AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Coming to AC, May 4th-15th

Posted By: Ken & Lynne

Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/21/01 06:15 AM

We're new members from Michigan (Lake Michigan side) coming to Ambergris May 4th thru 15th. Are any of you going to be there then? We have been reading this site for several weeks now and couldn't resist joining the fun!
I (Ken) have traveled to San Pedro twice and (Lynne) is going for the first time... can't wait, it been a cold, long winter in Michigan.
Posted By: lmarquis

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/21/01 06:57 PM

I'll be there from 5/5/ to 5/13. My first visit and I cannot wait!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 02:20 AM

Imarquis,
Great! Would love to meet. We'll be centrally located in San Pedro on ocean side.
Do you know where you're staying yet? Breakfast at Fido's? (local expat hang-out),
Dinner at Elvi's?(sand floor w/frangipangi tree growing through middle of restaurant)
Actually we're quite open to checking out all the local flavors and intend on going sun dial time as soon as possible.
Do you have any ideas?
Ken & Lynne

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 02:25 AM

Since I have never been, I will be checking out as much as I can. I may be traveling solo now. Doesn't look like husband can come wtih job. Staying at Mata Rocks, which is next to Banana Beach. There are several other people who are scheduled to be there at the same time. Definitely checking out BCs Beach BBQ on early afternoon Sunday and then heading to the Palapa Bar later in the afternoon for live music! I am sure we will have no problem meeting up for a Belikin.

Laurie
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 03:34 AM

have breakfast at canibal's instead. breakfast burritos are good, and they make waffles too!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 04:02 AM

Cannibal's is closed on Sundays. But make sure you try Cannibals any other day.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 03-21-2001).]
Posted By: B_b_f_b

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 05:56 PM

I will be there May 5-12. Staying at Banana Beach. Hope to see all of you when I'm there. Traveling solo as well. Hope to see you all there. Look for the tall woman with green eyes and a beliken in each hand.
Posted By: Gela

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/22/01 06:21 PM

I too will be there 5/5 - 5/12 and will be staying at The SunBreeze (which I think is near BC's Beach BBQ). I Just think in 44 days and I'll be in heaven!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/23/01 06:04 AM

Hi, May Day People,
If any of you coming in May want to get together at some point we'll try to keep track. Make your suggestions known.
See heading May Day!
Ken & Lynne

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/24/01 05:47 AM

Thanks to everyone...Imarquis, JaneinPa, Chloe, Becky_bound_for Belize and Gela for your replies.
Where is BCs Beach BBQ located? We'll make sure we check out Cannibal's (love that name!).
Can't wait...my first time in AC...42 days and counting...before I am "smitten" with the magic of Belize...the truth is...I'm already "smitten" from reading your spirited messages!!! Belize it!

Lynne

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/25/01 10:23 PM

I saw Gela's post that said only 44 days. Yahoooo! Now, it is 41 days. I am out of my head excited!

Becky, would you please send me your e-mail address. I have a q for you.

Laurie

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/25/01 10:24 PM

Whoops. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thx.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/26/01 06:04 PM

Hey Imarquis, check you email. I left you a message. Looking forward to meeting you in May.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 12:33 AM

This message board is great - we get to connect with fellow travelers before we get there! This sure takes the mystery and wonder out of traveling alone!

I look forward to meeting you all there!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 04:06 AM

Looks like most of us May arrivals will be staying south of town?
So looking forward to this holiday, we got over a foot of snow last night...getting old.
Becky are you from Chicago? we're north of you at Grand Haven, MI.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 04:12 AM

I AM from Chicago (well Evanston actually, right on the coldest part of the lake, go Northwestern). I look forward to the "May Day" posting. Count me in for drinks somewhere during the time that we are all there. I can't wait, winter has given me the blues, the only cure I can think of is a cold beliken in both hands, I'm ambidextrous. Look forward to meeting all of you when I get there.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 04:15 AM

40 MORE DAYS!!!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 04:17 AM

HOT DAMN!!!!!!!! 40 bottles of beliken on a wall, 40 bottles of beliken, one flew off, you know the drill, boy that song was annoying. Oh well, when your drunk it all sounds alright.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 06:53 PM

Hey folks: How about BC's Bar B Q on Sunday? According to all the locals on this board, it is fund and good food. I think it is in front of Sunbreeze and there is a sign. I understand it is a palapa type bar with good eats. Gela, Ken and Lynne, Becky? Any others?

