AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Carrying food & alcohol?

Posted By: Chloe

Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 02:47 PM

This is a real question, why do people feel the need to carry food and alcohol with them on a vacation?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 03:14 PM

They're going off into the unknown and it's a security blanket for them.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 03:18 PM

the food and alcohol ther worked okay for us!
Posted By: Belize Mama

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 06:11 PM

If you have never been to a third world country before, you have this picture of poor starving people with nothing. Once they have visited, they see what it is really like. They just want to make sure they have "the essentials" for their happy vacation. After one visit, they realize it is really pretty civilized after all.
My daughter lives in Italy (Tuscany to be exact). She has me send her things like peanut butter, Kool-aid, brown sugar, beef jerky, and (now don't laugh TOO hard) Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (in the blue box)...lol. My grandson missed that a lot at first. Now he hardly eats it anymore. There are just certain things that you can't get there. If you grew up here and are used to them, it is a big deal. I had a rather odd image of Italy before I went there myself. As far as Belize goes, I can't remember what I expected on my first visit but whatever it was, I fell in love with the place and the people.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 06:41 PM

i can almost always make due with local food, but i travel without my family. if i had the kids would choose a condo, maybe bring that mac n cheese (my son's favorite too). but i do bring my own medicines for any possible ailment as they are expensive there. i was the savior at JE when a friend got the flu (tylenol & advil, plus had sinus stuff), pepto & immodium, neosporen & bandaids for cuts and fin blisters, not to mention the bug bite stuff. used every one! f always laughs at my packing but he's always happy i have our conveniences.

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/02/00 06:56 PM

Belize Mama, I understand those care packages, we use to ask for things from Chicago when moved to S. Texas. Now we have everything. Send them the Kraft Velveeta shells and cheese, my grandson turned me onto them. You know we southern people use velveeta on everything. LOL

Re: Carrying food & alcohol? - 09/03/00 04:17 AM

Jesse, you are so right, I never gave that a thought, (security in the unknown). Thanks
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board