AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ltaylor4 fishing guides - 07/14/00 03:41 AM
We plan to do some different types of fishing while at AC. How far in advance do you recommend arranging for a guide or is it sufficient to just line one up after we get there? What is the best/most fun type of fishing to do as far as catching alot and not needing a great amount of skill/experience? I appreciate any suggestions.
Posted By: Marty Re: fishing guides - 07/14/00 02:56 PM
Can't hurt to email ahead, lots of guides based at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/fishing/

you have your shallower water fishing, tarpon, bonefish, permit. The deep water stuff is good too, but the site casting in the shallow water is what a lot of folks are doing these days..
Posted By: margarita Re: fishing guides - 07/14/00 03:20 PM
My favorite type of fishing is snapper fishing on the reef, I love eating snapper too! Our guide Mr Luz Guerrero docks his boat at the Holiday House Hotel. He does a great shore lunch where he cooks the fish you catch in the Am for lunch on the beach at the north end of Ambergris Caye.
Depending on the time of year you go different fish may be more plentiful.
How much you want to spend could limit the type of fishing you do as well.
Belize it!
Posted By: Art from Louisiana Re: fishing guides - 07/18/00 09:51 PM
Just got back from AC fished 6 days with George Bradley. We flyfished for bonefish and tarpon and permit. Caught about 10 bonefish a day, finally caught one tarpon. Flyfishing is fairly hard due to the wind and spookiness of the fish. Everyone that I talked to that went fishing reef or flats caught fish. There are 3 Bradley Brothers that guide fishing, 2 flyfishing and one spinning. All are excellent guides and are very knowledgable and friently and helpful. The Bradleys work out of Victoria House or can be booked independently.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board