AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Hans Schuttenbeld coming in from Europe - 10/03/00 01:14 PM
Hai There

Can someone give us advise:

We are supposed to come to AC next saturday, we fly from Holland, leave on saturday and we will arrive at sunday in order to get married on 10-10-2000 in AC !!!!

What is wise, to cancel the trip or to go on. We spoke to the ticketoffice here in Holland, they don't cancel the flights, so there will be no refund of the tickets and all the arrangements of the wedding have been made, but we do not want to come if it is not wise to go. Is there an oficial office which declares the earia as not safe and gives a negative travelschedule or something?

I hope someone can give some wise advise. Thanks so much.

Greetings Dorien Korsten from the Netherlands
Posted By: Terry Re: coming in from Europe - 10/03/00 02:09 PM
I feel for the two of you and the people of Belize. I'm getting married in the States this Friday and our Honeymoon was supposed to be in AC starting October 8. I've been researching web sites, weather maps and have called our Embassy. The combination of my research and intuition are telling us to cancel, which is what we are going to do. There are just two many health and safety risks at this time, not to mention the stretched resources of the Belizian people who will be spending the distant future putting their lives and the island back together. I hope my input helps and I wish the two of you and the Belizian People the best of luck.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board