AmbergrisCaye.com Home

SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns

Posted By: Marty

SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/26/14 06:29 PM

For being a small town, San Pedro is faced with a lot of traffic problems. The hustle and bustle of everyday traffic that keeps things running on the island can become overwhelming at times. Itís the price residents have to pay to enjoy the commodities their island paradise provides. With all that traffic, there are too little traffic wardens to properly control and keep a close eye on the situation. The San Pedro Traffic Department counts with seven wardens all who have a lot on their hands to deal with.

This week the San Pedro Traffic Department has armed its wardens with a device that will assist them, not to alleviate traffic, but to hammer down on speeding. The department has acquired a speed gun to monitor the speeding habits of drivers and administer traffic tickets to those who violate the speed laws on the island.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

Posted By: cm815

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/26/14 09:22 PM

Now! if they will just use it. The Taxis are out of control and need to be slowed down...
and that is all i have to say about that!
Posted By: Inplub

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/26/14 10:25 PM

I saw them using it the other day.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 11:24 AM

On the mainland too and now have breathalyzers donated from Norway traffic dept is trained to use
Posted By: Nobody You Know

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 02:32 PM

I could probably look it up but I'm chronically lazy. What is the blood alcohol threshold in Belize?
Posted By: Tracker

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 03:33 PM

Posted By: CrackOfDawn

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 04:13 PM

Does the .08 apply to golf carts?
Posted By: Spelican

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 04:24 PM

Good God, I hope not.
Posted By: joekerland

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 05:37 PM

I swear I saw a policeman South of San Pedro with what looked like a radar gun - both in June and October last year? Since the article seems to indicate this is a first - I wonder what that weird hand held device they pointed at vehicles was doing =)
Posted By: Inplub

Re: SP Traffic Department Now Equipped with Speed Guns - 02/27/14 09:48 PM

Can I have a million US please?
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board