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 07:06 PM

Count me in for the BBQ. See you all there.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/27/01 07:52 PM

Hey, BBQ on Sunday would be great! We can meet at my Hotel first (SunBreeze) and walk over there.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/28/01 05:30 AM

Laurie, Becky & Gela
Sounds good, count us in for BBQ @ BC's, meet in the lobby of Sunbreeze? High tide Belizian time?, does anyone have a feel for when the festivities begin?
Becky you live less than a 100 miles from us across Lake Mich. We'll be flying out of Chicago. "36 Days"
K & L [Linked Image]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/28/01 06:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

I think I read somewhere that the BBQ starts sometime in the afternoon. We'll have to get a real time. Can anyone inform us when the BBQ on Sunday starts at BC's?
Posted By: Jericco

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/28/01 02:16 PM

BC's BBQ starts at 12:00 noon but go early...the bar stools will up very quickly. They offer ribs, chicken, sausage and fish. Get one of each and share. You will not be disappointed.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/28/01 11:27 PM

I'll be there at 11:30! Are any of you game to try Choo Choo's tidy bowl drink?
Posted By: Ssebo Will

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/29/01 04:07 AM

Looking forward to meeting you all in May. Does anyone know of cheap air rates from Miami?
Posted By: Jericco

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/30/01 09:14 AM

Imarquis....I am so jealous! You might be sitting on MY bar stool. Enjoy. My tan is fading but I fixed snapper in coconut milk last night....thought I was back in AC.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/30/01 06:09 PM

Don't worry Jerrico. I will give you a toast while I am there!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/30/01 08:32 PM

S sebo will: join us all at BC's beach barbeque on Sunday May 6th!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 03/31/01 07:32 PM

Welcome Ssebo Will, see you at BC's for BBC.
Will, you were asking about flights- After searching every angle for flights I found the flight #'s I wanted and booked straight through American on there web, I also had a voucher I was turning in. As it turned out the price was as good as the cheapest deal I could find from anyone, $493 ea round trip out of Chicago into Belize Int'l. with one connector in Dallas with very little layover.
Have fun and see you all in paradise....

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/02/01 04:42 PM

Hi Ken & Lynne, see you all when you get to AC, hopefully at the BBQ. Too bad you two leave on the 4th, we could have met up in Chicago for a drink but we can save that for Belize.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/03/01 09:22 PM

Oh my God - my horoscope today says I should be out at the island instead of in my office working. I wish I could tell my boss that. 32 days and counting!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/08/01 04:12 AM

26 days and counting, set me free.... Are you guys getting motivated or what?? Bought a bathing suit today and working on my electric tan - hey if you were from Michigan you'd understand.
Posted By: diann

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/08/01 08:48 AM

Hey Lynne......I completely understand the fake n' bake ya got going (I'm in Colorado)!!! Jane and I also sport the tan line less bathing suits.. how bout you??!?! lol... I'm so envious of all you guys!! have a great great time... diann

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/08/01 07:54 PM

hey, diann -
Too bad you're not traveling to AC the same time we are. You could be our tour guide to the purple glove beach. I think Munichchick knows where that is. Or should you look for Denny? "Not!" He'll be spending his vacation in the shower, anyway!!!!
Lynne-(sporting no glove lines!)

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/08/01 10:12 PM

I'm doing the electric tan thing too. Kinda scary after a long, cold winter putting on a bathing suit!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/12/01 06:34 PM

21 days and I am counting.
Taking some heat at work, was overheard telling someone "Temptation Island" was filmed down there...."Thanks alot Fox"#@!%#@*!! Lucky it was such a stupid program, this exposure will soon peel, like a bad sun burn. Shame on the resort owners also for thinking they needed to demise themselves to distorting what Belize has to offer. Belize is changing, the first time I came to your country, there was one other person in the airport (Grizzley Adams) and I bought 10lbs of coffee for $1 (best coffee I ever had). Since then you've taken the 50 caliber machine guns off the runway and you have to stand in line with dozens of tourist checking in, yes the word is out.. protect your gem, don't make it another Key West! (forgive them Ernest, for they know not what they do..)

