AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Golf cart rental

Posted By: Iva heath

Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 07:44 PM

Help, I need info on renting a golf cart for a month in March. We are getting the prices...1000$+ to rent one and I know that is NOT what we are going to actually pay! That is crazy! Please help! We just bought a condo at belizean shores but will feel cut off without a cart.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 08:57 PM

I don't rent carts but a quick check over the sites shows that as about the going rate for the vendors that supplier newer carts. You may be able to swing a deal with one of the smaller shops that offer older carts.

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 09:55 PM

Thanks but I know better.
Posted By: Hon

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Iva heath
Thanks but I know better.

With respect Iva, if you know better why are you asking for advice here?

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 10:55 PM

I know there are better deals out there

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/28/16 10:56 PM

My realtor pays 450$. I will go with his guy, I'm just seeing if anyone can do better.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Iva heath
Help, I need info on renting a golf cart for a month in March. We are getting the prices...1000$+ to rent one and I know that is NOT what we are going to actually pay! That is crazy! Please help! We just bought a condo at belizean shores but will feel cut off without a cart.

Generally rates run around $250 - 350 a week. Given the way renters drive and punish the vehicles it seems quite fair.

Posted By: Inplub

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 12:24 AM

Your realtor will rent for 12 months I am guessing and not for a month. 2 years ago I got one for BZ$800 a month, but I live next door to him.
Posted By: TSK

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 01:19 AM

Hi, my name is Sean Keating, I own Island Depot Golf Cart Rental. Prices vary as to time of the year, repeat customers , demand, etc. March is still considered high season and Easter is also in March of this year which is one of the busiest rental periods. We run a fleet of Club Car xrt 850 golf carts. I can quote you for the month of March 2016, for the calendar month, not a 4 week month. USD$500.00. Cash Payment.
Posted By: champion

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 11:39 AM

You must be face to face, cash in hand you will find 500 to 700 to be the number ive seen. Albeit
that was January, that may change for February.

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 12:43 PM

yes, cash in hand is always better and i know that will get the job done but i am just wondering if i could get any plans made before then perhaps. i realize with cash in hand, it will be likely i will get the deal i need.

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/29/16 12:47 PM

SEAN, of island golf cart rentals, we will be there march 1-march 31. sounds greats! so, you can offer 500$ for march? that would be great, how do i hook up with you?
Posted By: BZ Bound

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/30/16 12:21 AM

Hey Sean, can you help me out for 2/20-2/27? My wife and I are coming down for our 3rd trip to Belize. I believe we will be coming down every year until we move to the island. Give us a good deal and we'll come to you every time from now on. Let me know. Thanks.
Posted By: CrackOfDawn

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/30/16 08:59 AM

We've been going down for a bunch of years and have had no problems with Cholo's at $250 a week. Usually March but this year will be the first week in April. We broke down once with a broken cable way south and 2 guys with 2 carts showed up in about 30mins and just let us leave with one of their carts. Absolutely no worries. My advice is to not split hairs over nickels. FYI I never pay cash in case of an issue. Only AMEX.
Posted By: M go Blue Man

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/30/16 02:38 PM

Hi Ive. Can you give me your source. I have a home south island and we have a group coming where we will need another cart for a month. Thanks
Posted By: Pozzuoli42

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/31/16 12:34 AM

Hello, does anybody knows how much we have to spend for a gas golf car in used but good condition? We are new on Ambergris caye and do not want to get rip off..thanks!
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/31/16 02:12 AM

Very few people do routine maintenance on their carts, most fix them when they break. With that in mind you probably should only buy something a few years old at the most. New carts run up to $25K so for a good cart that will last a long time figure on at least $15-18K. The alternative is to buy a factory refurbished unit from a local dealer. If you're buying used make sure the person you are buying from is the one that actually holds the title, someone I know almost got burned by that last week by an expat leaving in a hurry.
Posted By: Pozzuoli42

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/31/16 03:31 AM

Thank you Simon for an answer! Have a nice Sunday!

Re: Golf cart rental - 01/31/16 02:43 PM

SEAN ,I'LL BE BACK AGAIN THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF APRIL. I OWN IN SAN PEDRO, SO I'LL BE COMING DOWN QUITE OFTEN. LET'S SEE WHAT WE CAN WORK OUT, ALWAYS CASH! THANKS, IVA
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Golf cart rental - 02/02/16 01:53 PM

Another relatively new company is Gulf Karts. Great customer service and very competitive rates. Across from Maya Island Air and a little south.
Posted By: dolfins

Re: Golf cart rental - 02/03/16 01:29 AM

Hi I am a taxi lady here in ambergris Caye and I have help a lot of tourist with golfcart on getting it for a very economic price I work with different company that give me some good local price if interested my email is cerpacarla05@gmail.com or call me at 6369808 will be my pleasure to help Anyone thanks
Posted By: Wizardofaahs

Re: Golf cart rental - 02/03/16 06:42 AM

Ask for your own special deals, folks. When others get you deals, they are getting commissions...guess who pays for that. Go directly to the source for the best deals.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board