AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Ok...Im cold !!

Posted By: Decompression

Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:28 AM

Have not worn sweatpants and a hoodie in a LONG time!

DC
Posted By: PSSunshinegal

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:54 AM

DC,

Please tell me that you are cold in Southern California and not cold in San Pedro because I am coming back next week to get warm. Now being cold in San Pedro is better than being cold here, but still I am looking forward to 80+ degree weather.

Janice
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 04:25 PM

long pants this morning - great sleeping weather - if you are out of the strong north breeze the sun is clear and will likely be hot.
my prediction for today - locals in hoodies, tourists in bikinis
Posted By: klcman

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 04:25 PM

"like"
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Diane Campbell

Yep! grin And expat-tweeners like me in shorts and t-shirts!
Posted By: Decompression

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
long pants this morning - great sleeping weather - if you are out of the strong north breeze the sun is clear and will likely be hot.

First time I've had to wear pants ! grin

DC
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:04 PM

Thank goodness January is finally here! We need an occasional cold spell to help us appreciate the hot spells.
Very strange to be shivering at 78 degrees - but that's how it is. I reminded my workmen the other day, when we had sprinkles on and off all day, that this was much nicer than working in the very hot sun!
I have one long-sleeved T for just such weather. This along with shorts and bare feet is still wonderful.
Posted By: Johnhenry

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:07 PM

With the lower temperature I am hoping that we get even more ( it is very good already) productivity from the guys building our new home!
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:33 PM

San Pedro better get its act together. I'm not coming down next month for 70-degree temperatures ---- 82-or-bust!

Posted By: gailtor

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:38 PM

Sure Otter.. whatever you say but I know you will be there with bells on. cool

PS it finally warmed up here too... only -18C today

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 06:46 PM

well, yeah, but, but but -- ah who am I kiddin? -- I'd be there if it were 60 out. Need my fix of BCs, Elvi's, Estelle's, Hurricane's and the Lazy Lizard.
Posted By: tortuga.chica

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 08:37 PM

I totally agree with you.
Posted By: champion

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/18/13 09:56 PM

It's 16 F here where I am! You wanna talk cold?

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 01:30 AM

almost 3x as warm as it is here, Champion laugh
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 03:05 AM

70s here laugh

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 02:52 PM

cold. my husband is wearing a hat in the house this morning.
Posted By: robvee

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 03:20 PM

Its 26f here in the foothills of N.C , im looking forward to coming to live on the Caye arriving Sat 2Feb No more splitting logs Yipppeeeee

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 03:38 PM

Just noted that Sydney Australia experienced its hottest day ever ...... 48.5 C.
That's a whopping 119.4 F. AYEEEEEE.
No more whining from moi - I'll take our 68F over that and gladly !!

Posted By: robvee

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 03:42 PM

And the Australian Open tennis tournament is being played . What a crazy world we live in

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 06:57 PM

AND I just gave up the idea of building a fireplace upstairs. Timing is everything.
Posted By: Tim Callanan

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 09:43 PM

I had my hat and thermals on, and a coat ;when I go out. After 25 plus years we sleep with heating pads last night . My days of shoveling snow are OVER smile , hopefully more Bostonians will follow are lead.
Posted By: BeBelize

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/19/13 11:06 PM

I used a blanket on the bed for the first time in a year and a half last night! And yoga at Ak'Bol in the palapa over the water was CHILLY this morning...
Posted By: Agavegirl

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/20/13 05:23 AM

Looking at -30 Wind Chills tomorrow in the great white north. Thankfully will be enjoying San Pedro's version of cold in less than a month.
Posted By: R.P. McMurphy

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/20/13 05:27 AM

I wish the cold temps were my only problem!
Posted By: champion

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/21/13 03:53 PM

Looks like the Temps are rising in ole San Pedro.
Posted By: dawg

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/21/13 06:21 PM

It's 0 degrees in Wisconsin. We are coming to San Pedro in 62 days so it can warm up then. Dawg
Posted By: dawg