WOW... glad I got that out of the way. "To much time in the corporate smoke and mirrors". 21 days to go..
Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken & Lynne (edited 04-12-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/13/01 07:26 AM

Hey Lynne... oh how i wish i was coming there also!!! hmmmmm... poor denny... always in the shower. but it sounds to me like BIG zeke might be sharing the shower scene w/ Dennman.....
well guys..... all i can say, is if you make it to 'that' beach, just be suspicious of two coconuts and a banana..... [Linked Image] have a great time all of you..... i'm soooo very envious!!!!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/13/01 07:30 AM

hey Becky.. got a question for you.... have you ever tried Jilly's on Rush St??? THE very best Italian food ever.... (used to know the guy [Linked Image] just wondering. and if you haven't, you really should!!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/14/01 03:11 AM

diann you sound like a riot..
I'm trying to find out how many coconuts you can eat at one setting? think I saw on discovery channel- one man can eat two per day without getting sick. How many banans can you eat?
Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken & Lynne (edited 04-13-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/14/01 07:47 AM

hey Ken...
thanx!!! nicest compliment i've rec'd... well, along w/ way over 40's! but i'm afraid i can't answer that... looks like Marty's back, and i'm in hiding... (see the BIG zeke posts but don't tell Marty) i most certainly don't wanna be booted outta dis joint!!! so i'm layin low fer now...lol........

and 'sporting no glove lines 'Lynne... i can tell you know how to vaca girl..... sounds like you've got it goin on (or off for that matter), so's you don't need me!! and no Denman; not you either!! lol.....

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 04-14-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/16/01 04:34 PM

Hey Diann: haven't been to Jilly's in a couple of years, but did some dancing there once, had a hoot of a time.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/16/01 10:25 PM

Becky...
you're right... it's the place to be!!! but ya gotta try the food .... nothing better. let me know if you're going to go again.... i've got 'connections' babe... lol...
Posted By: barefoot

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/16/01 11:34 PM

Stop by and visit us at Barefoot Watersports, on the beach between Belize Yacht Club and Island Academy. Mike grew up in Michigan and sailed the Great Lakes for many years. He also used to dive those frigid waters. Stop by, have a beer, and swap war stories from the Mid-West!!! Oh yaeh, guess I need to read all the posts 1st. Mike spent many years in Grand Haven, Whitehall, Holland and Dowagiac Michigan.

[This message has been edited by barefoot (edited 04-16-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/17/01 01:37 AM

Thanks for the invite Dawn & Mike, we'll plan on stopping in.
Was really into shipwreak diving at one time but have hung up my drysuit some years ago.
This is not a dive vaca, but am bringing my reg and want to dive in the lighthouse reef area.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/17/01 02:16 AM

Hope to see you then. You will enjoy the Lighthouse reef area. We are heading to Turneffe Elbow tomorrow and Lighthouse on Thursday. We should have the Barefoot Express (formerly the Blue Hole Express) finished by the time you get here. It is a 40 foot offshore cruiser outfitted with new twin 315 HP Turbo diesels, new decking, seating, full head and galley for diving the outer atolls in comfort and style. I don't dive the shipwrecks naymore, but remember fondly diving Higgins Lake at the first ice out (very cold, bit my regulator bits off). See you in May.
Posted By: Mary and Scott

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/17/01 02:45 AM

You guys are making us soo jealous! We have to wait until the end of September to go again! Have a great time! Anyone going back in the fall?
Posted By: Mary and Scott

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/17/01 02:50 AM

Oh, make sure you all go to Papi's Diner,it is the island's best kept secret(sorry seashell for telling again!) on Front Street on the north side of town near the cut in the river that goes to the north side of the island. Best food in town.Papi and his wife own and operate the restaurant. Wonderful homemade soup,shrimp ceviche, great burgers and fries, great breakfasts and dinners. Enjoy!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/17/01 06:41 AM

