AmbergrisCaye.com Home

water temp

Posted By: lake-rat

water temp - 12/26/00 02:25 AM

We are concerned about the water temp. We have shortys, but wonder if we need to bring regular wet suits. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Marty

Re: water temp - 12/26/00 04:59 PM

we don't use em. t-shirt for skin protection, water temp is 82 or so.....
Posted By: lake-rat

Re: water temp - 12/26/00 05:26 PM

Marty-Would that be true for scuba diving as well as snorkeling?
Posted By: Terri

Re: water temp - 12/27/00 09:09 PM

I get cold very very very easily when I dive. I dove in Belize in March and was very cold with a shorty. However, other people were fine with the shorty and some people did not even wear wet suits. Burr!!! This time I am bringing a full 3 mm.
Posted By: Escaping the Cold

Re: water temp - 12/27/00 09:39 PM

Are there places to rent wet suits on the North end of the island?
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: water temp - 12/28/00 12:49 AM

I have a Henderson Polartex which supposedly is equal to a 3 mil shortly - way too hot! We use Lycra skins over a swim suit, as much for protection from the sun as anything else.
My dive buddy is long and lanky and gets cold easily and was comfortable in a Lycra skin. We have dived there in October and January and the water was about 82 both times.
I wouldn't count on renting anything any place on the island. You would be taking a big chance if you feel you really need something.

Harriette
Look at //www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/town.html

Re: water temp - 12/29/00 10:05 PM

For me, that is true for scuba diving as well as snorkeling.

others may like a thin scuba shortie. me, i don't get cold so easy, i just like a t-shirt. and really prefer not having that.

Re: water temp - 12/29/00 10:06 PM

Most dive shops have very nice equipment they can rent. The equipment in the shops there is better than what we have in Oregon for quality, at the rental places...
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board