AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rex marijuana laws - 09/04/00 03:15 PM
I've read several trip reports where people are offered marijuana by the locals. Is Marijuana legal in Belize?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: marijuana laws - 09/04/00 03:20 PM
nope, but it is there if you want it. my understanding is it washes up on the beach and the locals find it. i personally was not approached by anyone. as always,be careful.
Posted By: Marty Re: marijuana laws - 09/04/00 04:48 PM
I usually get quietly and very discreetly asked a couple times if I am interested, i always politely say no thanks and thats the end of it.

Maybe I look like someone who would be interested, I don't know!
:>
Posted By: Anonymous Re: marijuana laws - 09/04/00 05:06 PM
but i know many stoners here in the states and they are all upright, taxpaying, educated, professional, well groomed citizens. some in law enforcement! marty, is that what you look like? not what i pictured!
Posted By: Debbie Re: marijuana laws - 09/05/00 04:44 PM
Hi!
At the time we were there, my husband was sporting a pony tail. (Middle Aged Crazies - It has since been cut off) I guess because of this, he was approached quite often. But like others have said, it is discreet, and all you have to do is say no. The Rastas, off course, believe it to all be perfectly natural, and even offered some to my 15 year old. He was a little freaked out, but when he said no, they shook hands and said ,"that's cool". He ran into them a few other times and they never asked again. They respected his choice. Didn't seem to be a big problem.
Posted By: Marty Re: marijuana laws - 09/05/00 10:15 PM
my picture is at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/aim.html

do i look like a stoner?
Posted By: Chloe Re: marijuana laws - 09/05/00 10:31 PM
Marty is handsome and so is his family, and helpers.
Sandshaker has a really good picture of you.
No joke, have her email it to you for your approval.
Posted By: STOCKTRADER Re: marijuana laws - 09/05/00 11:01 PM
On my last trip to AC I was approched on two occasions with the offer of the green weed and white powder.
One time was on the beach in front of my hotel and the next day in town. It was the same fellow making the offer but I guess he was under the infulence and everyone must look the same (not really). I am sure the police know who this cat is making the offers, the place is just too small. I guess there is something for everyone in paradise.
Posted By: stevenalice Re: marijuana laws - 09/06/00 07:50 PM
Marty,
You all look handsome, but you didn't name the handsomest one in your photo: your Boxer! Who is that masked dog and does he/she like Belikin too?

-alice
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board