AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Diving and Snorkeling

Posted By: Chloe

Diving and Snorkeling - 09/08/00 09:55 PM

To all of you that live on Ambergris, how often do you actually go for a dive or snorkel? Husband tells me it will get old after awhile, and one will not go often.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/09/00 04:34 AM

Well I have to admit that I have not gone diving for a couple of weeks, I have been busy, but for an example , last year I did 70 plus dives and it is not getting old yet.
There is enough to see within a 2 ft square to keep me busy for an hour. I do not think I will ever get tired of it.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 03:37 AM

Now thats the way to dive, Papashine, slow and studiously. Most "tourist" divemasters try and get in as much as possible. It takes time to absorb down there. I snorkelled once in Belize the last time, off the dock of Carribean Villa. I was busy with Laguana Punta. I do now regret that I didn't find the time/money for a couple of other dives. Are ya certified Chloe?, that is, in scuba?, not coo-coo.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 06:46 AM

Bill, presently I only snorkel, and love floating and watching all those beautiful fish,the nurse sharks, and rays are a really great spiritual experience.
I am working on getting the courage to take
my scuba lessons here at home, before my next trip to Ambergris. My heart pounds just thinking about the lessons.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 07:10 PM

Hey Chloe: Larry Parker is a really good dive instructor in AC. He's been there for a LONG time and is originally from Louisiana. He gives some "baby step" lessons at the Hideaway Hotel pool, then to da big water. Here's a question: Is the experience as spirital for the Nurse Shark, as it is for ya? Think bout it.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 08:05 PM

Good question Bill. I do not know how spiritual it is for the Nurse Shark, they could have stayed away, but did not, so they were at least interested.
Thanks for the tip on scuba lessons with Larry Parker, I'll keep his name.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 08:20 PM

Bill T.: Nurse shark spirituality might be a good topic for a research project. Write something up and go for a grant.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 08:26 PM

Give me a clue to the location of the Hideaway Hotel. Thanks

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 08:30 PM

The Hideaway is across the road from the Yacht Clubs big convention center building.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 09:48 PM

<font face ="Impact" color ="990033" size ="4"> Thank you Jesse </font>

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/10/00 11:32 PM

<font face ="Impact" color ="990033" size ="24"> You're welcome! </font>
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 06:34 AM

OK Jesse....I thought you said it was just us three...you me and the Budd man.
Who is Papashine???...LOL
Fess up Papa....where ever you are! [Linked Image]
Posted By: Barefoot Skinny

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 08:48 AM

Hmmm. Piasano has been sneakin' around my puter sometimes after the interviews... Papasano??

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 02:08 PM

Papashine is a good friend, long-time resident of Ambergris Caye, who has excellent advice. Hint: He's a Canadian...

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 02:24 PM

Canadian?.....hmmmm......well, there are a few, but my guess would be one northern dwelling restaurant man?...Did I guess right?

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 02:26 PM

Well now I see his info says aircraft engineer.......grrrrrr......LOL Don't keep me guessing guys!
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 03:31 PM

Chloe;
SWMBO did her open water certification in AC January of 1999. Since then she has dove 40+ times all in AC. She is definitely NOT getting tired of it, and I have the bills to prove it! We even have tanks here at "Tara" so that she can practice whatever it is you practice in our pool. In spite of her ADVANCED age she has been very active (kickboxing, rollerblading, English dressage) and absolutely loves the scuba thing. I could care less about going under that water and it bothers her not. This is a great deal...she loves to go AC and dive and I get to do point blank NOTHING if I wish. PERFECT!

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 05:47 PM

<font face="Impact color="990033"size="4">Sounds like we have a mystery here...Who dat Papashine? Its not Paisano, he claims he is from Palestine.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/11/00 06:55 PM

Papashine, has been on the board for along time, he just answers serious questions, with good information. He does not waste words like the rest of us. I remember him back several months ago, he's good with airport questions.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 05:33 AM

Choochoo thanks for the supportive words, I am working on my courage to take the courses.
If I can get started, then I know I will run with it, and totally get involved underwater.

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 01:21 PM

ouh! ouh! Does Papashine fly Candian Bombadiers?

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 02:31 PM

Unfortunately no... but Belican Pete could sure use a Bombardier Engineer!

[This message has been edited by Jesse (edited 09-12-2000).]
Posted By: Sandcrab

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 02:38 PM

Jesse, those Canadians seem to gravitate toward you. I wonder, what is the attraction? Eh?

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 03:49 PM

<font face="Impact" color="990033" size="14">IT'S A BLESSING!
</font> The whole truth...

Had to do it Jesse, just had to.

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 09-12-2000).]

Re: Diving and Snorkeling - 09/12/00 06:45 PM

Papashine, is sitting back smiling.

Jesse, is Curse, interchangable with Blessing?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board