Barefoot
Hey thats cool-ha ha. Higgins Lake's a nice clear lake. Did you happen to dive on the platform and air chamber dome (telephone) they set up on the west end of lake? Somebody also sank two Chris Crafts just for diving. That was quite a few years ago... who knows if that stuff is still there?
Here's a question for you... There's a few of us who have been looking into purchasing lots on Longcaye. Others have gone out on various boats only to have a couple of hours on island to explore. When I come down there I'm looking to find a way out, to be dropped off and stay overnight and be picked up sometime next day. You mentioned having a boat. Do you charter this? Would you know of someone who would do this? Was also thinking one of the dive boats that stay overnight on Halfmoon would drop me off and pick me up next day, any ideas?
Ken

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/18/01 04:57 AM

Yes, we can help you out. We plan to be doing overnights to Half Moon Caye with the Barefoot Express. The guy surveying the lots at Long Caye was just here last week, sound interesting and primative to start.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/18/01 06:01 AM

barefoot Mike, That's Great....
We'll be there May 3rd-15th and staying at Rubies. Would be great to do the dive thing with you out there also, would like to dive at the north end of longcaye (Aquarium site) I'm sure we'll work out details when we get there. In a bit people will also be going out to organize putting in a dock.
Talk to you later, Ken

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/22/01 11:27 AM

Hey gang, "11 days and counting"
Going to have to think about packing sometime, been spending way too much time yucking it up on this board, its been a hoot.
Our tour guide diann says you wear seagrass and coconuts or nothing at all!!
Denny did you have to bring your own soap on a rope??? K-man

[This message has been edited by Ken & Lynne (edited 04-22-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/22/01 09:40 PM

Hey Ken & Lynne, you must be excited, you are up at 4 somethin' in the am. Unless I'm wrong you are on the same time schedule as me in Chicago, does this mean you two are 5 in the morning partiers. Look out AC. Don't forget the Beach BBQ on May 6th. See you all there. I'm all excited, super packer Gela has given me packing tips and believe it or not I got all of my stuff into carry-ons only, don't have to worry about loosing my luggage cuz it's with me, yahoo. Anyway, see you all there on May 6 at the BBQ.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 12:56 AM

Hey, Becky -
Good hearing from ya! I'm impressed with your packing skills! How'd ja do it? I travel fairly light (not light enough, though, according to to the K-Man...ahem...)! Yes, Ken & I are very nocturnal!! Everytime we visit Chicago (definitely one of our favorite towns!!!)...we burn the midnight oil. I think you are an hour behind us (we just turned our clocks an hour ahead for daylight savings time several weeks ago). You should've seen us in Vegas last fall...we had a blast! Our friends say that Vegas is the only town that stays open late enough for us!! Although even Vegas thins out at 5 a.m. (ha, ha)! See ya at the BBQ!! Counting the days!
Lynne [Linked Image]

P.S. Ken wonders "how you women can pack just one bag." "Seagrass only?!" Ha!! Men!!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 03:29 PM

Mornin Lynne, I can't believe it myself packing all my stuff into two little carry-ons. What can I say, I'm good. Anyway, just counting the days here, can't wait to begin working on my first hangover. Oh well. Looking forward to May 5th, see you all at the BBQ on Sunday the 6th. Becky.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 04:41 PM

Hey dere Kman..... don't be gettin too excited or you might be packin more den just coconuts..... but it's good to see that you and Lynne will be sportin da no tan lines attire!!! i got an appt wit some major dept stores to see if'n they'll start sellin it here in da states.....only thing is, if'n all yer bringin is seagrass for Lynne, and coconuts for you, den what's the decor for dat wild affair bikini contest?!??!? maybe da left over mud??!?!

Oh Becky.... such a dis-appointment to da dennman.. fact that you're carryin on your stuff!!! i'm sure he'll find some way to help dem airlines lose yer stuff!!!!lol.....

Lynne.. ya lost me here babe... what else do ya need besides a baggie full of seagrass??!! JK.. i don't do dat stuff, altho i'm sure it sounds like it sometimes!!!
Posted By: Punta Rebel Girl

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 04:58 PM

Not to worry about the bikini contest. Karin and I did some wonderful things with just 3 little leaves and a little tape. In fact, the girl who won when we helped dress everyone, was only wearing 2 fig leaves and a palm branch strategically placed. Of course, she did have about 5 condoms inflated and taped to her hair, but I don't think that was the winning point to her costume. SO see, you can do seagrass and coconuts by day, and fig leaves by night. Isn't nature a wonderful thing? [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

[This message has been edited by Punta Rebel Girl (edited 04-23-2001).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 05:35 PM

You guys are cracking me up. I resolved to be a good girl on this vacation, but everywhere I look there's mud wrestling, fig leave applying, damn, you guys are making it really hard.

