AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Businesss Opportunity

Posted By: JEL

Businesss Opportunity - 09/02/15 04:52 PM

Hello Forum,

I am just wondering if there is anybody who would be interested in opening a bar/restaurant on the Westside of AC. I understand that there is a lot of traffic on the Westside now and opening a bar would be an excellent idea. Start before anything else gets established.
Posted By: BZ Bound

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/04/15 01:40 AM

I thought about something like that, but I just wonder if there's enough traffic to sustain it.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/04/15 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by BZ Bound
I thought about something like that, but I just wonder if there's enough traffic to sustain it.

Or water and power to operate it .....

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/04/15 07:38 PM

Power will be simple and so will water...

Solar for power and rain water for cooking etc.. We could also use Water jugs.
Posted By: Decompression

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/05/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by JEL
Power will be simple and so will water...

Solar for power and rain water for cooking etc.. We could also use Water jugs.

Definetly not simple nor cheap. And sewage?

Best of luck

DC
Posted By: elbert

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/05/15 11:49 PM

A simple home maybe but commercial needs will be a stumbling block.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/06/15 01:14 AM

I already have the structure in place.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/06/15 10:42 AM

My wife and I have a lot one spot back from the beach. We just not prepared to move yet. If we knew it would make money, that would be different, but you never know.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/06/15 10:49 AM

The secret beach is trashed already .... Sad to see.
Posted By: Kevin & Tanya

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
The secret beach is trashed already .... Sad to see.

Why is it trashed?

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 11:59 AM

We would be interested in opening a Brick Oven Pizza restaurant!
Thoughts?
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 12:28 PM

It's hard to keep track of all the pizza places and restaurants that serve pizza already. Try to find something we don't already have and create your own niche. How about a really good Indian, a sandwich shop or a chip shop.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SimonB
It's hard to keep track of all the pizza places and restaurants that serve pizza already. Try to find something we don't already have and create your own niche. How about a really good Indian, a sandwich shop or a chip shop.

BARBEQUE north side !

DC
Posted By: cristinakj

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 05:54 PM

How about offering meatball subs, Stromboli, Calzones and Garlic knots? smile

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 06:24 PM

How about Philly cheese steaks? The thing is you have to find something Belizians would embrace too.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 07:27 PM

It's interesting you say that....

I've been studying (and spoken to a few people about) Belizean foods. I know rice and beans are considered a staple there but ultimately I'd like to have my own homestead and my own meats.

Thing is:
I don't see a lot on beef or pork, really, in Belizean foods. I know there is some but it seems to be predominantly chicken and seafood. Is there a reason(s) for this? Not sure if you'd know but just thought I'd ask.

By the way, Philly steak and cheese are really not that great, in my opinion. You really never know what you're gonna get. A good Cuban sandwich, though... oh my! They don't sell Cuban bread up here so I've had to make my own. It still wasn't as good as the ones in the south!
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 08:33 PM

Mmmmmmmm it all sounds good....I'm getting hungry....Cristinakj.....Feel free to send me an email.... I can help answer some of these questions....I've been the Executive Chef at the Black Orchid Restaurant for 3 years +... The biggest challenge always is product....That is why we make everything we can in house..... Of course we don't grow our pigs or cows...... wink I'm sure I'd end up naming them and never have the heart to make a meal out of them.......My email address is [email protected]

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 08:40 PM

Wraps, with various kinds of tortillas.
You can go wild with fillings and please carnivores and vegans alike.
Serve with a side of sweet-potato fries please.
Posted By: Pozzuoli42

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/07/15 09:59 PM

Hi I am new in the forum and I am living abroad but just read this and my dream ..if I could open a business,
a

Small espresso bar with small Italian delicacies, such as zeppoline, parmigiama di Melanzane ,italian panna cotta, italian meatballs...homemade icecreme, zucchine frittate ..a small Osteria italiana...but that is only a dream of my thoughts...
Whats about a typical bio and gluten free restaurant with natural wooden playing area for the kids and babysitter?

A fair trade shop with a small restaurant

whole foods restaurant............

