AmbergrisCaye.com Home

RE: BIll

Posted By: Marty

RE: BIll - 01/08/14 05:37 PM

He is not the same man he was back then. lets allow folks to evolve without tearing them to pieces.

LOOOOOONG ago. we are ALL different than we were back then.

Let it go.
Posted By: Brent Kirkman

Re: RE: BIll - 01/08/14 06:48 PM

Well put Marty.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: RE: BIll - 01/08/14 06:50 PM

Then where is his mea culpa, repentance, community service? Show us that.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/08/14 08:12 PM

I spoke with Amandala and let them know the retired Imperial Wizard of the KKK has been living in Belize and suggested he might want to contribute money to express his love for his Black brethren and help build the Library for African and Indian Studies. I think it would be a lovely gesture.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/09/14 04:33 PM

Soul searching? Soul as in Black culture? My soul is fine and know exactly where it is. No need to search for it.
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 12:27 AM

THE KLAN. I seriously still cannot get over it.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 12:35 AM

Wait...I'm still mad. You guys trying to bully someone who is trying to get answers...is absolutely unbelievable.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 12:48 AM

I don't need to do anything. And I can certainly be mad about bullying and you talking down to people.
Posted By: Cooper

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 01:09 AM

I find this so sad, people change, young people want to change the world, sad thing is most of them are not smart enough to make the right decision on what wars to fight. How many of us have children that are now in their 30s and 40s, can you not remember what battles they were fighting in their 20s, can you not remember bad choices you made? Do you think you should go do community service for what you did while you were maturing. We dont really mature some of us until our 30s, and those that have been brainwashed in their rearing can take longer. The world was a different place back then.
In 1965 I was diving with all my friends with hatchets chopping off coral heads for our Grandmas, I set fire to an orange grove when I was 10, poisoned some fish when I was 16, went on to use not so legal substances until I was about 30. Surly not as drastic as Mr. Bill but its been 30 yrs. Find some recent shit on the poor bastard and then demand community service. I am sure he has been through more hell than any of us. You can knock Ernie, what about Marty?

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 01:33 AM

38 yrs ago in Pasadena Calif I was in my early 20s, I met up with my parents at a restaurant. A black couple walked in, they would not eat at that restaurant, we had to leave. At the time of their deaths, 28 yrs later, they had 2 grandchildren that were 1/2 Filipino, and 2 that were half Afro American, A Black son in law a Japanese daughter in law, and LOVED ALL OF THEM...times and people can change.
Posted By: Yesilivehere

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 02:00 AM

That was a nice story. Thank you smile well said

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 02:32 AM

Yes, our family being from Hawaii was a true melting pot. Thank you Iperdue.
Posted By: DJH

Re: RE: BIll - 01/10/14 09:53 AM

Bill is one of the nicest guys I know. Most of us have things we regret doing at some time in our life. And if you really want to know what went on back then he is very open about it. And it manly had to do with desegregation.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 02:44 AM

http://amandala.com.bz/news/kkk-imperial-wizard-belize/
Posted By: Oceana

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 02:59 AM

I would certainly not want to be judged as the man that I am today vs. the young man that I was 40 years ago. Add to that the social mores of the South at the time. If you didn't live it, don't judge it. It's that simple.

I have not yet seen one person say that this man has been, for the last 30 years, a racist on AC. What I have seen is a whole lot of white people complain about a man who may, in fact, have changed. Some people actually do change. I know that we have generally moved on from the overt racist actions in the U.S., but I also realize, having been schooled in the South, that familial upbringing played a large part in the racist attitudes in the 60's and 70's.

