AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Local flights!

Posted By: geral

Local flights! - 12/12/00 11:06 PM

We are arriving at Belize Int. on December 26 around 10am and hope to get a flight to AC later that morning. Are we safe buying the flights on arrival, or do we have to have reservations??? there is no representative of Mayan Air or Tropic Air where I live... Reserve on line??? Please advice!!!

Thanks!!!
Posted By: BC

Re: Local flights! - 12/12/00 11:47 PM

I USED TROPIC'S WEB SITE TO MAKE MY RSVP FOR MY CHISMAS TRIP AND THEY THEN HAD ME PURCHASE THE TICKETS THROUGH THEIR HOUSTON OFFICE. SO FAR NO PROBLEMS.

Re: Local flights! - 12/13/00 12:39 AM

That would work, but I'm in El Salvador!!! I sent'them (tropic air) an e-mail, I'm waiting for their response... Thank you!!!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Local flights! - 12/13/00 01:17 AM

You won't need reservations. Just check in at Tropic when you get to International and they'll have you here within the hour.
Posted By: MamaLiz

Re: Local flights! - 12/13/00 03:50 AM

Yeah but Jesse, you should warn them that the hour is on island time ;-)
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Local flights! - 12/13/00 11:26 PM

An option is to take a taxi to the muni airport (about $15) and Tropic Air from there. They leave every hour and it is half the price of flying out of the International -- and less time.
Personally, I like going by water. I want to get as close to the water as soon as I can. I like the camaraderie and excitement of the boat. Lots of local people. I start taking pictures right there. I want to feel that I am IN BELIZE from the time I land.

Re: Local flights! - 12/13/00 11:34 PM

How long does it take to take the water taxi?? how much does it cost?? Thanks
Posted By: Daemyon

Re: Local flights! - 12/14/00 01:04 AM

Figure and hour and a half, if nothing goes wrong. If you're prone to sea-sickness, or you wouldn't care to get wet, stay up in the area a little fore of the Captain(if you can get a seat!)...you'll also avoid the exhaust of the engines astern.
Posted By: Dallas Dave

Re: Local flights! - 12/15/00 04:59 AM

Geral, you can get a ticket quite easily at the counter at International from Tropic. I do it all the time, and have never had a problem. The price just went up again...$93.00BZ for a one way to San Pedro. I don't know the exchange rate in El Salvador, but would advise you to convert to US before comming here. Nothing is more readily accepted than US here. Even more than the Belizean dollar.

Re: Local flights! - 12/15/00 07:00 PM

Thank you all for all your tips!!! I can't wait to get there!!!
Posted By: Maya Island Air

Re: Local flights! - 12/23/00 03:14 AM

We have daily scheduled flights to San Pedro from the airport. Airfare is 93.00usd per person round trip. You may view our timetable at //www.ambergriscaye.com/mayaislandair. If you would like to make reservations please email us. Thank you and we look forward to serve you. Regards....Gach Guerrero
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board