AmbergrisCaye.com Home

So many people with Roots from BiG MO!

Posted By: Marvel

So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/15/00 03:47 AM

A lot of people from Big MO on this board!
Born and raised in Kansas City,Missouri
Home of all that Jazz! My mom played and sang at the same place Jazz Place as "Bird" But I left in 1965. Any D.A.R.'s on board?
It is a Small World!! Orionhunter: Will answer you tomorrow.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/15/00 06:53 PM

Hey Marvel, I don't know if I can claim BIG MO, I can certainly claim S L O W M O.

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/16/00 03:55 PM

Bill:
Love SL. Spent many times visiting my Step fathers family when I was just a little snipper.

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/16/00 10:07 PM

I'd rather be in Belize.

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/17/00 12:24 AM

How Wouldn't be? Lucky you! It's 113 defrees here and the monsoons from Mexico have added a great deal of humidity! Yuck! No such thing as a dry desert any more! EnJoy yourself!
Posted By: SStellar72

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/17/00 10:01 PM

Well, my hubby is from KC and we are moving back there in 6 months. (Back for him, new to me). We visited a few months ago and I just fell in love with the place. It really is pretty and calm and homey, which is exactly what we are looking for. I honestly can't wait to move. KC will be such a nice change from New Orleans. Any advice on fun places to go?
Posted By: Debbie

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/18/00 05:02 PM

Bill,
Lived in St. Louis as a little girl..... Lived on Old Halls Ferry Road. Ring a bell? We lived at the top of "the hill". We could see the Arch being built from there, back then.... I'm dating myself now....Really just remember the snow. [Linked Image]
Debbie

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/18/00 07:22 PM

Talk about going back in time! They didn't have the Arc when I visited! But oh that snow!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/18/00 07:44 PM

Didn't have the Arch when I use to visit St Louis either. We just went shopping at the Famous Barr dept. store and the Zoo. High school days, 1956.

Re: So many people with Roots from BiG MO! - 09/19/00 08:04 AM

St Louis is not really much ta brag bout. We built da Arch ta memorialize those who were ambitious enough ta leave. I like ta think it is in the ordinary zone. UFO's just fly over. They don't even slow down anymore. Debbie: Don't feel so bad, I date myself, too.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board