AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Axeman Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 02:56 AM
Well folks,
Thanks for all the words of wisdom!!
I got my tickets reserved today with Mars travel,
$503 from Washington DC. They get a 10 on the price rateing...very nice people...

Ok...now for the next battery of Questions...

1. Where does Barefoot play...and what can I bring him from the US that will make him smile...I know he lost his mom and I wanted feedback from those who know him.
2.Got a price from Blue Hole tours for a package deal 12 dives, 9 days lodgeing at Coconuts. $1000 US...does that sound high to you all?
Any comments about Coconuts?
Have any of you lost luggage otw the San Pedro. I'm bringing expensive Dive gear and would DIE if I lost it. Any suggestions?
3. Do the small planes have a limit on how many bags you bring? I'll have 3 total...
4. Anyone have any feed back on Dive Shops,
ie: Walk ups..or should I reserve in advance?
Who would you find the most fun? I'm going alone so I plan on being adventurous!!! Night Dive is for sure!!!
5. Anyone wishing to hook up please let me know. I've been diveing for 20 years on and off.
6. Cash or travelers checks....which is preferred by the locals...
more to come....God I'm excited....can ya tell?
Mark
Posted By: CaroleLB Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 05:05 AM
3 bags!!! and it's thought women pack heavy! I'm just toting a plastic Shop Rite bag in one hand and a bottle o'rum in the other.

I have no idea how much dives cost but I've booked (direct) Coconuts (4/19-30) at $60/nite for a single - but with all your bags you'd probably be charged at least double.

I haven't booked a flight yet, how'd you contact Mars Travel? When I plugged it into Google all I got was trips to Mars!!!
we will b there April 14-24th...Holiday Hotel....Easter Sunat the Palapa Bar North of the cut Great fun to be had by ALL!! Will b there on AC by 2:00pm on Sat.!
Posted By: Chloe Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 06:03 AM
TOOO FUNNY
Posted By: seashell Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 07:35 AM
Are they including your return airfare from BC to SP?
Posted By: Debbie Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 04:42 PM
CaroleB
Mars travel can be contacted at the following numbers.
toll free 1-888-702-4242
direct to the Houston main office is:
1-713-978-6277

On the net they are known as flycheapol.com
Try any of these. They are SUPER!!
Debbie
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 04:50 PM
I was told that there is a two bag minimum, and a weight issue, esp for the puddle jumper. I guess if it weighs too much, they will send it over on the next flight. Just something you may want to be aware of.
Posted By: CaroleLB Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/08/01 05:55 PM
Thanks Debbie - I had a feeling they were one in the same.
Posted By: Axeman Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/09/01 01:24 AM
Wow R&C I Get TO MEET you!!!!!!...your the ones who made my mind up. After reading the board and listening to you all I decided......ain't life great!!!!
Flight does Not include Hop from Intl to SP...
Posted By: Dallas Dave Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/09/01 02:38 AM
Skinny plays Ramones on Tuesday nights 6 to 10. Fidos Thursday, Friday, Monday, 8 to 12. You can carry three bags no sweat. Hell I brought over a Christmas tree last December. You might have to wait on the next flight but thats no big deal. Coconuts deal sounds square to me. You can do better...you can do worse. Look up Roland O'Conner for an expert diver in these waters. Above all have fun!
Axeman, that's great!! We will be celebrating a couple of birthdays. If you can, meet us at Holiday Hotel bar around 7-8 pm on 18th...it's Sandshaker's B-day as well as a couple we met last night that will be down!!! you're gonna have a blast!! to bad you won't be there for our Easter howdown!! They will still do "Jam Session" on the following Sunday...Barefoot will be there!!
Posted By: Axeman Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/10/01 07:10 AM
Well tonight I sent request papers for Coconuts to book me me for 9 delightful days.
I will see ya between 7 and 8...will be the one with the hat that says WARBIRDS on it.
Till then I will be counting the days!!!!
we'll be the 2 sitting at the bar...Rick wears a "pirate " patch over his left eye...car accident in 96. Still plays a mean game of pool, though!
Posted By: Axeman Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/10/01 06:24 PM
Great..I think I'll need a beer when I get there...By the Way...what service are you useing from the mainland to the island?
Posted By: John G Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/10/01 07:36 PM
I have found that if the flight is full and you have a lot of weight in your bags that a small tip will assure that someone elses bags are left behind not yours. I was told it is good to reserve space on a dive boat but pre payment is not required though I have heard nothing bad about any operators there. Enjoy!
John
We've been different ways! Will go by Tropic Air this trip...as well as many other trips. If you think you might want to go by boat, let us know, we'll try and hook you up! We put 15 boxes on a boat last trip...a personal friend/fisherman/guide.
Posted By: rickcheri Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/11/01 08:15 AM
Hey Axeman--

Answers to some of you questions.. Take tropic from the Internation airport.. Coconuts can book that that for you with a reservation. It cost about 86us for a round trip... they can plan it for when you flight arrives and leaves, and you can pay for it when you arrive at the hotel...
2nd--Alot to do on the island, one thing is that you really don't need to dive on the inside of the reef unless you want to. You can snorkle this.. You also only need 1 bag for clothes, because you won't wear any, and 1 for you dive gear... Don't take too much cause you won't need it... You will probally never wear shoes there,, We don't.. You'll need shorts, a few t-shirts and your under clothes and That is It....
4 and 5 Take half in travlers checks and half in cash... As far as stuff being lost, On our first trip ever to the island, American lost our luggage out of Maimi and when it arrived the 3rd day we were there the people of Belize sent it to the island and put it in our room... That was Great.. I don't know any country that would do that...
Ok if you have any other questions email us [email protected] We'll see you there...Take care... Rick and Cheri
Posted By: Axeman Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/11/01 07:43 PM
Well, started packing..Dive gear is in...screw the clothes..hehe...But then again then don't approve of nekid do they?Well gonna pack T's to give away...2 nice shirts 3 shorts...underclothes...????? who uses that stuff? oh ya...ladies do...
Friggin Postal to leave right now!!!!!!WAAAAHOOOO
Sunday you are with us... Easter, you'll have a great time, We fly in on the 14th, meet us at the Holiday, they know us, just ask!!! Rick
Posted By: Axeman Re: Coming Apr 18>27 YAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO - 03/12/01 03:00 PM
R&C...I don't get into AC till the 18th...but the following Sunday you can bank on it..I'm positive we will see each other long before then, I'll be dropping by the Holiday as soon as I drop my bags...sometime around 2:30pm.
I'll be the guy wondering around with his mouth open. Plan on wearing a tank top with a funny dive saying on it...hope no one gets offended. Hate to start my stay off with a scene...
it's the one that says "see dick dive, see dick dive deep, see dick get bent...don't be a dick"...think it will be ok?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board