AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mawags Mail Service - 04/21/14 05:55 PM
Has anyone used or heard of a mail service in town where they give you a florida address and then mail to the island??? If so, where is it located, if not, how do you receive your mail from the states?
Posted By: ron Re: Mail Service - 04/22/14 12:33 AM
Its called Mail Boxes Etc. I have used them since November. You get your forwarded mail on a Friday. Thats the day it comes from the States. I typically get mail every week. Since my mail is being forwarded from CT I don't know how long it takes for them to get you your mail. I usually see a postal mark about 4 weeks from when I get it. I also know it comes individually plastic wrap with a date less then a week from when I get it. I'd assume the problem is with the post office rather then Mail Boxes etc. Rob Hanke runs the place. his email is [email protected]. He's across the street from the immigration office by the airport. I live over in Caye Caulker and he puts it on the water taxi for me.
Posted By: mawags Re: Mail Service - 04/22/14 12:50 PM
Thanks Ron, Is it expensive. Would be having it forwarded from Ohio.
Posted By: Phil Re: Mail Service - 04/22/14 01:51 PM
Other option is have all your mail forwarded to a UPS Store PO Box in Ohio and they forward it monthly to a PO Box here in Belize. It's one of the costs of moving here. Maybe USPS offer something similar?
Posted By: ron Re: Mail Service - 04/22/14 01:59 PM
I can't remember the cost but you can give them a call if you are here. They are in the phone book or email Rob.
Posted By: MikeW Re: Mail Service - 04/23/14 12:29 PM
There are also mail scanning services. I've used earthclassmail.com with pretty good success.
Posted By: Robert Hawkins Re: Mail Service - 04/28/14 01:38 AM
Mail Boxes Etc offers three plans ranging from $60BZ to $200BZ a month, depending on how much mail (per weight) you are expecting to receive.

For this you receive a PO box and a street address in Miami and a mailbox here at MBE in San Pedro. Rob Henke, who runs the franchise, is great to work with.

The Miami address is good for forwarded US mail and for online purchases, which sometimes will not deliver to a PO box.

It does take about four weeks for mail to land here in San Pedro, my experience after a bit over two months. Electronic billing and payments and online banking become most convenient!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board