AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Belizejo Let's focus on what's important! - 10/03/00 10:13 PM
Lori - I feel really sorry for you and your shallow sensitivity.
This website is currently a vital source of communication between family, loved ones and friends. Why don't you go clutter up another website with your bitterness.
Posted By: JAYBZE Re: Let's focus on what's important! - 10/03/00 10:19 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you Belizejo.. I have been separated from my loved ones for 3 years. I have found this website my only source of hope and communication in finding out exactly what's going on in the island.. as I cannot trust the media we have here in the US to properly inform us of the situation.

I found that inspite of the fact the Ambergris Caye is currently facing a little struggle, many americans still expressed the desire to go there and spend their hard earned money on the island, thus helping to once again bring it to the ISLA BONITA we all know it to be.

It's sad to see that amidst all this joy of finding out that our loved ones are ok, we still find some of our fellow Belizeans who still have not been able to lift themselves up from the mud in which they are used to wallowing in. I know that there are very many tourists reading this website who will realize that the words they are uttering is merely that.. words, and do not express the feelings of MOST Belizeans, especially us San Pedranos.

We know very well that we would not be where we are today if it weren't for the tourists, and in particular, the Americans. I have worked in the tourism industry all my life as most Formans have and have grown to appreciate each and every tourist that arrives to our island.

According to the news I've been receiving from the island, it's damaged but repairable [Linked Image]. Not as bad as the media says it is and we will be back in business WELCOMING each and every American to our island before you know it.

[This message has been edited by JAYBZE (edited 10-03-2000).]
Posted By: Belize Mama Re: Let's focus on what's important! - 10/04/00 04:14 AM
Well said Jay! [Linked Image]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board