Greetings from Seaham, UK

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/08/15 02:26 AM

A really good Roti shop would go down better.
Posted By: Shyboy

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/08/15 02:38 AM

I'll put my order in for Peking Duck.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/09/15 08:41 AM

lol I was wondering if they eat duck in Belize. Can't make Peking duck, but I can do a mean stir fry and an awesome egg foo yung. smile

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/09/15 04:17 PM

So I have read a lot of great ideas. I have the structure and the dock on the Westside so lets put some of these ideas to a GREAT use.

We can do a Palapa style bar/restaurant on the Westside serving finger foods as well as BBQ and Roti.

Lets have the 1st establishment.
Posted By: Bing Crosby

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/09/15 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by cristinakj
It's interesting you say that....

I've been studying (and spoken to a few people about) Belizean foods. I know rice and beans are considered a staple there but ultimately I'd like to have my own homestead and my own meats.

Thing is:
I don't see a lot on beef or pork, really, in Belizean foods. I know there is some but it seems to be predominantly chicken and seafood. Is there a reason(s) for this? Not sure if you'd know but just thought I'd ask.
I cant imagine a reason, it seems like AC would be a great place to raisw cattle, all that pasture land and all.
By the way, Philly steak and cheese are really not that great, in my opinion. You really never know what you're gonna get. A good Cuban sandwich, though... oh my! They don't sell Cuban bread up here so I've had to make my own. It still wasn't as good as the ones in the south!

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/16/15 06:56 PM

I'm still looking for all that pasture land on the island for cattle grazing. ;-)

DC

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/16/15 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Decompression
I'm still looking for all that pasture land on the island for cattle grazing. ;-)

DC

Je je je je
Posted By: seashell

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/17/15 08:09 AM

christinakj may not have meant to have a spread on Ambergris, so there's no reason to be mean about it.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/17/15 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by seashell
christinakj may not have meant to have a spread on Ambergris, so there's no reason to be mean about it.

Wasn't trying to be mean seashell. Just what I thought was a light hearted joke.
My apologies.

DC

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/17/15 06:05 PM

That's the way I took it.. I'm glad I held my tongue (fingers) as I was going to point out the abundance of "grass" in the water. I decided somebody would take me seriously and talk about cow pies fouling the waters edge and beach.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/26/15 02:16 PM

You folks all have really great ideas! So what's stopping ya. Who is first.
I still gotta sell my winery up here in Indiana.
No, I am not opening a winery in Belize. Grapes do not grow in the tropics.
I know, papaya, mango, pineapple wines. No.
I will get to Belize and you folks will have all the good spots and ideas taken. So, my wife and I can visit your places and spend our money in our retirement.

Cheers,

Kevin

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/26/15 05:09 PM

My thoughts exactly. Small world Kevin. I live about 5 miles from you in Mccordsville.
Posted By: RobertJ

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/26/15 05:48 PM

"Future failures are rooted in unrealistic dreams"

Good luck.

(Any idea how many food concessions fail?)

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/26/15 06:04 PM

Though Robert is a little too blunt, many forum users are thinking the same thing. I'm "borrowing" this line from Judyann .. " If you want to make a million dollars, bring down two million". Maybe we can stifle your enthusiasm with a chuckle.

"Item last: be careful out there"

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/27/15 11:11 AM

Emory King, "if you want to make a small fortune in Belize......Bring a big one!"
Emory was a man rich in character, proud to have known him.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/27/15 11:15 AM

Ambergris Caye is changing and I wouldn't discourage anyone from starting up a new business here. There is no limit to creative ideas and the new road has opened up possibilities for a great many.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/29/15 08:24 PM

Wouldn't a food and beverage service require easy access to clean water?

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 09/29/15 09:07 PM

and that can be a big setback. Making you own clean water is expensive.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 10/03/15 03:35 AM

Catch the rain water and I would be able to bring down UV lights that sterilize the water as well as a filtration device for dirty cheap from here in Canada.

People laughed at the first person who made the microwave or even the first hotel on AC when there was nothing.
Posted By: Bear

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 10/03/15 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SimonB
A really good Roti shop would go down better.

OMG would it ever! I remember this little shack on the beach in Bequia that was the beginning of this addiction...spoke with the owner at Boogie's and they told me to visit Tuesdays...they mentioned they make them with Mondays leftover chicken curry...or were at the time.

Re: Businesss Opportunity - 10/03/15 10:20 PM

Thanks for the tip.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board