AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Season - Off-Season...

Posted By: KennyJoeBob

Season - Off-Season... - 07/01/13 12:58 PM

What do you consider to be off-season for AC? I'm considering business opportunities, but need to factor in the "seasonal" drop in business. Can someone specify for me how long the tourist season is and what months it includes? Thanks so much for your input!

KJB
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/01/13 01:27 PM

May, September and October are the slowest months. November to April are considered high season. June, July, August are considered shoulder season.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/01/13 08:39 PM

Shoulder Season? Is that another way of saying 'no breeze - lots of sweat?

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/01/13 08:43 PM

No Harriet, shoulder season is a term that is used for the in-between season. Even though its not high season in June-August, its not as slow as May, September & October.
Posted By: KennyJoeBob

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/02/13 12:34 PM

Thanks for the info. That'll help my forecasting!

KJB
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/02/13 02:05 PM

I agree generally but I was surprised this year at how busy a lot of hotels were in April and at least early May this year. Usually after Easter things slow down until the summer travel season, but not so much this year. Must be the impact of the improving U.S. economy.

Quite a few places were fully booked some days or only had spotty availability. For some reason, less busy on Caulker, but Placencia, San Pedro, San Ignacio and even Belize City were jumping. Nearly every hotel person I talked with from north to south, east to west, said they were significantly up this year.
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/02/13 05:10 PM

KennyJoeBob....When we set up our business plan we used the BTB trends for the last 8 years.....So far it has been accurate... We also coupled the reports around the American Holidays and found it to help us make up the difference for Easter and other holidays being different dates. Easter was March 31st this year which offered us some left over vacationers in April. I believe that is why even May looked better than years past.

Re: Season - Off-Season... - 07/03/13 11:59 PM

I think you are correct on that Judyann. Similar situation here on Caye Caulker.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board