AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: happyhairstons Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 04:27 AM
After reading the topics, I'm still not clear on whether or not you can get Anhueser Busch beer on A/C. Obviously, most drink Belikin but someone mentioned that you could get AB products in Belize City but it's expensive. Does that mean it is available in A/C too (price isn't an issue). If not, can you buy premium brand liquors in A/C or bring some with you? If so, how much?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 04:33 AM
Budweiser is available if you want it but why would you?
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 07:14 AM
I'm not a Bud drinker but the Premium tasted like it to me.The only place i saw bud for sale "reasonable" was in Belize city at a large grocery store and it was $5 bx. a can!!
When in Rome .........! You may like it.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 07:41 AM
if you never had a Beliken, you don't know what your miss'en.... Take it from me... They almost go with out when I hit they island.!!!!!!! Try it and I'm sure and guarentee you'll like it!!!!!!! Rick
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 04:48 PM
You can buy premiuim brand liquor on AC. It is frightfully expensive but the selection is very adequate. (The only thing we had trouble finding was bourbon. And who wants that anyways. OK, it was for a customer.)

If one is hard pressed, or broke, or both, the Belizian vodka is sorta o.k. Just buy the Lerska brand and run it through a coffee filter a couple times to get rid of the "flecks" and you're set. Do NOT under any circumstances try the BZ gin.

Gosh, leave the Bud palate at home and go with the Belikins. You'll be just fine.
Posted By: Debbie Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 04:54 PM
My husband is a dyed in the wool Budwieser fan. (I think it tastes like horse [#%!] personally) but the Belikin was so good, he didn't miss the other one day..... The dark will knock your socks off!!! Enjoy..
Debbie
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 05:15 PM
He'd probably like "Lighthouse" beer. It's Bowens latest product and seems to be catching on pretty well.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/14/00 05:35 PM
Ah, Debbie,

How do you really feel about Budweiser?

I think the proper form would be "...as one might imagine it would taste like."

Your welcome.
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/15/00 01:43 AM
I agree with Debbie re the Budweiser. Haven't yet tried the Belikin, but sure will. Hinano, the beer in Tahiti is really good. And, of course, Mexico has great beer. Dos XX is my fav.
Posted By: Dallas Dave Re: Beer/liquor in A/C - 12/15/00 04:47 AM
Can't say I agree with most of the posts on this subject. I love US Budweiser. The Bud you get here is not the same. Beliken I find tolerable, barely. However, It's the only game in town. You get used to it, and they deliver! You can get just about any distilled spirits here that you can think of. Bourbon seems to be limited to Jack Daniels. Stick with the local rums and you'll be happy. They are good quality, and very economical.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board