AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: asmooch CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 01/23/01 06:12 PM
HAS ANYONE OUT THERE STAYED HERE AT THE CARIBE ISLAND RESORT? CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION?
Posted By: Big Frank Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 01/23/01 06:14 PM
I have-- the only drawback is that it is 3 mile from town. They have free bikes and a shuttle at 6p
A fair value with a cool staff and clientele. Full service dive shop
A heckuva rum punch too!
Posted By: asmooch Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 01/23/01 07:06 PM
BIG FRANK: THANKS FOR THE INFO...ONE OF THE REASONS I DID CHOOSE THIS RESORT IS BECAUSE IT IS AWAY FROM TOWN. BUT IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE A FANTASTIC RUM PUNCH..THIS VACATION IS A SNOOZE/BOOZE/SNORKEL FEST FOR MY HUSBAND AND I WHO HAVE NOT BEEN AWAY ALONE TOGETHER IN 12 YEARS!!! PEACE AND QUIET IS THE NAME OF THE GAME..THANKS AGAIN. DID YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HORSEBACK RIDING?
Posted By: Big Frank Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 01/23/01 07:17 PM
No, I don't. I think that may only be offered on the mainland. The beaches are not wide Califonia or Jersey beaches. the jungle and or mangroves come rightto the waterline.
Posted By: Karen Pasquariello Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 01/24/01 04:25 AM
No horseriding on the island but Banana Bank Lodge in the Cayo district has great riding through the jungle. You could do a day trip there.
Posted By: seashell Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/01/01 09:02 AM
What is it like to stay at Banana Banks? If you are not interested in horses, what other activities do they offer? Are they resonable priced?
Posted By: diveron Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/01/01 08:34 PM
I have stayed there as well. Very nice beach and a really nice neiborhood. Great staff. 3 miles from town suited me just fine! Cabs are 12 - 14 BZE each way. A golf cart would be nice. Have fun!!!

[This message has been edited by diveron (edited 12-02-2001).]
Posted By: seashell Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/02/01 10:59 AM
diveron, are you talking about Banana Beach on Ambergris or Banana Banks on the mainland?
Posted By: diveron Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/02/01 07:48 PM
Sorry,

I should have said which one. I was reffering to Caribe.
Posted By: Tammi Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/03/01 05:44 AM
Seashell--We stayed a couple nights at Banana Bank last month. Were doing dental and medical work in a little village called Valley of Peace near there. Have been there several times. John and Carolyn Carr run a unique place there. The wildlife you see is unbelievable and thats before you go into the jungle. They even have a jaguar there named Tika. John will take you in the enclosure for some up close and personal pictures. Went on a horseback ride through the jungle before we left to go back to AC. What a ride. Guaranteed not to be a boring walk on old nags. Banana Bank is also near cave tubing and the zoo. Well worth a couple day side trip to see. Carolyn is an excellent artist with a studio there and they also have a great collection of Mayan artifacts they found on the grounds. Highly recommended
Posted By: seashell Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/03/01 06:27 AM
Thanks! I'm getting pretty excited. I won't be riding any horses, I'm pretty sure. That's not for me. What sort of clothes and footwear do you think I'll need to take? Will I need to take anything special that I wouldn't have for Ambergris? For example, I normally don't take any long pants with me, or jackets and no sneakers or anything like that. Will it get cool in the evenings?
Posted By: aqtpie2 Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/03/01 03:27 PM
ASMOOCH: We stayed at Caribe Island for the past 2 years. We love it there. We chose it because it was farther from town, yet we could hope a taxi up there really easy. The staff is super! The rooms, spacious and comfotable with A/C. You will love it!

SEASHELL: On our last trip, a month ago, we spent time in the jungle and headed over to Banana Bank for a trip horseback riding. The Carr's do run a lovely place there. They can offer you other day trips that you cna do in that area. I know cave tubing was mentioned, but they can also offer you any trips that Ian Anderson's Cave's Branch offers. (And that I HIGHLY reccommend!) If you do choose to stay at Banana Bank, their grounds are just gorgeous adn I am sure you would have a wonderful time, there is so much wildlife all around you.
Posted By: aqtpie2 Re: CARIBE ISLAND RESORT - 12/03/01 03:34 PM
PS: I forgot to say if your going to Banaan Bank... Bring long pants, long sleeved lightweight shirt adn 100% DEET. Them pesky bugs LOVE Deep Woods OFF. We were fine with teh 100% DEET. But you defenitley need it!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board