AmbergrisCaye.com Home

HD TV Antennas

Posted By: Go South

HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 02:35 AM

Anyone have any luck with a HD antenna for TV on the island or is the source too far away, if there is a tower in Belize? confused
Posted By: SimonB

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 11:57 AM

TV signal here is satellite distributed by cable.

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 04:34 PM

Unfortunately the quality of the picture suffers, however, I guess that would be better than nothing.

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 05:08 PM

120+ channels for $22US a month including most premium channels...I'm not complaining.

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 09:47 PM

I wasn't aware that Coral Cable provided that many channels. Great price, much better than what most companies are charging.
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 10:58 PM

Lots of options for programming.....we use both Coral Cable and an Apple TV box ....Monthly with unlimited Netflix on the Apple box is $7.99 USD..... Gives us more than we can choose from..... That coupled with a DVD player and high quality movies on disc for just $5 each from our local movie shop.....Sure beats the $199 package from Direct TV we use to have in the States.......Hope this helps... smile
Posted By: awhatukeeguy

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 11:24 PM

That's what we use Judyann, the only thing we don't get is live network news from NBC, CBS and ABC. But we get that on the web.
Posted By: Canuk

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/24/15 11:55 PM

What internet speed do you use to get Netflix

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/25/15 11:40 AM

4 Meg

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/25/15 07:10 PM

OK, thanks for the help
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: HD TV Antennas - 06/25/15 10:17 PM

Our Internet Service Provider is BTL at 1mg .....awhatukeeguy, we don't see much news however Coral Cable does provide all the news channels using the New York feed. From CNN to all the other 3-letter words out there......We found we have more peace of mind without news from around the world.....Between our local papers/internet/this board and the Coconut Wire we usually know the good-bad-ugly of it all....And the rest is just blissful ignorance... wink
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board