AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: DoorNbr3--Kim Absolute MUST have meal & drink - 03/30/01 08:19 PM
Hey, gang !!!

Due to illness in my family, I had to canx our Belize trip last November. However, I just resched'd for 10 glorius days this Nov. This means that your stuck with me checkin' in and blathering and giggling like an island-struck school girl for nearly 8 LONG MONTHS. (May the force be with you! ;-)

That said: What is the ONE dish and the ONE drink (preferably of the potent persuasion--though I kinda frightened by these "Tidy Bowls")...that you absolutely MUST HAVE the minute you get off the plane?

Jonesin' for the island...

K.
<'))^---<
Posted By: aqtpie2 Re: Absolute MUST have meal & drink - 03/30/01 09:11 PM
I guess I have to say Rum Punch. Since you get bombarded with it waiting for your plane to AC.
Posted By: Kruman Re: Absolute MUST have meal & drink - 03/30/01 09:58 PM
One banana, coconut milk, a splash of orange juice and plenty of rum. I don't know what it's called, but it is smashingly delicious. Hosestly, I think this is something my mother made up. She's got certain bartenders around San Pedro who have it mixing before she makes it to the barstool. I will admit, however, that she doesn't take the rum, that part was my idea. Try one!! Double shot of rum is all the better. . . Food for me? I would have to say a Wednesday-only combo burrito from Mickey's place. It's worth scheduling an arrival day of Wednesday for one of those. Before 2pm or you are S.O.L.! ("Shit out of luck" - for those of you who didn't know.).
Excuse my language. . .
Jen Kruman

[This message has been edited by Kruman (edited 03-30-2001).]
Posted By: Mary and Scott Re: Absolute MUST have meal & drink - 03/31/01 02:01 AM
A belikin(tho they are not that potent), shrimp ceviche from Papi's Diner,meat pies, tamales and mayan burritos from Celi's Deli, and those chicken burritos things from the street vendor by Seven Seas and Papi's Diner, not necessarily in that order. Breakfast the next morning at Estel's by the sea! Enjoy!
Posted By: Mary and Scott Re: Absolute MUST have meal & drink - 03/31/01 02:02 AM
Sorry, I listed more than one dish, but if I could combine them all in one meal...yum.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board