AmbergrisCaye.com Home

tattoos again, and again

Posted By: chicke

tattoos again, and again - 09/11/00 04:18 AM

Hey Steller, the hubby and I have tossen the idea of opening a tattoo shop in AC. We were 7 months late in Cozumel and 2 years too late for Playa del Carman. We want to claim the skin of AC.LOL
Will ya look around and check the ink vibe for me? Many thanks.

PS Iwas born in Houma. OPPs

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 09-10-2000).]
Posted By: amylime77

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/12/00 03:49 AM

hey there. im replying to your post @ starting a tattoo parlor on a.c. and wanted to know if you would like some help running the place. ive been running a hair salon in berkeley,california for the past 4 years so im really experienced at phones, scheduling appointments, personnel, payroll, etc. i also have tattoos and love them. i was recently in san pedro and everywhere i went all i heard was "hey,tattoo girl!" and i got endless compliments on my ink. please feel free to email me back w/ any info you want to share. Good luck to you!!!
Posted By: amylime77

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/12/00 07:54 PM

i sent you a message yesterday but forgot to enter my email address: [email protected]
hope to hear from you soon.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/16/00 04:24 AM

GREAT!!!! I would love to chat with ya. Iam in a wedding Sat. so my time online is zero. I get with you nxt. wk.
Posted By: SStellar72

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/17/00 10:22 PM

Hi Chicke,
We will definately cheak out the tatoo 'vibe' for ya in AC. Two and a half weeks to go! Yay! I was very interested in getting another one while down there but I have already surmised that there are no shops in AC. Probably better for me 'cause I refuse to trust my skin to just anyone. But the thrill of the moment is tempting. Which could be good for you. I live in a very touristy area (New Orleans, French Quarter) and I swear, half of the shops down here rely on tourism. Seems like the same game plan could work on AC. By the way, where do you live? Where does your husband work? All of my tats are from different locals in the country and I am always interested in traveling to get new ink.
SStellar
Posted By: ERLISS

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/17/00 11:04 PM

I have a lot of tattoo experience and have several friends in the business, as owners. I will be in AC on Oct. 6-11, and am always interested in tatts from other areas/diff. srtists. I wll try to dig up some info for you, while there. I will also hopefully be moving to AC, in May of 2001. So, if ya need any part-time piercers? Hahaha!! I think opening a tatt shop would be a great idea!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/18/00 04:41 AM

Hey a ink freaks!! Quik bio. Born raised Gulfport, MS have been in Chicago 11 years. Work at Jade Dragon tattooing past 5 years. Whew, blood type, LOL. We will be in AC in Nov. so go forth and snoop!! All feedback is so encouraging.

PS. was my suggestion for the W.C. Fields workable with the "Wart" OLOLOLOLOL

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 09-17-2000).]
Posted By: Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/18/00 05:26 PM

Chicke,
The W. C. Fields with the wart is a classic. I love it. It will look just perfect on Bill.......LOL
Posted By: SStellar72

Re: tattoos again, and again - 09/25/00 01:22 AM

Small world. I moved to NOLA from Chicago. I got my 1st tat at Jade Dragon like 7 yrs ago. I can't remember the name of the guy who did it though. See any good shows at Metro lately? Is Liars club still kickin'? I'll probably be in chicago next May, so I'll have to look you up. Well, I have to leave now to go up to MI, then we're heading directly to Belize. I can't wait!!!!
Sandy
Posted By: graham

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/13/00 11:57 AM

was in ac last year, both me and my girlfriend have full backpieces and were stopped all the time. No decent tattooists on the island, just cowboys with black ink!!!
You should make a killing.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/13/00 05:13 PM

We old ladies, still want Chicke, to carry those kiddy Temporary Tattoos, for us. LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/14/00 05:32 AM

Hey Steller! Last show I saw at Metro was Rev. Horton Heat and Hank Williams III. And yea Liars Club is still hanging in there.
We will be in N.O. Nov. 9 and 10 don't you tend bar there? We could stop by and have a drink I'll bring the Chicago Pizza!!

