AmbergrisCaye.com Home

FOOD?

Posted By: DIVE4JOY

FOOD? - 10/18/00 07:38 AM

WE ARE COMING 11/1 STAYING AT PARADISE VILLA'S AND DIVING WITH GAZ. THE QUESTION'S ON MY MIND IS WILL WE HAVE SOME WHERE TO SHOP FOR FOOD OR WILL THIS BE A PB&J VACATION? WILL THERE BE ENOUGH WATER TO SHOWER ONCE A DAY OR RINSE GEAR? SHOULD WE BRING CANDLES OR IS THE POWER GOING TO BE ON?
I JUST NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN BE PREPAIRED WHEN WE GET THERE.
VARY WORRIED.
Sorry about all cap's. Darn buttons...LOL
Posted By: Debbie

Re: FOOD? - 10/18/00 03:25 PM

Look at the recent pictures up on the board. Looks to me that several places are already open for business and serving meals. The shipments of food must be back to normal. Haven't heard a word about the grocery stores, but I would imagine that they will be fully operational by the time you get there. The clean up and recovery looks like it's going at a remarkable pace by viewing these recent pictures. It's very encouraging. If grocery stores are quite up to snuff, do you have a fishing pole?? [Linked Image]
Debbie
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: FOOD? - 10/18/00 04:51 PM

Yes...there is food in the stores.
Cooking it is another matter unless you have a gas stove or are lucky enough to have power back now. Water is readily available.
Posted By: Suzan

Re: FOOD? - 10/18/00 05:55 PM

Sandshaker, I read that power is out for 90% of the island and they expect it to take 2 weeks to get everything back up and running. Do you think this is a good time estimate? (I know you're not the power guru but just in your opinion.) And can you tell us which restaurants/bars are currently open? We are still waiting to make a decision about a visit on 10/29. Thanks! (If someone has already posted this info, I apologize for asking but I can't recall seeing the list.)
Posted By: Sandshaker

Re: FOOD? - 10/18/00 06:53 PM

Well..that's probably pretty close.
They are working on Middle St today. Front St. has power...well, it's temporarily off so they can run new line on middle St.
Next will be Back St....then to parts south and north.

As far as restaurants.....I don't know of all of them..but I can tell you the ones I do know.

Duanes Surf & Turf
(at the Spindrift Hotel & next door to the Pier Lounge, which will open tomorrow at 9am.)

Celi's Deli on Front St.

Mickey's across from the 5-a-side court.

Papi's Diner..behind Seven Seas on the Middle St.

ummmmmm......LOL....not sure of anything else.
Posted By: orionhunter

Re: FOOD? - 10/18/00 07:20 PM

Ahhhhh---sounds good Sandshaker. Now maybe you won't see me on the beach huddled over my coconut husk fire with fish on a stick!!!LOL
Posted By: Chloe

Re: FOOD? - 10/19/00 02:58 AM

Orion, go by Sandshaker's place, and help with her laundry and she will tell you the restaurants that are open. LOL
Posted By: chicke

Re: FOOD? - 10/19/00 03:57 AM

Chloe you are just the mastermind of great ideas! Keep um coming girl!
Posted By: orionhunter

Re: FOOD? - 10/19/00 06:59 PM

Very funny Chloe---No tickee---no washee!!!!
Scrubing clothes by hand would ruin my "work of art" image.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: FOOD? - 10/19/00 07:34 PM

Orion, "work of art". (in progress?)
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board