AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Carolyn Mosquitoes? - 01/16/01 12:56 AM
Hello all: my husband and some friends and I were supposed to travel to AC last November, but cancelled due to Keith. We're thinking about re-scheduling for mid-April, but are wondering how bad the mosquitoes are then? Would really appreciate any candid responses. Thanks so much!
Posted By: Carolyn Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 02:44 AM
?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 04:43 AM
Mosquitos are never really a problem. When they're in full force there's a heavy attack time at sunset when we all apply Cutter''s or Off to control them for about one hour. Otherwise it''s not a problem at all. Nothing as bad as the US!
Posted By: deano Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 05:32 AM
In 10 years of travels to San Pedro I have only found two kinds of skeeters...The little tiny ones that come thru a screen door...and the great big ones that can open it!
Posted By: Jen O Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 06:42 AM
I am from Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is our state bird. I sure hope they arent as bad down there.
I thought this was Paradise...
Not Minnesota melted!
Posted By: govikes Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 03:34 PM
Jen O, I'm lifelong (and long-suffering)MN--been going to AC for 3 yrs and you won't notice the mosquitoes (when they do come out for an hr. right after the sun goes down, you should have enough Belikan/rum in you that they won't bite you anyway). I've never had a problem with them coming from here--you won't either!
Posted By: MIBAC Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/17/01 03:44 PM
Another minnesota connection, we have been going to AC for 3 years also and the only time you notice them is at sunset from our experience, we are going again the first of FEB. The wind is usually coming in and that keeps them away. Have a great time!
Posted By: Jen O Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/18/01 01:02 AM
Hey Thanks fellow Minnesotans!
I also am going soon, 13 days to be exact!!
Cannot wait....
I couldnt beleive it when I tuned in to Temptation Island last week, I had no idea it was filmed there.
Where do you guys stay down there? Any recommendations on what to do?

[This message has been edited by Jen O (edited 01-17-2001).]
Posted By: MIBAC Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/18/01 08:56 PM
We leave on Feb 1st (might be the same flight) There is ton of stuff to do if you like realaxing, fidhing, snorkeling and not having any pressure put on you at all. I would snorkel with Alphonse for sure he is the best. Go to both shark ray alley and Hol chan both are well worth the trip and if you are really daring try the niight snorkel, we did it and it was awesome. If you like late nights we went out dancing a couple of times and that was pretty wild. Are you going with a big group?
Posted By: govikes Re: Mosquitoes? - 01/18/01 11:50 PM
Hey Jen O - e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll give you some names/places to check out.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board