And Chloe I think a A.C. tattoo is really in order now. Hope all is well with you.

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 10-13-2000).]

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/14/00 06:12 AM

You make a real point, about a Tattoo on AC
now. Would serve as a good reminder.
Posted By: Suzan

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/14/00 04:13 PM

I think that in appreciation of all he has done this past month, everyone who reads this board should get a tattoo of Marty, whaddaya think???
Posted By: Daemyon

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/14/00 05:12 PM

Your idea about the tattoo parlour on A.C. is a good one...I had the very same idea about a year ago. However, before you get all head up about it, let me give you some pointers...
There are a few locals that do their version of 'tattooing', and it's marginally effective, if not necessarily 'high-tech'...the organization of a real establishment would be a great thing, especially with all the tourist trade. However, the powers that be would exact a steep price for such a place, (meaning-$$$$) as it would replace the local hacks. So, if you plan on doing it in San Pedro, bring lots of money!!! You know the local saying:"If you want to make a small fortune in Belize, bring a large fortune with you!"
Good luck!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/14/00 05:14 PM

HHMMMMMM I am thinking? Make mine a Temp. tho. Marty deserves a perm. butI am abit reserved. LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/15/00 02:46 AM

Daemyon thanks for the advice but after 6 years in the business and stocking up for the day we get our own shop, we are ready!

And about that Marty tattoo......
Someone scan a picture of His Honor and I'll get the hubby right on drawing up a tattoo worthy of his bigger than life image.LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/15/00 04:13 AM

Buenas suertes! I hope to be one of your first customers...
Posted By: LYNN

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/15/00 04:31 AM

I got my tattoo at the Jade Dragon last year!!!!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/15/00 07:39 PM

Chicke maybe you could employee some of the locals doing Tattoos, and introduce them to the Hi-Tech Tattoos. That might smooth your way, into business on San Pedro. Just a thought.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 05:44 AM

Way ahead of ya Chole, already go the names of 2 guys in town that do work out of their home. But I like your way of thinking, want a job as the floor walker! Grandmothers make great salespeople!!!!LOL
Still waiting for a picture of Martys mug!!!

Lynn who did your tattoo at Jade Dragon?

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 10-15-2000).]

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 02:57 PM

My horoscope, indicated this today.
What a career opportunity for me.
Exactly what are the fringe benefits? lol
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 05:39 PM

[Linked Image]

Chicke....sorry I misspelled your name on the caption...but I ain't goin' back and redoin it now....LOL
Posted By: orionhunter

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 05:45 PM

SEXYYYY....SS you are soooooo talented!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 05:59 PM

Can you all see Marty's halo???

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 06:28 PM

SS, Marty is going to take your Cap'n status away from you, with this showing of his picture. LOL LOL LOL
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 06:40 PM

Dat Marty wouldn't be smilin like that if he knew what dat Preacher was a thinkin. Well, maybe he would be. PS. Please give credits here. Thats my porch and in da background is my front yard. Doesn't need any mowering either.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/16/00 09:31 PM

LOL....he is gonna pay me back good....I know it's comin'.
That's all right...I don't care.
If I can weather Keith....I guess I can weather Marty's anger....LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 03:23 AM

Gimma the flesh and Marty will become the Mona Lisa of A.C., a great big full back piece would be great!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 04:04 AM

Chicke---this is beginning to sound kinky--I like it---"Gimme the flesh"
Posted By: bubbee

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 04:32 AM

BAD IDEA,THE REAL TATOO ARTISTS ARE IN POLYNESIA, SAMOANS TO BE EXACT, EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST MECHANIC SHOP , DRIVE IN , MOTORCYCLE MAVEN WANNABEES. BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO OPEN ONE UP FRONT FEES ARE ABOUT 30K.

