AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: kcsikora Did the barge sink? - 01/22/01 06:46 AM
There was a post here Jan 16 or 18 about the noise from the barge near the Corona del Mar & Coconuts. It had a Thumbs Down symbol, and was titled Don't stay there, or something.
I wonder why it is no longer here. If this message board is to be legitimate, I think the good and the bad reviews should be aired.
Maybe I'm just missing the posting??
Was curious, as to others experiences in that area of the beach.
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Did the barge sink? - 01/22/01 01:42 PM
You gotta be kidding. Any time I stayed at Coconuts and the barge came in, it was a hoot. We used to use it for entertainment. Wait for the front end loader to miss the ramp and stuff like that... splash. Best beach bar in the area for good conversation, relaxation and nice bartenders... Margie and Ada.

**Jim
Posted By: Rubba Re: Did the barge sink? - 01/22/01 05:52 PM
Yep. I hafta agree with you KC. I saw that post too, and I got a little concerned b/c I'm booked at Corona in late Feb. I've a feeling it was taken off too, and thats not right. Although Im sure the barge traffic will subside substantially by the time I get there, the post should've remained.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Did the barge sink? - 01/22/01 09:38 PM
We have stayed directly south of the barge for the past ten trips. We have viewed it mainly as entertainment, and you can count on something hysterically funny happening every hour or so. And, afer a couple of Lil' Margies special beverage treats at Coconut's Beach Bar you won't much care about the barge anyway. That's the way it goes in SP.

In all candor we have also been active in a grassroots effort to get the landing where it belongs...on the lagoon side. There seems to finally be some progress in that direction (not just idle speculation as in the past).
Posted By: Tammi Re: Did the barge sink? - 01/24/01 05:00 AM
That info sounds great ChooChoo. We own one of the units at Coral Bay. The barge is really a non-entity except for the entertainment. It would, however, be more appropriate to have it on the lagoon side. I know people have been working on it for a long time but the local government just doesn't look at it like a tourist does. I'll be there in less than two weeks so as I sit on my porch and drink a Beliken I'll give the barge and the entertainers a toast for you. Here's hoping for a good splash.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board