AmbergrisCaye.com Home

moving to ambergris caye

Posted By: eyeluvbelize

moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 12:52 AM

Hello new to forum i would like info on moving to ambergris caye.Im a business person looking to move to ambergris caye im kinda wealthy and would like to know where do the wealthiest people live on ambergris caye not trying to sound stuck up please dont take it like that people. I just want to live where say the barry bowens of ambergris caye live in the best and safest area please help.Hope i dont sound stuck up im not i had a checkerd past and rose above that and became very successfull....thanx for ur help
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:04 AM

Before all the local Real Estate "agents" get their hands on you spend some of that wealth on an English grammar course.
Posted By: mawags

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:06 AM

LOL! I'm Speechless!

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:36 AM

First of all dick head i was typing fast because being that im wealthy i dont have time to spell check and re-read as i have more pressing things to worry about besides grammar. I DIDNT GO TO HARVARD BUT I BET I CAN BUY UR ASS 1000 times over and besides the bank never tells me to spell check when i close on a multimillion dollar loan.BY THE WAY WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOUR BANK BEGGED YOU TO TAKE THEIR MONEY IN THIS ECONEMY DICK HEAD.......... i didnt spend alot of time on grammer in school but i damn sure know my math

Posted By: bywarren

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:50 AM

[quote=leaviny4good] i didnt spend alot of time on grammer in school but i damn sure know my math"

Then the math on "how to become a millionaire in Belize" will be helpful to you. laugh

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:58 AM

I dont wanna become a millionare in belize im already quite alright i just want something to do besides laying around, but beleive me with enough ambition and capital it could be done.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by leaviny4good
with enough ambition and capital it could be done.

You have a very good chance of becoming a millionaire in Belize, that is if you really do have enough capital.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:11 AM

It seems like the people that responed are either just getting by on their their little savings and resent people with a little money or just didnt get what i was asking Its Just like someone asking where are the not so safe places to live so they dont move there whats wrong with asking where do the weathy people live should have been studying your math skills instead of your grammar skills my doctor asks me investment tips and he went to school for 12 years...You probably can spell better than the prime minister but your still an assshole trying to live in his country

PEOPLE LOVE TO JUDGE BUT NEVER KNOW WHO THEIR JUDGING THE INTERNET MAKES PEOPLE REAL BRAVE????

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:21 AM

I hope that response was not meant for me, because I kind of resent wealthy people looking down on those of us trying to get by on social security. mad

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:26 AM

The only way to judge someone on BBSs is by what and how they write.

Frankly very few of us (absent realtors) give a rat's behind how much money you have but it's quite obviously very important to you.

The "joke" of making a million in Belize goes something like this:
"How can you leave Belize with a million dollars?"
"Come with two."

There are a few neighborhoods on Ambergris where you won't feel quite as welcome as others. You wouldn't want to live there anyway so it's a moot point. You'll spend your money on a nice place and it will, most likely, be in a nice area.

The only way to know what's right for you is to come visit and walk around.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:30 AM

I would suggest he consult with John McAfee on where to live and be safe. Millionaires sometimes can relate better to other millionaires than to the rest of us. grin

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:31 AM

I heard John's not at home at the moment... Something about not feeling safe. wink

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:32 AM

No thats wasnt for you that was for tha asshole talking about my spelling. I dont look down on anyone i grew up in public housing and have a criminal record but i got my life together and became wealthy. I dont like people looking down on other people because they didnt receive the best education...im sorry if you thought i was talk to you we all have the same thing in common we wanna live in a beautiful country stress free...believe me i dont judge my father died without a dime and i would give every dime to get him back

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:40 AM

I heard about john and im not that kind of millionare that needs 10 bodyguards thats a nut case millionare im a regular guy people just took what i was asking out of context.. if i asked where was the ghetto i dont wanna live there it woulda been different people amaze me...All i did was stay debt free no car payments no mortgage and made smart investments what did i do wrong people...
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:46 AM

Got my popcorn and candy - continue the show please wink
Posted By: SimonB

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:50 AM

I think that you will find that most people around here find flaunting ones wealth unseemly. If you had phrased your question in a more subtle way without continually pointing out the fact that you have money you would likely received more positive responses. At this point you've been labelled as a troll and the likelihood of receiving any constructive advice has gone out the window.

A wise man once said "People that protest that they don't have money usually do. Logically the inverse is likely true..."

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:55 AM

I guess u didnt read my beginning post where did i say i care about money all i was asking was where do the wealthy people live hows that different than goin to say LA and asking where do the movie stars live so i dont move to compton. I wasnt trying to sound snobby at all i dont come from money and i dont look down on people who dont have any.. i say thank u sir or mam to my waiter or waitress how many of u do
that...Dont judge

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:03 AM

I think thats the problem wealthy people talk about money other people dont thats why theres only 1% in the U.S. its nothing wrong with saying your wealthy...Read any book on wealth and the number one thing they all say is talk about money and you learn money its not rude to say ur wealthy unless ur talking to people who have no hopes and dreams sorry that i ran into a bunch of people with no hopes and dreams.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by leaviny4good
im kinda wealthy and would like to know where do the wealthiest people live on ambergris caye

You're right, I'm wrong...

