AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: JRinSC Are they any coffee shops with Wi-Fi in SP? - 05/21/13 01:32 AM
I know that there used to be a couple of "coffee shops" in SP where you could sit, watch people and check your email while having a cup or two. Are any of them still around? I haven't seen anyone mention them lately.
Estel's, not a "coffee shop" but they have good coffee, good food and WiFi. Next to the park...
Try Ambergris Brewing Company on Boco Del Rio drive across from wet willy's they have coffee and free wi-fi
Pirates Lantern bar/grill north of the bridge has both free wi-fi and free phone calls to the US.

Good suggestions all... thanks.
Free phone calls to the US?!? How does that work?
Posted By: Phil Re: Are they any coffee shops with Wi-Fi in SP? - 06/04/13 12:17 PM
Skype etc works
I'm moving to Belize in the fall and wondering if anyone knows the best VOIP for Android cell phones. Looking for free or low cast calls to the US and Canada via cell phone using the phone's 3g/4g data service or wifi. I'm thinking Skype or Magic Jack for home/computer telephone calls to US and Canada. It's the cell phone I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks for your help.
We use Vonage Mobile on Android.
A friend told me there is a magic jack app for phones.
Best kept secret for me is US T-mobile. Free calls anywhere from anywhere on wifi. I can even call Belize phone numbers from the US using wifi. I didn't try it, but I understand, that you can even use your US T-mobile phone in Belize to call international to other Belize phones. I did use it to call US numbers while in Belize. This is great for us part-timers.
Has anyone tried the magic jack app using wifi from there phone with data turned off? The only time I would need to call the USA is if we had some kind of emergency.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board