Quite honestly, if you did not live through that time period, you have no standing to judge those that did. I am always a bit skeptical of those who scream the loudest regarding indiscretions of any kind from the past. I am certainly not excusing Wilkerson's past. But all the vitriol seems to be more of a stand by those who want to make sure that they are counted as out in front of bigotry and hatred because, well, you are supposed to be. While that is all well and good, judge someone by what you know of them today, not in the past. I am sure that we all have some skeletons in our respective closets. Be careful in casting the first stone.....
Posted By: elbert

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 01:47 PM

What a crappy article by the Amandala. They always write with this sensationalism style that makes fiction of the news. Bill isn't up to anything and has been a peaceful member of our community for 20 years and I'm sure hes surprised to learn hes a millionaire. The Amandela writers are Hypocrites They definitely seem to have more anxiety and paranoia than the average goy. If there is a racist group around here it's them.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 02:03 PM

Blacks and Jews might have more than average anxiety and paranoia
than the average white boy. Certainly raises uncomfortable questions and issues with this Jewish girl.
Posted By: champion

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 02:13 PM

Bad karma is coming from all of this!
Posted By: M-A Gaffney

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 02:26 PM

"I am sure that we all have some skeletons in our respective closets. Be careful in casting the first stone....."

Self-proclaimed "Imperial Wizard of the Invisible Empire"? Vocal racist in public, TV, newsprint, etc. Fade away to foreign country when heat gets too hot . . .

Have something like that among your ~youthful indiscretions~?

Doubt it, you old white guys. Katie deserves a pass . . .

One thing about old guys; they DO stick together!
Posted By: elbert

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 03:03 PM

Hate is Hate, not different from another direction.
Posted By: champion

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 03:28 PM

Doubt it, you old white guys. Katie deserves a pass . . .

What makes you think I'm white?
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 03:35 PM

What I don't understand, Katie, is why you are going to such lengths to bash someone who has been a good member of the San Pedro community for decades... you dig into his past and now gossiping to the Amandala crew - WHY? You live in Belize City - do you even know Bill? Strange that you are making a huge display of something that is way outside of your business. What's next, tar and feathers and running him out of town? Geeze Louise.
Posted By: BelmopanGringo

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 04:56 PM

Sorry to buck what seems to be the prevailing attitude on this forum, but I'm with Katie on this. Bill Wilkinson was the national leader of one of the most militant subgroups of the KKK. He was constantly on television during the early 80's advocating the KKK's message of hatred. He bragged about beatings and shootings he and his Invisible Empire committed against civil rights protestors. To quote from the book The Klu Klux Klan in Mississippi: A History by Michael Newton(page 191), “We hurt some niggers. We shot up Gunn's car and we're not ashamed of it.” His group was linked to arson of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which was suing his the Invisible Empire to close down its paramilitary camp near Birmingham Alabama.

As for the argument that this was merely a "youthful indiscretion," to me a youthful indiscretion is getting busted for smoking pot at a Grateful Dead concert, not running a national hate group through a pattern of violence and intimidation.

He also wasn't youthful. Bill Wilkinson was 42 when he stepped down from his role as Imperial Wizard.http://www.nytimes.com/1984/09/02/us/a-klan-imperial-wizard-says-he-will-resign-post-this-year.html

By comparison, Hitler was 43 when the Nazis burned down the Reichstag. Teddy Roosevelt was 43 when he took office as President of the U.S. John Wilkes Booth was 26 when he assassinated Lincoln. Charles Manson was 35 when he killed Sharon Tate and others.

I do not know Mr. Wilkinson, and I am willing to accept that he is well-liked by many on San Pedro. I would guess that Gustav Franz Wagner was well liked in Brazil too before his past was exposed.

From my perspective, Mr. Wilkinson willfully and intentionally thrust himself into the public light in order to promote his vile view of Aryan supremacy. It is only fitting that his past be exposed in the same manner.

Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 07:16 PM

We'll said.
Posted By: collyk

Re: RE: BIll - 01/11/14 07:33 PM

Thank you BelmopanGringo for putting this into perspective.
Posted By: fishguru00

Re: RE: BIll - 01/12/14 01:57 AM

when I was in grade school in the 60's, my parents moved to a small town outside Houston, to Pasadena (Texas). I remember there was a big KKK building on one of the main streets. no one seemed too upset...

do I have to do any community service to come back to San Pedro?

some things change faster than others...

and talk about change, I was lucky enough to graduate from both UT and Texas A&M in the 70's, so don't get me started on head football coaches - smile -

