AmbergrisCaye.com Home

orionhunter & Lan Sluder

Posted By: auschen

orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 01:12 PM

orionhunter: To play 20,000 Questions About Belize, consult Lan Sluder. I read your other posts and so many of your questions are wonderfully answered by Lan Sluder's "Best of The Carribean Coast" shareware guide.

Hopefully, Lan will see this post and leave a web address that you can click on and download the shareware document. It's over a hundred pages of lists and information that will really suite anyone, including vagabonds who hunt constellations. Let go my belt.

Seriously, contact Lan and follow the shareware guidelines in good faith. You will get so much great information regarding your questions and more. Give it a try!
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 01:31 PM

Here's Lan's site: http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

You can download it here.

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 02:02 PM

Like magical astrology involving mars and orion, poof! Lan Sluder's great website appears and thanks to Lan for making it.
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 02:06 PM

LOL ....nope....not magic....it's called Copy and Paste from my favorites!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Chloe

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 03:09 PM

Better yet, order his books, I did, and refer to them often. Belize First, and Belize Book of Lists 2000. Excellent!

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 03:31 PM

Better yet, order my books, someone did, and use them as coasters often. 'How To Manage The Guy That Manages The Volleyballs' and 'It Came From The Washing Machine'... Nail biters! Ouch!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 04:55 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

Shameless plug:

The long-awaited (I know, I know it's way late) Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize is within days of being mailed to subscribers. It's a double issue of 288 pages and all the latest poop on the mainland. More than 75 photos and maps and 100,000 words. It's also being sold as a book Amazon.com for US$14.95 and soon on our Web site. Next is the Guide to the Cayes and Coast.

My revision of Fodor's Guide to Belize & Guatemala comes out in November, and UpClose Central America probably in December.

Live Well in Belize, with a long chapter devoted to Ambergris Caye, will be out from Avalon (they do the Moon Handbook guides) in early 2001.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Posted By: Chloe

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 05:53 PM

Thanks Lan, for giving info on your new books. Looking forward to reading them, and keeping them for good references.

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 05:58 PM

Absolutely! Best reference and detailed information regarding Belize I have found. Thanks again!
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 06:00 PM

That Lan Sluder is tough competition. I've got this cassette, "Detours in Belize made Easy". I tells ya how I did it, and if ya do opposite, it should work well. Its sold through Paisano Publishing Limited.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 06:15 PM

Bill,
Speaking of "De Tours" were you in town last November when they were putting the pavers down by the Sunbreeze on Coconut Dr? If so you will remember the hand lettered sign "De Touring" vehicles across the airstrip. Lord that was fun! In the rain, for four days trying not to get hit by Tropic or Mayan Air. And some of you think maybe we really don't know how to have fun in San Pedro.
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 07:13 PM

De Finately!
Posted By: orionhunter

Re: orionhunter & Lan Sluder - 09/15/00 10:59 PM

AUSCHEN...the pain you will be feeling in your side will not be from a strained muscle...it will be an arrow from my mighty bow! Never mock the gods or the stars!!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board