AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dinosar diet cola availability - 01/20/01 01:13 AM
one of our party members is a fierce diet cola addict. Is this product available in bars and stores on AC and the mainland? I know it seems trivial but any bit of info would be welcome. Thanks.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: diet cola availability - 01/20/01 02:07 AM
When I first started coming to Belize 10 or 12 years ago Diet Cokes and other diet drinks weren't available. Now they are sold in most groceries and at most bars and restaurants.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: dphil56 Re: diet cola availability - 01/20/01 02:10 AM
I know my girlfriend drank one at a restaurant, but I don't remember which one(Estel's, maybe). We never tried to buy any at the gro. store. I'd be willing to bet that they have it.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: diet cola availability - 01/20/01 04:30 AM
Diet Coke is an imported product, available about 80% of the time, but when we're out we're out! Then we have to wait 'till another batch shows up. At least we're all in the same boat.
Posted By: MAZZA Re: diet cola availability - 01/22/01 03:11 PM
I never had any probs finding diet coke to go with my rum - but they only seem to sell them in those small bottles (even in the supermarkets) and so it does help the bartenders to have a couple of drinks so that they don't have to waste whatever's left in the bottle! A good excuse to have another rum! Only place where they did appear to stop stocking it because it wasn't "cost effective" was at Carusos. That may have changed now (I was there in December and it was just pre-season and still getting things up to scratch for the season, so things may have settled down now).
Hope this helps!
Posted By: Jericco Re: diet cola availability - 01/22/01 04:34 PM
There are "diet colas" and THEN there is Diet Pepsi. The war will always continue on that front! Being a Diet Pepsi freak, I was horrified to discover that Coke has the market. So if your friend prefers Pepsi, bring your own!
Posted By: caribbean soul Re: diet cola availability - 01/22/01 05:15 PM
No problem finding Diet Coke in the groceries,...sometimes you had to stop at a couple. Someone always had them. I ran into problems at several restaurants offering only regular coke,..and snorkle tours offer only regular softdrinks and the Bagged water.My Husband was thrilled to find Mountain Dew on the island. He's a real DEW freak and we have never found it in the Virgins or Mexico/Cozumel, or anywhere else we have traveled. No Diet Dew.
Posted By: Dinosar Re: diet cola availability - 01/22/01 05:39 PM
Thank you everyone. The addict has stopped hyperventilating and all is fine again. So rum connaisseurs : what is the scoop on the local rum(s)? - tasty or paint stripper? [Linked Image])
Posted By: fred Re: diet cola availability - 01/22/01 08:55 PM
local rum goes from mild,spicy(one Barrel) to absolutely ZESTEEEE

its all good mon
Posted By: MAZZA Re: diet cola availability - 01/23/01 05:04 PM
Local rum is the best, Man! And the Belikin beer is great too!
Posted By: caribbean soul Re: diet cola availability - 01/23/01 05:54 PM
Rum from mild, to Coconut, to 190 Paint stripper. Find your pleasure.
Posted By: pnowell Re: diet cola availability - 01/24/01 03:37 AM
Thanks for the diet update-I'm diabetic so probably should bring my own. It's a pain to go to another country and have to worry about stuff like that -but i will enjoy AC anyway. Can't wait [Linked Image]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board