Re: RE: BIll - 01/12/14 02:15 AM

Just curious, How is Bill dealing with all this? I truly hope he is tossing the negativeness aside, but it is dangerous talk.
Posted By: Peggydoo

Re: RE: BIll - 01/12/14 12:30 PM

So we just should forget about searching for and –when we found them- prosecuting criminals of war, murderers, sex offenders, etc. when their acts are in the past, they fled their country and changed their lives. No need for them to say they’re sorry or something like that, just move somewhere abroad, set up a business and make friends and everything is forgotten. It’ll save us a lot of work and money. And the victims? Aw, just forget about them too. It’s a lot easier.
Posted By: CaptOneIron

Re: RE: BIll - 01/12/14 01:12 PM

It seems to be that you folks, at least some of you, have convicted this man of a crime so serious that he should be pursued and harassed to the ends of the earth. Has he actually committed a crime or has he simply made some statements and professed to believe in something that you find reprehensible? We are all, at least so far, free to believe and say whatever we want and if you don't like someones beliefs and statements you are free to condemn them but there is nothing criminal about it and you shouldn't try to make it so. Thoughts are not crimes - at least not yet (or unless you are Eric Holder).
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: RE: BIll - 01/12/14 02:10 PM

Maybe some day you will insist that the world try the bunch of oil rich, warmongering US politicians who have raped and pillaged the US taxpayers, supported then annihilated dictators around the world.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/13/14 03:06 AM

Truly, prejudices run high here. Closed minded folks at best. Sounds a lot like a sub KKK group to me.
Posted By: Oceana

Re: RE: BIll - 01/13/14 03:22 AM

My comments were meant as a personal diatribe, not a slam on Katie. I don't know her, but I have found her to be, based on her previous posts here and elsewhere, a sharp and upstanding woman.

My reference to "youthful indiscretions" was obviously a bit sophomoric, but my reasoning still stands. I don't put Wilkinson in the same tribe as Hitler, Papa Doc and Stalin, although some of you seem to. My years in the South taught me that there was a lot of piling on by rednecks that resulted in death and dishonor not only to blacks, but to anyone other than mainstream white Pentecostals. Catholics didn't have the easiest time, either. That was the nature of the uneducated, myopic, bully atmosphere of the times.

People do change, especially when the environment changes. I do not condone what Wilkinson did back in the day, but I don't believe it is correct to hang Wilkinson now based on what is, today, a much more politically correct mindset and realization that it was wrong then, and now.

Ain't hindsight grand? How many of you older folks took more than a passing glance in the newspaper at his actions back in the day? Did you stand up and scream your disdain then?

Posted By: Gaz Cooper

Re: RE: BIll - 01/13/14 11:05 AM

As someone who has personally known Bill for over 20 years I want to add my point of view on this.

I met Bill not long after I arrived on the island and over the years would always say hi and later I was involved more closely with him after renting his pier and dive shop.

I have to say in all those 20 years I NEVER ONCE heard Bill say or do anything that would indicate he was a racist, now I am not saying that he was not in his early life but since I have known him he is a changed man and what is in the past should remain there because people ARE ALLOWED to see the error in their ways and CHANGE.

Bill has been living in San Pedro for as long as I can remember he has been a respected, peaceful member of the community FOR DECADES but now his past has come to haunt him and to me we all make mistakes and I give Bill credit for changing and turning his life around to a positive and leaving his past behind him.

If he was still a racist he could never of lived peacefully in Belize for close to 30 years now could he.

I think Bill should be left alone to live the rest of his days on the island and country he obviously cares about and for those trying to harass him you really don't have a case because any normal person who knows Bill can see Bill is not the guy he was in the 80's

Gaz Cooper

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 10:47 AM

Martin Luther Kings birthday

‘One hundred years later the life of the Negro is still badly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself in exile in his own land……Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice…….We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality….We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro’s basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one……I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulation….Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our Northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed……I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up, live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’ I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.’
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Katie Valk
Martin Luther Kings birthday

‘One hundred years later the life of the Negro is still badly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination. One hundred years later the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. One hundred years later the Negro is still languished in the corners of American society and finds himself in exile in his own land……Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice…….We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality….We cannot be satisfied as long as the Negro’s basic mobility is from a smaller ghetto to a larger one……I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulation….Go back to Mississippi, go back to Alabama, go back to Carolina, go back to Georgia, go back to Louisiana, go back to the slums and ghettos of our Northern cities, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed……I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up, live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.’ I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.’

