AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sun Bunny Just Got Back From San Pedro (Review) - 01/16/01 09:29 PM
We were in San Pedro for 8 days 7 nights at Casa Tortuga Villa. It was wonderful and our cook Maria made the best food. Our cost was about $30 dollars a day for 3 big meals.
On Sunday our group went diving at Tackle Box and Tres Cocos and had to come in because it started raining. Not to bad but one of us got sick because of the waves.
Monday we went Snorkeling at Mexico Rocks with Alfonso. He is the best...he gets so excited about what he does and showed us everything. We even saw 3 spotted eagle rays. Talk about beautiful!
On Tuesday we took a hour boat ride to the Turneffe Islands and went diving and snorkeling. We saw so many colorful fish and even saw some dolphins on the way back.
Wednesday we went to Shark Ray Alley / Hol Chan with Alfonso again. This was the most amazing thing! Our group swam with sting rays and nurse sharks. What an experience. Our group also did a night dive there.
Thurdsday we took it easy and went bike riding into town. I can't believe how safe it is on that island. People are so friendly and remembered my name. In the shops you aren't haggled to buy their merchandise. They just let you look. People are so laid back. Some of the divers in our group went diving and brought up some Conch shells and our cook prepared them for us. They were tasty!
Friday was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Carlos (He is also the Dive Master) took us on a Jungle Tour. We only paid $100 and it included lunch and lots of Rum Punch! Well worth the money. We took a boat ride to Belize City and on the way we stopped at the place where there were 3 or 4 manatees swimming around. We also got to see iguanas, crocidiles, monkeys, lots of different birds including tucans, and two dolphins followed us. We had a bus pick us up and went to Al Tun Ha Mayan temple ruins. It was an adventure through the rainforest.
That night we went out on the town and went dancing. Lots of fun for the last night.
Posted By: lmarquis Re: Just Got Back From San Pedro (Review) - 01/17/01 12:10 AM
Sounds like a great trip and you saw lots of wildlife, which I am interested in. Although I do not dive, I am an avid snorkeler on vacation, so it sounds like there is a lot to see! (and of course, the rum punch).
Posted By: Sun Bunny Re: Just Got Back From San Pedro (Review) - 01/17/01 04:55 PM
I don't dive either, but everyone else in my group does. When they would dive I would just snorkel. If no one dives there are plenty of snorkeling trips to go on. We paid Alfonso $25 and we went on 2 different trips and we snorkeled about an hour each time. That is when we saw the most. Shark Ray Alley is a must do. It is only for snorkeling anyway and you will see so much! When I get my pictures back I will be making a web site for people to see. The Jungle Tour is a must do to see all the wild life and it was so fun!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board