AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: John N The Palms - 03/11/01 12:16 AM
Have reservations at the Palms for first week in July. They don't maintain a current website but I hear it is a fine place. Who has any experiences with the Palms?
Posted By: Fishermac Re: The Palms - 03/11/01 01:17 AM
I stasyed therte last march and will be returning the the palms the 30th of march. Great place, nice people great location everything u wioll ever need
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: The Palms - 03/11/01 02:44 AM
We get almost nothing but positive comments about The Palms at Belize First magazine, and I rarely see anything but praise for it on the Internet.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Posted By: lances Re: The Palms - 03/12/01 08:03 PM
We stayed at the Palms Feb 17 thru 24 and loved it. You do have to put up with some inconvience now because the owner of the lot behind the Palms is doing some construction and you can't get to the Palms from the street in back directly. You have to go thru a narrow walkway next to the Belizean Reef. A real pain if you are carrying your own baggage. The only access if from the beach.
The were just completing work on the upper floors and had a few minor glitches (no mirror in the loft bath, etc.) but nothing serious. The people were very helpful and we had a marvelous stay. Other than the access problem.....
Posted By: maryM Re: The Palms - 03/13/01 08:43 PM
My husband and I have stayed at the Palms 3 times in the past 4 years. Last trip was during H Keith. Have stayed in 1bdrm + den, 2bdrm, and the Cassita. Cassita is my favorite. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful - will book trips and call distributor for belikins. During Hurricane, they kept us well informed and were extremely generous to the locals. Since it is directly next to Ramon's - you can use their beach which is one of the best. The Palms is my second home.
Posted By: Scott Re: The Palms - 03/14/01 04:33 AM
My family stayed at The Palms last summer and loved it. We had a third floor 2/bdrm and it's perfect for two couples or family. One bdrm is up and the master down so everyone has their privacy. The view from the top floor is wonderful, too. Staff got us fishing guides, booked a trip to the mainland and did a great job for the whole week. Be sure to snorkel at Hol Chan or you will miss out on a great time!
Posted By: SBW Re: The Palms - 03/15/01 02:41 PM
Is "The Palms" on AC..the same as "The Palms Condominium"?...a group of high school kids are coming down to spend a week near Belize City helping to build a home with the local Habitat for Humanity chapter. After the week working they will go out to AC for a few days of R&R,23&24 March, before returning home. They are supposed to be staying at a place called the Palms Condominiums...but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there might be several lodging spots with "Palms" in their name...
TIA

[This message has been edited by SBW (edited 03-15-2001).]
Posted By: Scott Re: The Palms - 03/17/01 05:51 AM
TIA...

When people refer to "The Palms" on Ambergris Caye, it is The Palms comdominiums they are referring to. It is a relatively small building, tho, with (I believe) 6 or 7 units. It is a GREAT place to stay and should serve the students perfectly.

Scott
Posted By: rohrig Re: The Palms - 03/17/01 08:27 PM
TIA-
IF YOU ARE AT THE PALMS ON MARCH 23-24 I WILL BE NEXT DOOR IN THE BELIZEAN REEF. EMAIL AT [email protected]
Posted By: SBW Re: The Palms - 03/17/01 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies...I won't be there but my 2 sons will...Miles and Jesse...
TIA...= thanks in advance.... [Linked Image]
I'll contact the Palms and leave them an e- mail....they are probably having to0 much fun to think much about us ....so I'll send the E-mail in their dogs name ,Nina as if it where from her....I know they miss their dog.... [Linked Image]
Posted By: jlslks Re: The Palms - 03/17/01 10:19 PM
John N.....
We are going July 1--8, staying at Mata Rocks.. Maybe we can meet & have a drink..
What airline are you flying?? We are flying AA out of Dallas.My e-mail ([email protected])
Posted By: Scott Re: The Palms - 03/18/01 01:15 AM
Hey, John N... I've been trying to find decent airfare from DFW to Belize City for later in July but am having no luck... What fare did you get and thru whom? I live in Tulsa and to save money we drive to DFW. Last year I got $406 pp fares from DFW to BC but am finding fares over $700 pp this time!!
Thanks for any info..
Scott
Posted By: mendi Re: The Palms - 03/18/01 02:04 AM
Hi Scott,
I'm not John but try www.flycheapol.com
they are a travel agency (Mars Travel) in Houston and are great at finding good deals if they are available. I booked my tickets through them for $448rt incl. taxes from NY.
Good luck!
Posted By: Mary and Scott Re: The Palms - 03/18/01 02:28 AM
Mendi...do you know how far ahead flycheap will quote fares? We are going to AC in September, and last year we paid $665.00/ person from Louisville, KY to Houston then on to Belize City. Booked it through our travel agent.Would love to pay less! Thanks.
Posted By: mendi Re: The Palms - 03/18/01 07:59 AM
Hi Mary and Scott,
I don't know how far in advance you can check fares through them because I always seem to book my tickets pretty close to the date I travel. I purchased my tickets about a month in advance, but a girlfriend who decided to join us booked hers two weeks after that. Go to their website and make a fare request with your dates and they will give you a price by automated email w/ a phone number for you to follow up with. Or you can just call them directly (their number is on the site). They are really helpful and definitely saved me $$$, as my search of sites and travel agents resulted in nothing lower than $700 for my dates.
Have fun on your trip, we will be in AC a week from today and can't wait...
[Linked Image]
Tara
Posted By: jlslks Re: The Palms - 03/18/01 03:06 PM
Scott-- Mary & Scott-- John N--
Guess there is more than one John & Scott(ha-ha).... I;m John S. ...We Booked our entire trip thru AA Vacations so don't know how much airfare was.... Our package iccludes air from DFW to BC... BC to SP (both round trip) and Room.8 days for little over $900...
-mail me if you like and I'll answer any ???.
Posted By: Kruman Re: The Palms - 03/26/01 05:09 AM
Hello -
This is a late reply to your message about The Palms, but I was just staying there from the 11th to the 21st! My parents own two of the units! There are 13 total and it's a great place. You don't have to walk through to the beach anymore to get to it, there is an entrance off the street now. (Hopefully that won't change again. . .). You should be confident in a decision to stay there. The staff will make you feel very welcome, they can get almost any request filled and the fact that Ramon's is right next door really is an asset! We spend a lot of time over there. If you have any questions for them, please just send them off an e-mail: [email protected] and you should get an answer quickly. I know that I am plugging for them, but you really would enjoy a stay there. Every comfort of home. . .with a much better view of the barrier reef!
Good luck in whatever you do,

Jen Kruman
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board