... or driven out of their home for the last 30-years? Doesn't sound very MLK-like to me.

A person should be judged on how they treat others. Based on that, he should be judged for BOTH his past treatment of African-Amercians and his peaceful existence on the island for the last 30 years.

Sounds like he owes the African-American community in the U.S. an apology and he owes the people of Belize nothing more than that which has already been given, and he continues to give as far as I understand.

If he is guilty of murder or some other crime for which justice is due, that's one thing...

However, unless you are an African-American ex-pat living in Belize who was harmed by this man's action, this unjust persecution of a man living peaceably isn't warranted at all imo.
Posted By: Dawghed

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 04:26 PM

huh? really?

That speech was made approx 50 years ago. We have come along way and have a long way to evolve on the way to making that dream a reality.

I believe even a KKK racist can do a 180. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. Also, forgiveness is fundamental of all religions.
Posted By: Phil

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Otteralum

A person should be judged on how they treat others. Based on that, he should be judged for BOTH his past treatment of African-Amercians and his peaceful existence on the island for the last 30 years.

Sounds like he owes the African-American community in the U.S. an apology and he owes the people of Belize nothing more than that which has already been given, and he continues to give as far as I understand.

If he is guilty of murder or some other crime for which justice is due, that's one thing...

However, unless you are an African-American ex-pat living in Belize who was harmed by this man's action, this unjust persecution of a man living peaceably isn't warranted at all imo.

What he said.

Please tell me you didn't just bang that out and it took a lot of soul searching and thought and hours to turn into words. Perfect.
Posted By: Dawghed

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 07:03 PM

My objection to the post is that we are not separate. Blacks, whites, Jews, Muslim etc are all my brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers and fathers. You hurt them and you hurt this very WASPy guy too.

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 07:55 PM

I would be remiss in not honoring the Father of our country on his birthday today as well, Rt. Hon. George Cadle Price.
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: RE: BIll - 01/15/14 11:19 PM

Dawghed raises a good point. If you were harmed by this man, no matter your race or nationality, he owes you an apology. And, were he still harming others, we should speak up for our fellow man. Otherwise, let it go.

And thanks Phil smile
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: RE: BIll - 01/16/14 12:05 AM

When Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu worked towards justice, they did so with a forgiving heart for those who had learned and grown during the end of a terrible era of hate and racism in South Africa. I am on their team

Re: RE: BIll - 02/14/14 12:29 PM

US Embassy Belize celebrating Black History Month

https://www.facebook.com/usembassybelize

Re: RE: BIll - 02/15/14 01:44 PM

Today is Ruby Bridges Day, to commemorate a brave little girl's entry into an all-white school on November 14, 1960. As soon as Bridges entered the school, white parents pulled their own children out; all teachers refused to teach while a black child was enrolled. Only one person agreed to teach Ruby and that was Barbara Henry, from Boston, Massachusetts, and for over a year Mrs. Henry taught her alone, "as if she were teaching a whole class." Every morning, as Bridges walked to school, one woman would threaten to poison her;[7] because of this, the U.S. Marshals dispatched by President Eisenhower, who were overseeing her safety, only allowed Ruby to eat food that she brought from home. Another woman at the school put a black baby doll in a wooden coffin and protested with it outside the school, a sight that Bridges said "scared me more than the nasty things people screamed at us." At her mother's suggestion, Bridges began to pray on the way to school, which she found provided protection from the comments yelled at her on the daily walks. - @[144797732198536:274:Free Range Learning]

Today is Ruby Bridges Day, to commemorate a brave little girl's entry into an all-white school on November 14, 1960.

