AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Rubba Guide to Zoo and Jaguar Paw - 01/18/01 08:48 PM
Hey all.
Last August I used a guide named "Maurice" to go visit Jaguar Paw and the Zoo. Does anybody know this guy??? He picked us up at Municipal and gave us an awesome tour.
If anyone has contact info for him, or can recommend another cool guide for tubing and the like, pls lemme know.
Comin' in 5 wks.... stock the bars, all!!!!
-Rubba
Posted By: pnowell Re: Guide to Zoo and Jaguar Paw - 01/18/01 10:55 PM
Hi!
His name is Maurice Bernard-excellent tour guide-very knowledgeable with Belize. I hve used him twice on my visits and would rec. him to anyone. The # I have is 4 yrs. old hope is still correct. 501-2-31153 or 501-2-30909. If not try the Belize Audubon Society for #. Have a great time!! We will be there mid-April can't wait [Linked Image] Might have to try a blue drink this time [Linked Image]
Posted By: Rubba Re: Guide to Zoo and Jaguar Paw - 01/19/01 06:21 AM
Yeeaahhh... thats it.... "Bernard"
couldnt remember that name.
(must've been b/c of the Blue Drinks)
Thanks for the info!!!
Posted By: Beenznrice Re: Guide to Zoo and Jaguar Paw - 01/21/01 09:42 AM
Rubba, you said you went to Belize in August right? Well, I'm planning on visiting AC in July and I was wondering how the weather there is in the summer. I hear it's hurricane season there. Did you have any trouble?
Posted By: Rubba Re: Guide to Zoo and Jaguar Paw - 01/21/01 09:54 PM
Well, we had no trouble with storms and the like. I dunno if we just got lucky, or what. It is very hot though, so be sure to get a unit with AC (fan just wont cut it in the summer). Bugs were a problem, tho. Lots of 'em. I understand that it is hit or miss with the bugs, but it was really unbearable for us. At dusk, it was very hard to sit outside b/c you were contantly being bitten. But hey.... the rates are a lot cheaper!
PS My PR girlfriend loves your name..haha
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board