AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Drewby Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 01:28 PM
Hi All
I am looking for a place for a single Saturday night stay in January 2014. We have 8 people coming in for the week but can't get into our rental house until Sunday. Any suggestions as to places to look for lodging? I would imagine we need 3 rooms. Most places I have looked into have a minimum stay of 3 nights.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 02:12 PM
Try Sunbreeze or Pedro's Inn.

Also you might be able to do something at Mayan Princess - you can sleep 4 to a unit.
Posted By: Drewby Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 02:39 PM
Thank you, Diane.
Posted By: Phil Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 04:43 PM
Get the place you are staying for the rest of the trip to help, they will have more clout and will know all their neighbouring alternatives and have the incentive to help you find somewhere - we do this all the time for our guests if one night is unavailable and we'll do it for them in return, when probably not for a random contact.
Posted By: Drewby Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 05:19 PM
We tried that, Phil. They were no help whatsoever!
thanks for the idea though.
Posted By: Noelle Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 05:39 PM
I always encourage visitors to plan an extra night on their trip to stay at the Tropical Education Center at the Belize Zoo. The price is reasonable for nice cabanas. They serve a very good dinner and breakfast and you can go over to the zoo for their fantastic nocturnal animal tour.

In the morning you can either catch a bus to Belize City or the TEC staff will drive you there.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 06:09 PM
Noelle's suggestion is really interesting --- the Zoo is amazing - might be the perfect solution and a wonderful experience!
Posted By: Drewby Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 06:13 PM
Fun idea, Nicole. I will this pass along to our group to see who is interested. I think most of us want to stay in town. We arrive via Tropic Air onto Ambergris caye in the afternoon so we have plenty of time to wander around.
Posted By: Noelle Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 06:15 PM
Sounds like its not the plan for you but FYI they will also drive you to the international airport.
Posted By: seashell Re: Single night stay?? - 07/18/13 07:02 PM
Change your\ Tropics reservation to the following day. Noelle has given you one good idea.
Posted By: Drewby Re: Single night stay?? - 07/19/13 04:09 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions to my query. We have found a place for the night. Life is good. Looking forward to our trip!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board