AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Decompression Road north of Mata Grande - 11/08/13 11:26 PM
Anyone rode up there last few days? Especially the big sweeping open land turn before X Tan Ha? Usually the worst spot for me.

Is it at least below shin high?

DC
Posted By: elbert Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 12:08 PM
North of Mata Chica it's hard to distinguish the lagoon from the road. It's not just recent rains it's high tides and time of the year. We need to remember the promises the mayor makes and not let him get away with taking credit for fixing the road North when in reality he has done nothing.
'Potatoes' is a word used by locals as an insulting remark it's supposed to infer 'no meat' just potatoes.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 03:19 PM
I was told the Mayor was inspecting the road in the Tres Cocos area yesterday. I know, I know, that is really NOT north. LOL
Posted By: Judyann H. Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 04:12 PM
If it helps at all guys.....We have some of the same issues South. Many parts of the road where the tide is high are not passable ...... Some is tide some is rain....But it's still a great deal of water.......

AND NOW: Forgive the shameless plug...... We have Fresh Hot Beef Chili with Cheddar cheese, white Onions and Fries......A little comfort food to get through the day......
Posted By: elbert Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 04:22 PM
I was recently in Placencia as you know it's a long skinny peninsula similar to Ambergris Caye.

The paved road from end to end was spectacular, pothole less and landscaped like an expensive hotel. I ask the cab driver how they rated such a fine road and we, the cash cow of Belize, didn't. He said ,'The Ministers House is at the end of this road".
What we need is a Minister living at Rocky Point.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 07:53 PM
I2nd that motion.
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 08:05 PM
Maybe one of the Ministers can work with Lands and sign over someone else property up North to themselves and then build???
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 08:24 PM
Careful! It might be your property....
Posted By: Decompression Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/09/13 09:06 PM
Sorry..I didn't mean to start a debate. Just a heads up since I have not rode my bike north of Mata Grande in a few months.

Didn't mean to start a fight..just needed the 411

DC

Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/10/13 10:45 AM
411 = muddy road, often puddles (lakes) 4" or more deep.
Stay on the beach with your bicycle. It's lovely.
A crew organized/supervised by Janice Feldman and paid for with donations of residents and non-resident lot-owners , has cleaned the non-occupied beach in all of Mata Grande and then some. They removed the big logs/sticks & all the plastic (SIXTY 55-gallon bags full of plastic)...... looks like it should and is a nice place to cycle. Thanks to Janice, donors and workers for making a significant and positive difference!
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/10/13 12:32 PM
Yeah, forget the road at this point. If you're on bike, stay on the beach. If you're in a cart... good luck.
Posted By: Decompression Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/11/13 12:14 AM
I can take the river/road north of M.G. , even at its worst. But today was another story.

Try again in 3-4 days.

DC
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Road north of Mata Grande - 11/11/13 02:25 PM
...or 3-4 months if this rain keeps up. You can kayak back there I suppose. Might have one or two portages, but at this rate, perhaps not???
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board