Do those coconuts come in different sizes cuz I'm still working up to a B cup?

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 06:34 PM

Das di beauty of di coconut, one size fits dem all. The less you have, the more it looks like you have, the more you have, the more it looks like you have. Mother nature knew what she was doing, Eve screwed it all up and ruined it for all of us. Damn apples.
Punta Rebel Girl [Linked Image]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 06:43 PM

Too funny Punta Girl and Diann, when I get back I am posting pictures with me wearing coconuts, throw away the miracle bra (it's a miracle if I ever grow any breasts) and throw away the wonder bra (I'm still wondering when they are coming), coconuts is the way to go. Yippeeeeeeeee.

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 07:31 PM

Hey Punta Girl... when was it we were goin to AC?!?!? lol... but i got a questy for ya.... did you use glue or whaaaaat to hook dem two fig leaves and palm branches tagedder for sunglasses??? hey, just a marketing ploy here; could be acsexories for da weed eater attire i'm marketing....
oh my.. dennman and de udders are gonna be using up dat soap on da roap for dat statement bout inflating condominiums..... LOL

Becky Becky Becky... dats exactly what we're hoping for and expectin outta dese men!!!! (ummmm read yer second line on yer 10.35 post)

wow!! you'll be da hit of dis here parade chick!! postin pix in coconuts and all!! you go girl!!!!

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 08:16 PM

Diann, I am ready anytime girl. I just need to leave my honey with some lovin and maybe he will be happy to have me leave him and the 4 little boys again. I am not the same person since returning from SP (and that is a very good thing)
The fig leaves were attached with, ready for this, duct tape. Packaging tape and duct tape were all Barefoot Iguana gave us to secure things with. I am sure it did not feel so good when it all came off. Especially for those big bad boys with the coconut nuts. They got a taste of a Belizian Wax Job. lol!!!!!! God, I wish I had had my camera with me that night, I would love to be able to revisit that night over and over again with real pictures and not just my memory. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 08:23 PM

Hey Diann, what do you think I was looking for a gym in AC for? I am ready to take on the world, Rocky, Rocky, Becky, Becky. All joking aside, what's the prize for the mud wrestling, anyone know?

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 09:51 PM

Don't know about the mud wrestling but I know that it was $100 cash and dinner for two for the bikini contest, so it seems like the mud wrestling should be as good. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 09:57 PM

Well depending on how drunk I get that night or how drunk I get in the morning and after my afternoon nap to start all over again, I'll let you all know if I could fit into the coconut shells, or rather if they stayed up.
Posted By: denverdan

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/23/01 10:33 PM

Hey Ken and Lynne,
I don't get the "dock" you are helping to put in... Is that on AC?
Also, would you e-mail me when you get a minute? [email protected]
Thanks bunches!
*HOPE*

[This message has been edited by denverdan (edited 02-22-2002).]

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/24/01 06:23 AM

How's dis seasoned chick gonna keep up with all yus guys? Last time I saw k-man he was in the backyard lookin for coconuts. Do we need a vacation or what? lol... lynne

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/25/01 04:57 AM

Hope-denverdan
Wrote to you on your e-mail and got it back, am I missing something here
[email protected]?
k-man

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 04/25/01 05:29 AM

Here I am on the crazy board againnnn
You girls sure know how to get us guys going...... no doubt you drove denney coconuts. Well gotta go, hunting coconuts that is--what size am I looking for anyway?? k-guy [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: ronmyway

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 05/12/01 04:28 AM

Just returned. You have no idea how crazy Ken and Lynne (and others) can get! Absolutely fabulous time. More to come later...

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 05/16/01 02:20 AM

hey ronmyway.... spill it baby!!! give us the dirt!!!!
Posted By: ronmyway

Re: Coming to AC, May 4th-15th - 05/16/01 05:01 AM

I would love to, diann, but they have dirt on me, too! Of course, I would turn State secrets for a Beliken on the beach at AC....
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board