JOSE

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 03:52 PM

Oh gee, I hate having to tell my poor hubby that after 7 years of being a tattooist and 1000's of other tattoos that he's really not a artist. Boy thats gonna really ruin his day but thank you soooooooo much for setting us straight.

Also no need to shout (ALL CAPS) I get your point.

And to Orion You just won a free Marty Mug full back piece for the best comeback. That full back piece is a waiten!!!!!!!!!!
[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 10-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 10-17-2000).]
Posted By: Suzan

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 05:06 PM

I volunteer to hold Orionhunter's hand -- and beverage of choice -- during the ordeal.
Posted By: Jill

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 05:11 PM

Chicke -

Way to zing one back at him...very nice style [Linked Image]

Judges: " A Perfect 10"

TickTock

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 07:53 PM

Thank you, Thank you, you love me,,you really do love me!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 07:58 PM

Chicke---could I have the full back mug put a little lower on my anatomy???? That way---when I said Kiss my A..---well---you get the picture right??? Oh God...another pun.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/17/00 08:08 PM

Marty, if you are out there,you're about to become a piece of history courtesy of Orions butt. LOL LOL
Mona Lisa eat your heart out..........

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 06:20 PM

Hey Chicke!!!just had a thought. Would it be possible to put Marty's mug on one cheek and the Mona Lisa on the other??? Then when I sqeezed my cheeks together it would look like they were kissing....of course I would be willing to pay for the Mona Lisa pic.
Posted By: Jill

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 06:34 PM

OMG...I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard at Orion!!!

Now, that was a good one [Linked Image]

Jill

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 06:40 PM

LMAO...she's not correct!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 06:43 PM

You Guys better watch it!
Our Marty has his finger on the purge button.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 07:24 PM

What do you mean I'm not correct SS ? Watch it--I'm about to have my butt imortalized. You are just green with envy.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 07:26 PM

Just a thought---but you could have Paisano in his Speedo done on one of your cheeks!!!---whadda ya think????? Endless possibilities here. Keep ol Chicke in business for sure.
Posted By: Sunkissed

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 07:41 PM

So instead of the Mona Lisa smile will that be called the SMarty-Ass Smile? Maybe it will become as famous! Hope you have a nice butt Orion....lol

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 07:58 PM

World Class--don't cha know!!! This is going to be so great all you guys are going to want to get copies ot it for wallpaper on your computers!!! I knew I would get my 15 minutes one way or another!!!LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 09:01 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!! You guys are classic......
The cheeks kissing is just too much. OR you could have a full length of Paisano in his speedo on one side and Marty on the other, and when you SQUEEZE on alternating cheeks they could dance to the punta music!!!
Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 09:10 PM

Chicke...when you decide to make it big in the world of tatoos and do a mural....let me know.

I got ass for days........LOL [Linked Image]

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 09:14 PM

Debbie and Sandshaker----well it's official---I just peed my pants. Talk about FOTFALMAO Mural--that's great!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 11:08 PM

Orion's going to fit in in San Pedro alittle to much! LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/18/00 11:23 PM

LOL..like I said....she ain't correct!

Just like the rest of us....LOL
Birds of a feather flock together! [Linked Image]

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/19/00 03:40 AM

What can I say, the hubby speachless with humility at the privilege to do Orions cheeks or he is speachless over the fact that I finally found people like myself with a sick sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!

A belly laugh and peed on pants, life is good!

Note to Chole, I could have made this sound so naughty but I behaved just for you!!LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 02:22 AM

Thanks for your consideration, for me.
Some have complained about being a (.) on this board, well actually I am the (Filter)
for Marty, so he does not have to watch all the time. LOL
"TATTOOS ARE US"

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 03:57 AM

Chloe you are the bomb!!!! My babysitter just informed me that is a complement, ahh the lingo of youth!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 04:43 PM

Good Lord! That term is older than dirt! YHour babysitter must be 35 or so...that means your son must be a very happy teenager!!! LOL

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 04:51 PM

What term Chicke???.....oops doorbelll...gotta go....the butt waxer is here!!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 05:01 PM