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/22/13 06:22 PM

-6 degrees today in Wisconsin. BRRRRRR. Dawg
Posted By: Hoover

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 02:34 AM

Funny how a person's perspective changes even about something as basic as tolerance to weather. How long does it take a northern expat to get so accustomed to that kind of climate? I'm in the same boat as Otter, John and the Lady, and Iknow whatever is going on there will feel gooooood after being in the midwest deep freeze the last few weeks. Hope to see some of you at the chicken drop a week from Thursday.
Posted By: ragman

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 02:52 AM

I'm up North (near Boston) for the first time in the winter in two years because of a health problems and man I'm I cold. Predictions are of temps as low as 4 degrees for the next 3 days. I barely go outside as it is. It is so bad, I'm seriously thinking of going down to Florida and being treated there.

Hope to be out of this crap and back in San Pedro in a few weeks. 60 - 70 degrees looks awful good to me right now. wink Oh how I wish I was back. smile
Posted By: clover

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 03:21 AM

Come on down Jim, I'll buy you a drink, or two, or three.....

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Punta+Gorda+FL+33980:4:US

Oh yeah...the trout are in the harbor and the snook are tearin up lures not far from your place.

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 03:50 AM

I think I'm going down to join you. Few problems though. I'm drinking tea these days and can only walk a short distance. My place in Florida is rented for the winter so I can't even stay there. This winter has been nothing but screw Jim and keep him cold. wink

Best bet is to return to San Pedro ASAP. Even if I can only sit in a chair, soak up a little sun, blog and look out at the reef. smile
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 03:53 AM

What tha hell is going on Jim ?
Posted By: clover

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by ragman
I think I'm going down to join you. Few problems though. I'm drinking tea these days and can only walk a short distance. My place in Florida is rented for the winter so I can't even stay there. This winter has been nothing but screw Jim and keep him cold. wink

Best bet is to return to San Pedro ASAP. Even if I can only sit in a chair, soak up a little sun, blog and look out at the reef. smile

PG suites are right on the water in Punta gorda.....not very expensive.....they keep their pool at 86....hell I'll even wheel you around town if you need a push grin

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 05:53 AM

I'll send you a PM. GBS or Guillain–Barré syndrome

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/23/13 05:41 PM

Hey Jim
I sure have missed you driving by. I googled GBS and hope you have had the best of medical care. If you have to sit why not sit here? We could all sit up in my unfinished house here at Birdland and watch the beach and reef from one set of windows and the lagoon and mangroves from the other side.
Posted By: Nobody You Know

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/24/13 12:55 AM

Cold and wet...

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/24/13 08:21 PM

Jim, I have recurring bouts with transverse myelitis that they occassionally think may be Guillain–Barré. Pissing me off and they can't do anything about it so I feel for ya man.

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/24/13 08:34 PM

My mother suffered from G-B for quite some time. Do not wish that on anyone.....get well!

Re: Ok...Im cold !! - 01/25/13 12:32 AM

Thank you all for the well wishes. Harriette I have to wait here or at least somewhere in the USA until we are reasonably certain I won't have a serious relapse. The day I flew out by the time I got to Boston I could not walk so if I would have stayed a few more hours I might have required a med flight.

Would a doctor recognize the disease, it is kind of rare, I had never heard of it. It took a Neurologist at Mass Gen. Hospital and they were not reasonably sure until they did a spinal tap. The treatment for me may or may not be available in Belize if it kicked in full scale again. There is no cure, it cures itself or it doesn't. Usually it does, but no one knows how long it will take. 3 months - 6 months - longer ?

I’m looking forward to the warmth of the climate, my friends and the country of Belize but it will take a few more weeks before I dare. I will have to suffer in this god forsaken cold a little longer. It SUCKS!

Now if anyone reading this post could inform me if any of the Hospitals in Belize have a neurology department that would help with our decision. I will be making some inquiries soon myself. Again thank you all and I certainly miss the Island and everyone.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board