected] He's great and came highly recommended by others to me

Re: Nebies to Belize - 01/26/13 07:24 PM

Here's a link to B-Lease management properties. Keith lives near us and is a good guy:

http://sundancerproperties.com/rental-listings/b-lease-rental-properties/
Posted By: beachbumin

Re: Nebies to Belize - 01/26/13 07:32 PM

Keith is excellent and has been on the island for many years. Good guy.
Posted By: Justthefacts

Re: Reef Village Time Share Owners - 06/21/13 07:39 PM

Last we were there Jan/Feb 2013 there'd been no further progress on the timeshare building. Any timeshare owners out there who have been there since?

I asked the front office for a list of timeshare owners and was told that privacy policy wouldn't allow it.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board