AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: linda narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 01:51 PM
I've been reading some of the other messages and I see some of the hotels might not have beaches or you cant really get into the water. I was looking at the Sunbreeze, Mayan Princess or the Princess Villas. We like to hang around the beach during the day or snorkel but like to go out at night so I'm thinking north part of island would probably not be a good idea. I would like a ocean view room if possible.
Posted By: Chloe Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 02:41 PM
Sunbreeze, has loungers on the beach, and if you want to walk into the water, just stroll a few paces to the south by Ramons and walk into the water, of course if it is Sunday, you will not make it, you will stop at BC's BBQ, and not make it to the water. That's ok too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 03:26 PM
again, its a matter of what you want. lots of people like the sunbreeze. understand everything in town is close, RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. the beaches on AC are all public. chloe, are there other folks bustling around the beach there like they do in front of canibals or estel's? i liked the amazing privacy thing of the north where i was, though i know you loved sunbreeze too. do you ever hear the planes from the airport there? ps - you can always go into town for breakfast on the 9am water taxi like i did.
Posted By: bigzeke Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 03:46 PM
Just got back from Ramon's last week and could not have been happier with the room or restaurant. The whole place is immaculate. Plus the snorkeling on the end of their pier ain't have bad either!
Posted By: Marty Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 04:53 PM
Caribbean Villas, Coral Bay, Banyan Bay, Tropica, Ramons, Mayan Princess, Rubys, Lilys, Sunbreeze, Palms, BzReef, Seven Seas, lotsa places have nice beaches right out front....

then most all the places up north have nice beaches...

Mata Chica, Journeys End, Green Parrot, Capricorn, White Sands Cove, lotsa places...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 09-02-2000).]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/02/00 06:50 PM
thanks on the info marty, like to think i know more than i do! i hear victoria house is nice too. mata chica was just a little too far north for me (and pricey)and had no pool. i heard capricorn was really nice, sorry i didnt get there for dinner. f was a stick in the mud on that one. he also wanted a dive shop on premesis, i wanted a pool and a beautiful beach.thus, thats how i wound up at JE. oh, and they organized a volleyball game just for me!
Posted By: susanhope Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/03/00 03:07 AM
We stayed at the SunBreeze for 9 days in April and loved the location. Our room was spacious and clean (but not up to American standards in other areas..like the quality and number of towels, etc...not complaining, just reporting here). I checked out rooms at the Mayan Princess..and I actually liked them better because of the kitchen facilities and especially because of the balconies overlooking the water. However, because we were traveling with our two children, a swimming pool was essential; hence, our choice of the SunBreeze. You will be happy in either location. Belize is a great place!
Posted By: Chloe Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/03/00 04:14 AM
AT the Sunbreeze, just ask for more towels, they will be happy to comply. Also I would ask to rent a coffee pot and small refrigerator the next time I visit. They do have them for rent.
Posted By: Chloe Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/03/00 07:36 PM
The beach area at Sunbreeze is wide enough for the loungers to be back away from the people strolling the beach. The airport sounds are not a problem, because the planes only fly during daylight hours. Once in awhile I could hear a plane, when outside, and I just thought another plane full of happy visitors.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: narrowing hotel choices - 09/03/00 08:31 PM
i know beerbudget enjoyed her stay at sunbreeze also.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board