Chicke, I just made it up. I am so removed from the teenage scene. I live in such a quiet area, with seniors. But must admit granddaughters have small tattoos, and the shy one at a navel piercing. My first viewing of her navel babble was at Disneyworld, the bold granddaughter, jabbed my rib, and said, LOOK at that Gramma, wanting me to come unglued. I was Cool.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 08:29 PM

The term was "the Bomb" and to D. Iam the one in her 30's and the baby is a girl who is 16 months!!!
Orion you make sure that buttwaxer gets all that hair otherwise a bushhog may be in order!LOL
Chloe you would be amazed at the things people are getting pierced. If it protrueds, they pierce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 08:46 PM

Mom,
WAY TO GO GRANDMA!!!!
So you maintained your cool. I'm impressed. No body piercings or tatoos here. Just a toe ring. (My father had a stroke - I wasn't even allowed to wear halter tops or nail polish when I was a teen)
Have to say though, I did cringe a bit when I was applying platinum bleach to my 15 year old boys hair for the new "surfer look". He was shocked that I helped him. My Dad was shocked that I helped him........ I'm sure the earring is next on his list. He's heard through the grapevine that his dear old dad sported an fluer d'Lis earring in college, along with his pony tail and talked to gnomes while living in Alaska.... You figure it out...... [Linked Image] Ha!
Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 09:20 PM

Now hear this, the "Bomb" is speaking.
Two daughters now with those damn toe rings,
what am I to do. Remember from our BIO'S prior, I am a PK, therefore, I could not do anything that was fun except drive the car.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 09:55 PM

Mom,
Your Dim Wit daughter wants to know what a PK is...... Am I slow???
Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/20/00 10:24 PM

Preacher's Kid.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/21/00 05:29 AM

Debbie you are a sweet Mom for no freakin on the sons hair. Funny thing, the other tattooist at the shop have kids in their teens and they think WE are the freaks! No tattoos, no piercings, no nothing for them. Buttondowns and the Gap.ECKKKKKKKK!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/23/00 05:30 PM

Thanks Chicke!!! I was pretty proud of myself for not freaking. My son was in shock. So was I after I saw the platinum color glowing from his room!!! I bit my lip and reserved judgement until he asked. But he looks great in his wet suit with his board under his arm!!!! What a hunk! I done GOOD!!!! [Linked Image]

Mom, thanks for enlightening me..... that one never occured to me.... My mind was in the gutter on that one..... Guess I should have known..... At least I know why you try to reign in Sis and I. We love you for trying..... Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/23/00 08:34 PM

I did not tell you about the PK, because I wanted you girls to be free thinkers. ROFLMAO

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/23/00 08:37 PM

And to think I thought it stood for "Politicaly Kinky" Shame on me!!!!!!

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/23/00 10:01 PM

In Mom's case it would be "politely kinky".
[Linked Image]
Debbie

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/23/00 10:12 PM

Well said Deb.
I'm waiting around here, for your sis Tam to get those new pictures up.
Posted By: LYNN

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/24/00 01:35 AM

chicke,

I can't remember the guys name....I have a few to many drinks at that point. But I do remember that he had long blonde hair, tall, and very good looking. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Lynn

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/24/00 03:38 AM

Well that dam sure isnt my husband!!!!LOL
Tall, skinny and bald I claim that one.
Mark is your guy, he is in computer graphics now. What did ya get? He's a fantastic artist.Lucky you.

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/24/00 03:42 AM

HELP! Can we please use the other thread, "tattoo again and again and again" this one is tooo long, made me spill my drink!!!!!
Can this thread be closed? I just cant type and toast at the same time.

[This message has been edited by chicke (edited 10-23-2000).]
Posted By: Chelle

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/25/00 03:37 PM

Professional tattooing is illegal in the country of Belize. Sorry.
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: tattoos again, and again - 10/25/00 03:41 PM

Amateurs only????
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board