AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris

Posted By: Art15

Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:01 PM

We are coming soon to Ambergris Caye and wondered if there is a local "must try" mixed drink. For example, when we visited Roatan, it was the "Monkey La La".

Thanks!
Posted By: Hon

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:03 PM

Panty Ripper smile
Posted By: papashine

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:08 PM

Acording to Choo Choo its called the blue ting, or thing....
Posted By: GRINGO JOE

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:30 PM

Panty Rippa
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:30 PM

Sadly, after a couple of times bringing down Premium Whisky for my dive guys and seeing it mixed, I 'd have to say that "Fanta and anything" would qualify!

For me Coconut Rum and Cranberry if the perfect toes in the sand beverage as a change from Belikin...
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:36 PM

Not sure if they make them on AC, but out in Belmopan they make a drink called a Screaming Orgasm (kinda embarrassing to order) -----
one ounce each of: Baileys, Tia Maria, Vodka, with a little splash of cream.
OMG ....... wickedly tasty - honoring the 2-drink limit is highly recommended.
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:44 PM

One of our favorite signature drinks can be found at Ramon's Village. The "Purple Parrot" it is a blended dream.....Even though I do like Diane's drink as a close second.
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 05:54 PM

I would say Panty Rippa.... coconut rum, pineapple juice and a splash of either grenadine, cherry juice, or red fanta.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/16/12 06:56 PM

Definately the Panty Rippa is number 1 (Roadkill makes an excellent one!). #2 would be Rum Punch.
Posted By: bwman0220

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 07:19 AM

When we arrived Belize for our wedding we were welcomed with Jungle Juice. It was yummy! We did not visit the island though so I am not sure if drinks vary.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 09:49 AM

Panty Ripper, is definetly the 'signature' drink. But you can also get a Dirty Banana . . . woohoo . . . ice cream headache and a buzz coming on!
Posted By: Art15

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 04:27 PM

Thanks all. With so many delicious choices, I sure hope I have time to get my scuba diving in!
Posted By: JZB

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 04:47 PM

Don't forget to try a Michelada (sp?). Its like a bloody mary with beer.
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 05:18 PM

Oh Yes Seashell I forgot....The Dirty Banana is an excellent drink. After having dinner in town we'll stop at the Pink Squirrel at Mata Rocks and get one before bed (around 9p).....My husband's favorite....he considers it dessert.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Is there a "signature mixed drink" on Ambergris - 01/17/12 08:59 PM

Papashine,

I have no clear memory, only hazy recollections of a blue type drink.

I do however have a very clear memory of the mandate some years back of two allowed per year from She Who Must Be Obeyed after some alleged "curious behavioral issues" involving the afore mentioned potable.

For those of you who may have had the joy(?) of sharing a few of these beauties with me, but for obvious reasons cannot recall what was in it:

Equal parts 100 proof Russian vodka and 100 proof Blue Sapphire gin, and a teaspoon of Blue Curacao. Oh yeah, ice.

After three you would suddenly be ten foot tall, bulletproof, and most importantly, the smartest SOB in the world.

Charlene at BC's said many times that she had provided one of these little rascals to vistors from all over the world. But no one EVER asked for a second. Curious
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board