AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: elbert Longtime resident Peter Jones found deceased - 11/27/15 10:06 AM
On Tuesday,November 24th Peter Jones was discovered dead of natural causes in his home.
Peter Brandon Jones of Great Britain was one of the islands greatest SCUBA diving enthusiast and promoted technical diving through his dive shop on Ambergris Caye for many years before his retirement. Mr. Jones was 68 years old.
very sad to hear....
So sad ..... Condolences to his family and friends.
We have known Peter since his dive shop was on the dock at BYC. He always had time to chat and he always had a well-mannered and obedient island dog at his side. Gonna miss him.

Longtime resident Peter Jones found deceased

Longtime resident Peter Jones found deceased
On Tuesday, November 24th at about 5:20PM San Pedro Police responded to information received of a deceased person and visited a two story wooden house situated on Sea Star Drive, San Pedro Town. On arriving to the second floor of the structure house, the partially decomposed body of a Caucasian male person was seen lying face up in the middle section of his bathroom with no signs of physical violence to the outer part of his body. The body was identified to police as that of 68-year-old Peter Brandon Jones, retired diver of Great Britain.

Initial investigation reveals that Jones was last seen alive on Sunday, November 22nd at about 2PM by his care taker and by his friend of the same address who both visited him as he wasn't feeling well. According to reports, Jones had been complaining of stomach pain and also suffered from diabetes and high blood pressure. As a result, on Tuesday, November 24th about 4:50PM both persons decided to go and check on Jones as they were concerned about not seeing him around. Upon going into his house they noticed a strong smell coming from inside the house. They immediately made checks and they came across the lifeless body of Peter Brandon Jones and immediately called for police assistance.

Click here to read the rest of the article in San Pedro Sun

Sorry to hear about this. Rest in peace Peter and enjoy the dives.

My sympathies to friends and family.
Rest in Peace my friend. We are going to miss you. I know Lady is so sad. Does anyone know who has Lady. We have know her since she was a pup and Peter rescued her off the street. Always bought her a little something. Brenda and I could go 6 months or more without seeing here but she always knew us.
Very sad, sorry to hear of Peter's passing. He will be missed. Condolences to his family.
Tommy from downstairs at Peter's is looking after Lady.
sad to hear of this.
Thanks Inplub.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board