AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Berghes Exotic Caye Beach Resort - Playador?? - 03/26/01 05:01 AM
We would love to know if anyone knows anything about the Playador (Exotic Caye Beach Resort)?? We think it sounds good, but there are such limited pictures on it's web site that we feel we haven't seen enough! We are three couples traveling together that would like an "island" looking cabana on the beach with a pool & resturant. Anybody have any other ideas? The problem is that not a lot of places can accomodate 6 people. Thank you in advance for any information!!
Playador is perfect for your needs. Nice pool, nice bar and restaurants are everywhere in that part of town south of the main busy down town. It's on the beach with nice cabanas. I don't know the exact prices but know that they are very competitive with comparable properties.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Exotic Caye Beach Resort - Playador?? - 03/26/01 04:19 PM
My husband and I returned about a month ago from Playador. I have both good and bad comments. The office staff, while incredibly friendly, weren't knowledgable about tours, dive info, or local info. The rooms were comfortable, not luxury by any stretch. One of the problems was the construction noise. They are building 2 new structures, and were working on the on-site restaurant. They may be finished by now... The on-site bar, the Crazy Canuck is wonderful!!! The Mango Tango is soooo good. Carol and Don are very nice people!
The dive shop there is Tuff Enough. Oliver is a great guide! Very knowledgable, very friendly, and very patient. If you get a chance, go with Oliver and Felix to Shark-Ray Alley, Felix plays with them like they are puppies. It is amazing!
Barefoot Iguana is just across the "street". Woody's Restaurant is across the street and is great for breakfast!
Oh yeah, the pool at Playador is pretty small, aboveground, but pleasant enough.
I hope you enjoy Playador, and love AC! We did!
PS: Make sure you see Barefoot Skinny while there!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board