As soon as Bridges entered the school, white parents pulled their own children out; all teachers refused to teach while a black child was enrolled. Only one person agreed to teach Ruby and that was Barbara Henry, from Boston, Massachusetts, and for over a year Mrs. Henry taught her alone, "as if she were teaching a whole class." Every morning, as Bridges walked to school, one woman would threaten to poison her;[7] because of this, the U.S. Marshals dispatched by President Eisenhower, who were overseeing her safety, only allowed Ruby to eat food that she brought from home. Another woman at the school put a black baby doll in a wooden coffin and protested with it outside the school, a sight that Bridges said "scared me more than the nasty things people screamed at us." At her mother's suggestion, Bridges began to pray on the way to school, which she found provided protection from the comments yelled at her on the daily walks
Posted By: CaptOneIron

Re: RE: BIll - 02/16/14 01:56 AM

Both of these men were avowed communists. That doesn't take away from their accomplishments but people should be careful not to let the halo effect blind them to the person as a whole.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/04/14 11:21 PM

Black History Month. The KKK could not extinguish the fervor for equal rights and protection under the law. They tried.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Ernie B

Re: RE: BIll - 03/05/14 10:41 PM

removed
Posted By: collyk

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 01:56 AM

I try to stay out of these things, but the statement above is horrendously offensive. I also have declined to mention this, but it is comments like this that have stopped the majority of contributors to this message board from posting here anymore. We, sadly, have had clients mention their concerns about coming here after reading this board and messages such as that above from people who don't live here, don't work here and who seem to have nothing better to do but to make it difficult for businesses on the island by making it look like a pit of hatred, bigotry and obsessed with USA politics. It's so sad as I've met so many wonderful people and made lifelong friends through this message board, but the atmosphere has become so toxic, bigoted, bullying and unpleasant that it not only does Ambergris Caye and Belize a huge disservice but it has destroyed what once was a wonderful community of people connected by their love of Ambergris Caye. This makes me so very sad.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 02:14 AM

above and beyond ernie. enough. banned. thanks for the note colly. will do my best to clean it up.

will remove the Daily Crap Site thread. enough politics about the USA
Posted By: Pam&Dave

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 02:34 AM

Fantastic!
Posted By: Gridguy

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 10:41 AM

Great move Marty!
Posted By: Inplub

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 12:10 PM

Well done Marty, enough said.
Posted By: Sandy46

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 12:49 PM

Thank you Marty, thank you. There is no place for this kind of hate and bigotry in our world, let alone in this island paradise we call home.
Posted By: CrackOfDawn

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 01:14 PM

Good job Marty. We will see y'all in 20 days!!! 7 years in a row but this year there's 7 of us!! So f'ing anxious!!
Posted By: Wizardofaahs

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 08:18 PM

Thank you, Marty.
Posted By: Uncle Buck

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 08:24 PM

Thanks!

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 08:36 PM

Gracias.
Posted By: IfOnlyICud

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 10:55 PM

Colly well said and thank you Marty, I peruse the message board on a daily basis even though I do not live in Belize, I fell in love with it when I visited. I keep my posting to a rarity due to unsure of the response I may get after seeing a few others questions go completely way off track by certain members. It always makes me sad to see some of the rude and off colored comments that will quickly pop up but I know it is nearly impossible to keep them all under control. Well done Marty and am coming back the end of March!!
Posted By: GwenA

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 11:01 PM

Thanks Marty! We don't all like each other on the Island, but most that don't are respectful and stay out of each other's way. I stopped participating as much when it became vitriol, trolls, and that crap site. Good choice.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/06/14 11:48 PM

I didn't see what Ernie wrote - I presume it was way more than just zzzzzz which I also wrote and got also got deleted, which mildly pissed me off.

However if there's to be censure I feel this whole thread should probably go and if not Katie should be equally vetoed too. Katie has continually attacked harassed and it seems to me tried a one woman band to incite violence or at a minimum stir up a brouhaha for Bill. Against a man who has been here 30 odd years and many judge for what he is here not what he was in the US. Live and let live. We are in a democracy and people are allowed to have views that are within the law but abhorrent to some. They are also allowed to move on from mistakes they made and rebuild.

Pretty disgusted at some here for their own bigotry as it seems this place is a bunch of pussies right now.

