AmbergrisCaye.com Home

DIY bonefishin'

Posted By: zing

DIY bonefishin' - 07/26/15 01:14 AM

plannin' on a trip down this winter, end of Jan. Is there any DIY bonefishin' available that you can reach via a bike or golf cart out of san pedro? I'm just a poor fishin' guide from Minnesota, I can catch em if there is someplace to go. Anybody want to go fishin'??
Posted By: Maya House

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/26/15 06:15 PM

We rent a kayak that is designed for fishing, called the Freedom Hawk. Here's a link to a video of the type of kayak I'm referring to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfp1Rp_tmwQ
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/27/15 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by zing
plannin' on a trip down this winter, end of Jan. Is there any DIY bonefishin' available that you can reach via a bike or golf cart out of san pedro? I'm just a poor fishin' guide from Minnesota, I can catch em if there is someplace to go. Anybody want to go fishin'??

Wade out in the flats in the San Ramon - Mata Grande area. Bonies are all over the place! About 4 miles north of town.
Posted By: JEL

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/27/15 07:02 PM

Secret Beach has tons of bonefish with mullet also.
Posted By: collyk

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/27/15 07:30 PM

And the good news is that you can now get sports fishing licenses easily online from the CZMAI. Sports Fishing Licenses online
Posted By: Welland

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/28/15 09:34 PM

Do you need a license if you plan to fish for grouper, snapper or any other fish you plan to eat?
Posted By: Wizardofaahs

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/28/15 11:54 PM

Unless you are fishing off a dock you need a license.
Posted By: Welland

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/29/15 12:22 AM

thanks
Posted By: Golfr

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 07/29/15 04:56 PM

Zing, drop me a PM. Happy to help you out.

Full time fly fishing nut and San Pedro resident here.
Posted By: zing

Re: DIY bonefishin' - 08/01/15 02:10 PM

where do you rent the yak from? thanks
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board