AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Volunteers in Belize

Posted By: Mary1220

Volunteers in Belize - 12/30/12 08:14 PM

I know of several groups that have volunteers come to BZ but how do they do it? I feel sure they do not get special visas. When I use to get my passport stamped it states
"remitted to remain om the condition that the holder does not enter info employment paid or unpaid does not engage in any business or profession with out consent of the director of immigration and doe not remain any longer"----then the date

How do people get around this rule for volunteers?
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Volunteers in Belize - 12/30/12 08:20 PM

You need to get a volunteer work permit to volunteer legally. You might get away without but if you get caught...
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Volunteers in Belize - 12/30/12 09:25 PM

We brought many teams into Belize and before the teams arrived we got permission from the GOB ministry that they would be under. For teaching teams we worked with the ministry of education. For doctors and dentists we worked with the ministry of health. They would tell us where and what we could do with the teams.
Posted By: Mary1220

Re: Volunteers in Belize - 12/30/12 10:16 PM

Thanks dabunk, could you send me the names of your contacts I have some kids that want to do some volunteer work this summer. You can send me a PM
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Volunteers in Belize - 12/30/12 10:20 PM

We live in PG so it will be different ministers. Check with SP town council and they can let you know the appropriate ministers names.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Volunteers in Belize - 12/31/12 10:16 PM

Mary, what do you mean kids? I can think of a couple of places that use volunteers and have permission to do so.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board