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:05 AM

Who wrote "Don't judge"?

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:09 AM

OK, my only advice to him in an non-sarcastic way, is - There is no "Miami Beach, Malibu, or East Hampton" on Ambergris Caye.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:10 AM

It's not "not rude to say ur wealthy" it just tells everyone that you watch too many music videos.
Posted By: Gela

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:15 AM

Perhaps he should contact Leonardo DiCaprio and try to invest in his new eco-resort? That is, if he's wealthy...
Posted By: BZ4me

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by SnoopysMom
Got my popcorn and candy - continue the show please wink

Me too, I got some jelly beans, want some? :-)

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:20 AM

Its not braging all i said was im wealthy...what did u want me to say im retiring and i want to live like a millionaire in belize because i cant live like one in the U.S. im sorry i have money maybe i should cut my children out of the will and give it all to you idiots.....Not a good idea you probably wouldnt know what to do with it and would turn 5 million u.s into 1 million bz

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:22 AM

Nah looked into buying an island already to expensive to build..what about you heard he has a few restaurants and is looking for investors

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:24 AM

Hmm, I guess you're having second thoughts about coming now what with all these idiots around...
Posted By: spl

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:25 AM

leaviny4good, let it go. most people in who move to Belize can barely live paycheck to paycheck so those that put you down just envy your status. Perhaps just asking for where the "safest and most upscale area" would have said it best but even then you would have been attacked on this board where most people on it couldn't even afford to move down if they were brave enough to. That said, there's a lot of nice folks on here too with loads of knowledge, just don't let them other half get to you.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by bywarren
OK, my only advice to him in an non-sarcastic way, is - There is no "Miami Beach, Malibu, or East Hampton" on Ambergris Caye.

Whoops, wait a minute [or maybe longer], there might be a South Beach.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:26 AM

I dont watch music videos or T.V period im to damn busy watching my accountants......take that
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:29 AM

Most people that have a few dollars tucked away in the bank live on the east coast beach of Ambergris Caye. Whether they live in town or north or south of town has to do with how often they like to come to town to wine and dine or work and if they prefer privacy etc. you can buy a decent house starting at around $750K US up to around $2.5M.

Some folks choose to live in condos.

If you do choose to spend some of your wealth send me a note and I will help you find some decent real estate opportunities.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:29 AM

No not at all i turn idiots into followers.... i love people who dont like talking about money more for me and my great great great grandkids

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:40 AM

You obviously don't get this place. I may or may not have 10+ million but you would never know. Only the uncouth here flaunt their wealth. I have friends who live on a few hundred a week and I have friends that are multi-millionaires. With the exception of a few nobody cares who you are. If you're looking for a gated community for the rich you won't find one (actually you will but no one lives there).

On that note I'm off to read "The Billy Goats Gruff".

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 03:43 AM

SPL...your right and i admit i should have worded it different but i didnt think that i would be attacked the only reason i kept mentioning wealth was to get these idiots angry about not being smart enough to have more money than a dumb highschool drop out ex felon...it back fired because now im defending having money ut right ima let it go thanx....SPL

SHOWS OVER PEOPLE GOTTA GET UP EARLY BY THE WAY IM GOIN TO BE MAKIN MONEY WHILE IM SLEEP
Posted By: armandogonzalez

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 04:03 AM

take it easy byron lol
Posted By: seashell

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 06:39 AM

leaviny4good: Have you ever been to Belize before? If not, then probably best for you to come down for a vacation first, to check out the properties and the different areas of the country. You could stay for a while on Cayo Espanto, just until you are relaxed, and then move to the Phoenix on Ambergris Caye to connect with the island realtors and get a feel for San Pedro town and Ambergris Caye. Then fly to another part of Belize, perhaps stay at Kanantik for a bit to get to know the Dangriga area and on to Placencia, where you could stay at the Turtle Inn. By then, you'd most likely have a pretty good idea of where you'd like to live.

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:29 PM

SHOWS OVER PEOPLE GOTTA GET UP EARLY BY THE WAY IM GOIN TO BE MAKIN MONEY WHILE IM SLEEP [/quote]

Looks like we all could learn something from this guy. I have girlfriends in different time zones, and it ends up costing me money while I sleep. smirk
Posted By: clover

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gela
Perhaps he should contact Leonardo DiCaprio and try to invest in his new eco-resort? That is, if he's wealthy...

http://www.luxurylivingint.com/blog...ns-with-four-seasons-at-blackadore-caye/

Posted By: carbunkletrumpet

Re: moving to ambergris caye - 05/30/12 02:31 PM

I do enjoy reading last night's activity on the message board the following morning. Maybe this guy will be the one who gets that Monorail project going.... grin grin grin
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board