AmbergrisCaye.com Home

BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER

Posted By: ScubaLdy

BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/10/14 09:14 PM

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at Molly Malone's at The (ghost) Hotel and had lunch.
Our famous bartender, Shaggy, made me a cantaloupe smoothie and a very nice woman cooked an outstanding beef burger.
I took one of the meat patties (there were two) that was smothered in melted cheese and topped with crisp bacon out of the stack and ate it as a breadless sandwich.
When I put the remainder together it was taller than most hamburgers. This I brought home for dinner.
The French fries were plentiful and crispy. Since I put my catsup cup on my coleslaw cup I missed eating this. Too bad as I love coleslaw.
The price was reasonable, the service good and the place is nice.
I met the new manager, Bruno, who is struggling for lack of business. He doesn't understand why. I say give the guy a chance. It is new management and has nothing to do with the problems of the past.
Posted By: Inplub

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/11/14 01:16 AM

We will try, do you have times Harriette?

John
Posted By: Richard Chambers

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/11/14 03:06 AM

Damn Harriette, you're making my mouth water all the way here in Texas...Richard
Posted By: ragman

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/11/14 10:48 AM

I had the Cheese Steak sandwich there the other night and it was very good.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/11/14 01:46 PM

Nice someone is doing something with that place and the food reports are good.
Posted By: Maya House

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/13/14 01:53 PM

Four of us went to dinner there last night, and it was wonderful! I had the grilled shrimp (YUM!). We also had that amazing burger (with pineapple) that Harriette was referring to, another shrimp dish, and the baby back ribs.
We sat out on the back patio and watched a beautiful sunset.
This is now on our list of favourite places on the island. We look forward to going back again and again. (And the prices were quite reasonable as well, which is always a plus!)
Posted By: Inplub

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/13/14 02:57 PM

We live south of town and need to know times and day closed if any.

Thank you, John

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/13/14 03:42 PM

http://abelizehomeforus.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/32019/
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/13/14 04:14 PM

We enjoyed drinks there for my Birthday...And Bruno was kind enough to bring us a piece of wonderful Key Lime Cheesecake and they even sang to me......The place is Beautiful....We'll be back up there when on the North side..... smile

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/13/14 05:39 PM

I haven't been able to find anything listing the hours or a phone number. I'll check next time I'm by there.

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/15/14 07:42 PM

Went to Molly Malone's for dinner again on Sunday. Fabulous again!! Husband just had some major dental work done, and when he told them, even though they didn't have soup on the menu, they made him the biggest take home container of soup you've ever seen. They continue to shock and awe us!!

Their hours are 11am to midnight 7 days a week. We are officially regulars. ;-)
Posted By: Sunny Reef

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/20/14 02:04 PM

It's good to see all these new places enlighten us with all this deliceous Belize food items and also good to see that we keep our focus on the essential on food: "The BIGGEST Burger" :-)

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/22/14 12:42 PM

Well...another one bites the dust. Molly Malone's and The Hotel, are apparently already out of business. :-(
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/23/14 06:16 PM

I was just told it was open again with a different manager?

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/23/14 07:20 PM

Yep. As quick as it closed, it's open again. Just stopped in today. New owners, same hours.

Gotta love it!
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/23/14 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Maya House
Yep. As quick as it closed, it's open again. Just stopped in today. New owners, same hours.

Gotta love it!

Don't Stop the Carnival laugh
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: BIGGEST BEEF BURGER EVER - 04/25/14 07:58 PM

Wish them the best!
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board