To those that think this board may affect tourism or if people might not visit or reply get a life and grow up. Life throws people together and most that were born or moved here, live or love here are hardy and not your average Shrinking Violet. They're are probably expressive and outgoing and confident in themselves. That equals discussion, banter and sometimes arguments. Forums continually have people who have different view points and they clash. Get over it. If you think this is bad go visit some other forums - I read two others one Football (the real football) and one poker - this one is girls wet blouses in comparison.

It's far from all bad but sadly I think I'm done.
Posted By: Sandy46

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 12:27 AM

Well Phil, I am so glad that Katie had the "penis" to stand up to the people on this forum who need to degrade others because of their ignorance. I do believe you said this place is a "bunch of pussies now". Once again I feel offended because you actually think it is alright to degrade women in that way. Please stop valuing a language and a culture that needs to make less of others to feel good about yourself. If you don't wish to be on the "pussie" forum, than don't be on it.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 12:35 AM

easy folks

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 12:40 AM

This is going from nasty to childish...."if you are going to kick X out you should then kick out Y". Sometimes history needs to be left in place so the evidence can be examined. I don't mean whatever Marty removed, because it was probably really offensive. Just, who is calling whom a pussy, who is trying to stir things, and who is intolerant. Just to let everybody know who everybody is. That way new and old people can really see what the Island is about. Some of those grown ups aren't who you think they are.
Posted By: Timmy

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 04:52 AM

It usede to be to become a resident of Belize you needed peopel to vouch for your character. Fom where you came from and here in Belize. Three Belizeans. You also needed a police report from your hometown. You also need a statement from your police chief that you were a person of "high character". I guess he got all this 20 yeaars ago by people who did not really know him or lied. No that the Home Office knows about this guy his file should be reviewed. Period. Too bad but tuff luck...immigrants were to be of high standard. That was the standard. Not how much money in your account. You could start anew here with modest means. Belize does not want gay people. Nor racists that promoted violence. Belize does not want ex-convicts either. Time to pack up Bill. Justice Hugo Black spent his life actively trying to make amends for his KKK membership. From the bench he wrote that he knew about police brutality because he was a prosecutor in Alabama and knew what went on in those southern courthouses. If Bill had been here for twenty years using his mind sweat and money to foster a color blind Belize it would have gone along way to his repentance. Bye Bill.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 12:12 PM

ie = pussie cat. Nicely twisted though. Happy to step away if the consensus is this was the most offensive thing here.
Posted By: yelmer

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 12:26 PM

Definitely offensive Phil.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/07/14 02:14 PM

Hard to tell who's calling who what. Think I might just have been called an ugly old drunk troll by Soma!

What was offensive that I wrote? The fact people have the right of free thinking and speech - however abhorrent you find their views - or how it was written?

If it was how it was written and it helps any of you that felt slighted and had your sensitivity hurt and an apology gets you past my old fashioned bluntness and lets you to see the real issue here - I APOLOGISE.

Posted By: padennis

Re: RE: BIll - 03/08/14 01:49 AM

Gwen, what is your obsession with TROLLS do you see them in your dreams are they in the shadows looking at you? Perhaps controlling you like a little puppet from the coconut tree? There are lots of prejudices race, color, religion, and one to add to your vast book of knowledge (education). All those plaques on your wall do they really mean anything? Think about it for a moment.
Posted By: seashell

Re: RE: BIll - 03/08/14 05:13 AM

Geez Louise you people!! Everybody get a grip on themselves. Sometimes I think it might be better if the Expat living and/or residents in BZE should not be allowed to post here at all.

Marty, maybe you should just lock this thread down.
Posted By: Inplub

Re: RE: BIll - 03/08/14 12:33 PM

I am John Jones owner of Tastes Of Thailand, first time to Belize 1981. The Queen of England sent me here. The restaurant was first opened in 2003, closed in 2007 and reopened 2013. Never had to hide from anyone. LOL

Re: RE: BIll - 03/08/14 01:39 PM

Gee, whoever you are, padennis, you have no idea what you are talking about, nor who you are talking about.

Re: RE: BIll - 03/08/14 02:05 PM

good idea seashell
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board